Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Wazzu posted:

Braun sucks and they can book him well all they want he still sucks.

Goldberg is loving awesome and I would be actually sad and angry if he loses to Brock clean. The point of goldberg is that he's never lost clean, he either retire unbeaten champ of being the best and most cool and awesome; or have him truly establish a full time star to build the company around for the future (someone 33 or under, preferably).

Goldberg's deal only goes through Mania, so badnews.gif I'm afraid. I mean I guess there's a tiny chance he signs a new deal before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

bradzilla posted:

Goldberg's deal only goes through Mania, so badnews.gif I'm afraid. I mean I guess there's a tiny chance he signs a new deal before.

Brock *has* to beat Goldberg at Wrestlemania. I don't think there's any question of that. If they don't want a part-time champion, I wouldn't be shocked if they had someone take it off him that night (maybe a returning Balor or something, not sure how they'd book it). This also makes sense practically because Goldberg/Lesnar is going to be like 9 minutes long so it wouldn't be hard to figure out time-wise.

Honestly though, Goldberg seems like he's having a lot of fun, so I wouldn't be that shocked if he stayed around and did one more big match at Summerslam or something. I'm enjoying his run, personally, even though I don't want him near the championship. I'd be down for him to stick around.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

bradzilla posted:

Didn't Goldberg's contract ending 1 day after mania cause their last mania match to be a disaster? Ah well at least Brock isn't leaving this time. Whats the over/under on Austin refereeing again?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Blaise330 posted:

Didn't Goldberg's contract ending 1 day after mania cause their last mania match to be a disaster? Ah well at least Brock isn't leaving this time. Whats the over/under on Austin refereeing again?

yea it's almost as if having guys explicitly only sticking around until the biggest show ends tends to backfire.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Honestly though, Goldberg seems like he's having a lot of fun, so I wouldn't be that shocked if he stayed around and did one more big match at Summerslam or something. I'm enjoying his run, personally, even though I don't want him near the championship. I'd be down for him to stick around.

Agreed. I'm really tired of Brock phoning it in and the same tired Heyman promos, while Goldberg seems to care and is having fun. Brock can gently caress off to Saskatchewan or whatever and Goldberg should take up the Superboss mantle.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm legit surprised they didn't move Money In The Bank to March just to have a way out of this part-timer fiasco that Vince is obsessed with.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bradzilla posted:

Agreed. I'm really tired of Brock phoning it in and the same tired Heyman promos, while Goldberg seems to care and is having fun. Brock can gently caress off to Saskatchewan or whatever and Goldberg should take up the Superboss mantle.

yea I never thought I'd say this but I wish it'd be Brock leaving after WM and Goldberg staying around, at least he has more than one promo

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

bradzilla posted:

Goldberg having so much fun is sort of :3: too because he's said so many times he came back because he wanted his kid to see him do his thing. It seems like he's having a blast partly because he gets to look rad in front of his son, and that's sort of nice.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Goldberg's basically the anti-Brock in that he's not a tremendous rear end in a top hat and seems like a pretty chill dude.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gillberg is a treasure

https://i.imgur.com/Y8kd6YY.gifv

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Blaise330 posted:

I'm legit surprised they didn't move Money In The Bank to March just to have a way out of this part-timer fiasco that Vince is obsessed with.
Heel Batista got an impromptu title match on a battered Cena in 2010, just like a cash-in (during a year that also had 3 actual MITB cash-ins). They can just run some angle if they really need to switch titles in a pinch.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

probably also Rollins (because gently caress HHH and Owens)

I am only down for Gillberg replacing Goldberg if he is booked like Goldberg. If he can even half-rear end a jackhammer on Brock, I'll accept it.

also they'd need to use the actual Goldberg any time they'd use Gillberg in a Goldberg feud.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

So what the god drat poo poo was the point of this Emmalina poo poo? Was it just a rib and a fun way to waste Emma's and the fans' time? Looking forward to seeing Emmalina on dozens of "dumbest poo poo ever done by WWE" lists or whatever

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Now bring back Ralphus and the Jerichoholic Ninja.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

extradite THIS! posted:

So what the god drat poo poo was the point of this Emmalina poo poo? Was it just a rib and a fun way to waste Emma's and the fans' time? Looking forward to seeing Emmalina on dozens of "dumbest poo poo ever done by WWE" lists or whatever

I have no idea if her delivery was meant to be so terrible but I don't see how it accomplished anything for Emma, whatever story they're trying to tell, or fan interest. Maybe it was just the feed I watched but the crowd seemed like they didn't care about her at all. Hopefully they can turn it around because Emma deserves better and the Raw women could use another fresh match.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

Vince McMahon thinks it's high comedy. Now watch them do another 17 weeks of vignettes for Emma.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The FOF and the JOE-Sami segments were really good. Stephanie and Roman are the worst characters in the WWE right now and bring down the show. Also LOL at Bayley winning on a random raw so Charlotte can keep her useless ppv streak.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Feb 14, 2017

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Jericho sold everything so well he really did a great job on that promo, was really one of my favourite promos all time and you just felt bad for Jericho

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

extradite THIS! posted:

The Emmalina character was Tom Casiello's idea. A writer who was fired late October. WWE hasn't had any idea what to do with it since and is a low priority in general.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rovert posted:

The Emmalina character was Tom Casiello's idea. A writer who was fired late October. WWE hasn't had any idea what to do with it since and is a low priority in general.

