Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Frankston posted:

I didn't watch raw but I decided to read the results in the OP but I stopped reading them after steph and Roman beating the tag champs because fuuuuuck raw

If you watch nothing else (and you should watch the main event) then watch the Festival of Friendship. One of the best things on Raw in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Most all of the last hour was very very good

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
So glad I decided to watch the Festival of Friendship without being spoiled, best thing on Raw in forever.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Caught up having avoided all spoilers: FoF was an all-time Raw classic; teared up at Bayley winning, booking be damned.

Raw is a bad show, but this week's was uncharacteristically good, or at least the last hour was. gently caress tha haters.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Six weeks of fiery babyface promos from Jericho is gonna make the runup to WM a lot more fun imho

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Baron Corbin is Gladiolus from Final Fantasy XV.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MacDougall posted:

You'll find that isn't true, as Gladiolus has way more hair than Corbin.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I never thought I'd say this, but I actually haven't hated Otunga's commentary lately. At EC and for a couple SDL shows before it he's been acting as a foil for JBL, being the only one on the panel to call him out on his bullshit and sometimes actually shutting him up. I wouldn't call him good, but I'll give him a pass as of late because I hate JBL at the desk so much.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Part of me wants to think Adam Rose was in that movie and they'll have to edit him out by replacing him with a CGI Rusev.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
JBL and Otunga are two sides of the same coin, just as young boy Tom and Mauro are as well.

JBL: bad guy, gets message across

Otunga: good guy, rambles incoherently

young boy Tom: silent, but deadly

Mauro: will never shut up, with mixed results

I enjoy Smackdown Live's commentary, for what it's worth, but the team's setup does make me laugh.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I've been toying in my head with what a single man booth could accomplish.

You'd need the right guy tho. Mauro is consistently the closest to what I'd have in mind; flubs aside.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

reignofevil posted:

You'd need the right guy tho. Mauro is consistently the closest to what I'd have in mind; flubs aside.
You'd get Joey Styles and no one wants that in TYOOL 2017

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

reignofevil posted:

Watch some Joey Styles ECW. It's a lonely weird position to be in - having another human there to talk with helps the commentators. Otherwise silences creep in, or you can go slightly mad on your own.

Heavy Metal posted:

The NXT title has been pretty formulaic and predictable overall, but still well done. That was Charlotte and Sasha's feud, surely you could wait until this happens with Bayley to let it bother you about Bayley? Plus what if it doesn't happen? Then you might want to use a time machine to go back and enjoy this Raw match? Also she could then possibly win it back at WrestleMania, further drama for Bayley.

Nobody wants further drama. They want Bayley winning her first title in a big 1v1 PPV match clean.

No Wrestlemania 4 way, not even on RAW.

keevo posted:

Charlotte wins at the next PPV by getting Bayley disqualified. Boom.

By Sasha cheating on her behalf.

Honestly the most Bayley character correct thing would be for her to next week ask for the decision to be reverse because Sasha interfered. Now that's some old school face logic you don't see anymore.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Feb 14, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MacDougall posted:

he's large muscular, hairy, and leaves to go and sulk a lot

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I thought solo Joey Styles was absolutely great at the time but it hasn't aged well

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The FoF owned and so does Gillberg

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

achillesforever6 posted:

You'd get Joey Styles and no one wants that in TYOOL 2017

You misspelled tooL.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Honest question, does anyone give a poo poo about: A. Goldberg having a loving title in 2017? or B. Braun V Roman?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
yes

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

OldTennisCourt posted:

Honest question, does anyone give a poo poo about : A. Goldberg having a loving title in 2017? or B. Braun V Roman?

yes and let me tell you about mats

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i didn't enjoy most of RAW very much but man was the Festival of Friendship good. Jericho really is a gift, and even though I expected it, the Owens turn (? Heel to heelER is a turn, right?) was heartbreaking. Owens really has a gift for betraying people in upsetting ways.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MacDougall posted:

this is wrong because Gladio sucks and Baron Corbin is good

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

2 matches over ten minutes on a 3 hour show with most matches being 4 minutes or less.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

Honest question, does anyone give a poo poo about : A. Goldberg having a loving title in 2017? or B. Braun V Roman?
If Goldberg wins and Braun squashes Roman it'll be a strong early contender for WWE show of the year

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

But wouldn't it be better if they just swapped in Gillberg for all of Goldberg's feuds and just never mentioned Goldberg again for the rest of his life?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There are always great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJdXgx2knvI

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

MacDougall posted:

No, Roman is. Gladio's vest even has a similar logo on it.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

some guy on the bus posted:

But wouldn't it be better if they just swapped in Gillberg for all of Goldberg's feuds and just never mentioned Goldberg again for the rest of his life?

no

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Wrong. Yes it would.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

some guy on the bus posted:

Yes

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Professor Funk posted:

So in kayfabe, why on earth would KO turn on Jericho before his match with Goldberg, where he'll need all the help he can get? Is the idea that HHH/the Authority might help him again?

