Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

You have to use an amiibo, but a limited edition one that only that guy you hate across the street will be able to buy! He'll be walking around in the green tunic, like a real, classic gamer, while you throw your pro controller on the floor, dizzy from the bad framerate, and say "Nintendo is loving us again!"

Yep like that. But try to make it funny next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Phimosissy posted:

You have to enter your name as GROOSE

smh, if you don't enter the name Chico.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lol nintendo iz badz

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
You'd think an anniversary special game where all the various Links team up to fight evil would be a fun time but they don't really interact with each other all that much and just make shifty eyes at each other.

Except for Wolf Link from TP he gets along with everyone he just wants a belly rub. He doesn't care if it's from someone that's technically himself from a divergent timeline.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
dammit the U version is sold out on Amazon UK but the Switch version isn't, wanted to get my non-Switch-gettin best friend a day 1 copy cause his birthday is right afterwards

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

DalaranJ posted:

smh, if you don't enter the name Chico.

Lunk or Lonk are the best names. Nothing else compares.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I named my character Switch in my replay of OoT I started on Friday. When everyone is saying "you must save us Switch!" I pretend that it's Nintendo employees saying it.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Tingle wasn't in Twilight Princess?

He wasn't, but Purlo's appearance was based on him.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TP Link has it hard, dude gets cursed to be a doggo and then yanked into other games before he can be healed and is treated like a mutt wherever he goes.

In one instance he ends up lost and just settles down in a nice village somewhere. Give the guy a break.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

TP Link has it hard, dude gets cursed to be a doggo and then yanked into other games before he can be healed and is treated like a mutt wherever he goes.

In one instance he ends up lost and just settles down in a nice village somewhere. Give the guy a break.

At least he was popular enough to feature in two Smash games...unless you think it's just been OOT Link the whole time pretending to be other Links.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm gonna guess stuff like the hookshot and other necessary items will essentially be Sheikah Slate spells and stuff

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The one thing I'm still not sold on with this game is the ultra-desaturated colour scheme that makes everything look like it has the mildest layer of mist over it. Partly because I can't shake this idea that it's something to do with hardware limitations and it being such a big game.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Escobarbarian posted:

The one thing I'm still not sold on with this game is the ultra-desaturated colour scheme that makes everything look like it has the mildest layer of mist over it. Partly because I can't shake this idea that it's something to do with hardware limitations and it being such a big game.

That's the Wii u version

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Both versions have the same colour palette.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Pops Mgee posted:

Lunk or Lonk are the best names. Nothing else compares.

Liink or bust.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

tsob posted:

Liink or bust.

Evil clone?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Keiya posted:

Evil clone?

Thinks he's a Jedi

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Well, he does use the Tri-force , have a super sword, talk with mystical beings beyond time and so on. He's not far off. He just needs a cloak with a deep hood really.

Maybe an X-Wing knock off. He can borrow Fox McClouds.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think Arlo is a goon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjB0FB2ULbg

This is the gooniest don't spoil me thing I've ever seen.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I really hope there is an ArWing easter egg somewhere in BotW :allears:.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Does anyone follow the Amiibo prices for the older Zelda characters? Sheik is now almost $50 and Wolf Link is approaching $40. The TP HD game was going for $35 at one point. Were these always expensive or are people starting to buy them up for BotW?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

pentyne posted:

Does anyone follow the Amiibo prices for the older Zelda characters? Sheik is now almost $50 and Wolf Link is approaching $40. The TP HD game was going for $35 at one point. Were these always expensive or are people starting to buy them up for BotW?

Why? I just saw a bunch on racks at TRU yesterday.

I even saw a gold mario. Tons of Pit, Mega Man, Samus.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

pentyne posted:

Wolf Link is up at Best Buy for retail. (less if you have Gamer's Club)

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Sheik is the one I need and don't have (stupid cave of shadows) and I can't find it for under $30 anywhere... and that's before shipping.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It will be reprinted. What does it have to do with cave of shadows?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

You can't heal in the cave of shadows except via amiibo, and I played the cave before getting all hearts, so I need to either do another all-hearts run or manage to get to the end with a refresh left so I can have a maxed doggie in BotW.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I have a feeling people are going to be disappointed when it doesn't matter if you have trapped a previous link in dog form to be your slave.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Maybe but I want a doggy that follows me on my adventures :3:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Zelda just got delayed.

Edit: Nah. I made that up. Can't go to sleep without confessing that. I can't pretend to be a bad person.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Feb 14, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waltzing Along posted:

Has Gold Mario ever gotten a reprint run in Australia? I want a Blingmiibo, dammit.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/ZeldaOfficialJP/status/831311550853951488

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

They are making New Link and Dog Link out to be a weird friendship couple with all the holiday themed art they are doing for this game.

I have to admit I can only remember this and the Christmas picture, but that's still a weird amount of focus for an amiibo bonus.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
buy the amiibo please

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/831488352910209026

Expansion pass for... BoTW expansion packs?!?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

There's a turn I didn't see coming.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Oh whoops, we forgot some punctuation. It should say "Expansion? Pass."

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I'm going to get that drat pass because I'm Nintendo's bitch.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

20 Buckerino for a hard mode, some new features and one (1) dungeon seems pretty steep. They'll have to make a pretty good argument to get me to spend this much on a small expansion when the game is already massive.

Also:

Nintendo posted:

Content packs cannot be purchased individually.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

glassyalabolas posted:

:same:

Only thing that bothers me is loving Hard Mode being DLC. I really hope it's more than what Hero Mode has been (no heart spawns/higher damage) because that really should be standard content.

I hope Hard Mode has significantly altered enemy spawns or dare I say, reworked dungeons or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

glassyalabolas posted:

As will I, for the exact same reason. :a2m:

Less than a month away from the launch. So excited.