They couldn't have just dropped it like they've done 10000 times before?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also Dana is really bad, was out of position and almost botched her interference.

Sasha punched Charlotte right in her breast, ouch.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

rovert posted:

Oh, ok. That does go some way of explaining the whole deal. Thanks, Rovert!

bradzilla posted:

They couldn't have just dropped it like they've done 10000 times before?

Well, if Emma was a low priority and there were no storylines or plans for her to be inserted into the title scene, I guess they just saw no reason to do anything at all with her, including dropping a dead in the water gimmick whose writer wasn't employed anymore? Must've been infuriatingly frustrating for Emma. Even moreso than for us. God drat I miss her in the ring. Hope she comes back as Evil loving Emma ASAP

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

The FOF and the JOE-Sami segments were really good. Stephanie and Roman are the worst characters the WWE right now and bring down the show. Also LOL at Bayley winning on a random raw so Charlotte can keep her useless ppv streak.

I 100% agree with this post! Unity, yay!

Also I didn't really follow Jimmy Jacobs in ROH until the very end of his time there but the FoF SCREAMED Jacobs. The whole friendship getting twisted and something sweet and/or silly turning mega evil is totally Jimmy.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

The Emmalina thing was hilariously heatless and now no one will ever care about her again.

Face Jericho is so terrible. I'm looking forward promos on the level of "me want title match" for the next however many weeks where Jericho puts [tonight's city's rival sports team] on the list every week, baybay.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only bad thing in the FOF is, of course, HHH put himself in.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Faustian Bargain posted:

Face Jericho is so terrible. I'm looking forward promos on the level of "me want title match" for the next however many weeks where Jericho puts [tonight's city's rival sports team] on the list every week, baybay.
I think the only thing that will change between this last heel run and impending face run is that he will stop referring to the fans as "stupid idiots". He can still be a great face without changing much.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I hope Jericho goes obnoxious baby face, extreme over the top, like has the list of hope or optimism or something and trolls the cities with it like Cleveland I truly hope from the bottom of my heart the browns will have a winning season I'm putting you on the list

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Do it ironically posted:

Jericho sold everything so well he really did a great job on that promo, was really one of my favourite promos all time and you just felt bad for Jericho

The few times WWE makes you suspend disbelief shows how good wrestling could be if there was just good writing and good talkers. Heels winning shouldn't get cheered or "You deserve it" chants. And now Owens won't. People are willing to suspend disbelief if you give them something good.

Back in 2008, Jericho had everyone really believing in the other direction. He made himself be so hated that he was getting attacked outside of arenas. If only everyone was as great as Jericho.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I think the only thing that will change between this last heel run and impending face run is that he will stop referring to the fans as "stupid idiots". He can still be a great face without changing much.

hell he gets a face reaction from calling everyone stupid idiots why change it

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I like Brock Lesnar because he can go in the ring but is given poo poo to work with so I get why he isn't balls out for it. Goldberg had his moment but I don't care much for him so it'll be fine if he is gone after Mania. Here's hoping they give good dudes and material to challenge Brock so he cares.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Too soon?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DoctorGonzo posted:

Also Dana is really bad, was out of position and almost botched her interference.

Sasha punched Charlotte right in her breast, ouch.

She did botch it, Bayley had to yell at her to do it after she missed her spot the first time.

Jericho's voice when he asked why his name was on the list was heartbreaking

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

linda is officially a part of the federal government

wonder what tax breaks wwe will get

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Vertical Lime posted:

*puts IRS through table*

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

She did botch it, Bayley had to yell at her to do it after she missed her spot the first time.

Jericho's voice when he asked why his name was on the list was heartbreaking

Would the saddest possible outcome at Fastlane be Jericho coming out to interfere - everyone thinking it's to get back at Owens - only to help Owens win in an effort to win his friendship back, and then get beaten down by Owens again?

Oh god

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Did Jericho hold that pose when he did the get...IT for the whole commercial, if so the segment is even better

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Golashes posted:

Did Jericho hold that pose when he did the get...IT for the whole commercial, if so the segment is even better

Yes.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

reignofevil posted:

*puts IRS through table*

Can he do a table bump at his age?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vertical Lime posted:

Congratulations to Linda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Everyone list your favorite Team Chris and Kevin moments!

Mine's the time Chris Jericho narrated the Hell in a Cell package about how Kevin Owens was his best friend.

• Locked thread