Reposting this because I still think it's sorta dumb even if the Festival was one of the best wrestling segments ever (seriously).

Edit: Also, for all the bitching we all do about booking, it's kinda cool to be able to say that Kevin Steen was part of maybe one of the best segments in wrestling history. Who would have thought that could ever happen in WWE?

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 14, 2017

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Never Forget: https://streamable.com/1v7p8

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

Reposting this because I still think it's sorta dumb even if the Festival was one of the best wrestling segments ever (seriously).

Half expect "HHH showed Owens The List and his name was the first one on it"

Also honestly, impressed at everyone involved for making that angle and segment go as perfectly as it did. A prop got over big enough it led to the best reveals and breakups in years

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
No lie that segment was legitimately heart breaking :smith:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

OldTennisCourt posted:

Braun sucks and they can book him well all they want he still sucks.

Goldberg is loving awesome and I would be actually sad and angry if he loses to Brock clean. The point of goldberg is that he's never lost clean, he either retire unbeaten champ of being the best and most cool and awesome; or have him truly establish a full time star to build the company around for the future (someone 33 or under, preferably).

Professor Funk posted:

Edit: Also, for all the bitching we all do about booking, it's kinda cool to be able to say that Kevin Steen was part of maybe one of the best segments in wrestling history. Who would have thought that could ever happen in WWE?

If you think the Triple H meeting and the turn were unrelated, you're wrong. Gotta always be about the game, baby! And the authority!

2 fat athletic dudes may be a new unit.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Professor Funk posted:

So in kayfabe, why on earth would KO turn on Jericho before his match with Goldberg, where he'll need all the help he can get? Is the idea that HHH/the Authority might help him again?

Kevin Owens is very mad that Chris Jericho got him into the match with Goldberg, and allowed his anger to overcome the rest of his senses. If you'll notice, he didn't hand him the list until after the heartfelt speech, which presumably sent him over the edge. In kayfabe, if Jericho hadn't dome that and maybe actually gotten Goldberg, Owens might not have given him the list, and just kept being friends with him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Legistration is not a word" :allears:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Owens has surface of the sun levels of heat with the crowd now

Edit: Like I legit can't think of the last time I hated a kayfave character as much as KO. Jericho was your best friend you fucker :smith:

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 14, 2017

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Senerio posted:

Kevin Owens is very mad that Chris Jericho got him into the match with Goldberg, and allowed his anger to overcome the rest of his senses. If you'll notice, he didn't hand him the list until after the heartfelt speech, which presumably sent him over the edge. In kayfabe, if Jericho hadn't dome that and maybe actually gotten Goldberg, Owens might not have given him the list, and just kept being friends with him.

:smith:

Wazzu posted:

If you think the Triple H meeting and the turn were unrelated, you're wrong. Gotta always be about the game, baby! And the authority!

2 fat athletic dudes may be a new unit.

I mean it's clearly related to HHH, I'm just trying to figure out how all of the storylines interlock or if there will be any payoff to that aspect at all since we're getting HHH/Rollins, Lesnar/Goldberg, and Jericho/Owens at Mania. Is Owens/Goldberg just going to be the most overbooked clusterfuck in history?

Edit: to clarify, there are three distinct parties that could get involved, right? Jericho (to gently caress over Owens), Brock (to gently caress over Goldberg), and now HHH (to protect Owens I guess??). Just curious how they'll handle it (probably not well).

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Edit: to clarify, there are three distinct parties that could get involved, right? Jericho (to gently caress over Owens), Brock (to gently caress over Goldberg), and now HHH (to protect Owens I guess??). Just curious how they'll handle it (probably not well).
probably also Rollins (because gently caress HHH and Owens)

I am only down for Gillberg replacing Goldberg if he is booked like Goldberg. If he can even half-rear end a jackhammer on Brock, I'll accept it.

• Locked thread