Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
tobbs please, I am a slug, not a snail

don't be racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

this is a stickup posted:

tobbs please, I am a slug, not a snail

don't be racist

speciesist

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Somberbrero posted:

yorkshire is confirmed town, right? because man those posts weren't great.

It's almost as if being confirmed town gives me more leverage to do whatever I want.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm the cure.

So I was going to out myself when Dugong got shot, before he flipped, but I ran it by Inf first to make sure it wouldn't ruin his game or anything for me to do that, and he told me not to. I went ahead and kept silent since he seemed to prefer that, but now that I'm being eyed for a kill, I think this qualifies as a good time.

I don't have any fun info to share about why Dugong recruited Kash, or me, because he was never in the doc at the same time as either of us to interact with. I had asked Dugong a bunch of questions about that and was waiting on answers when he was shot.

As an fyi, Dugong's boon for recruiting me was that he was going to get to start recruiting two a night.

I wasn't turned last night, but I assume I'll get turned tonight now that I'm outted.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

King Burgundy posted:

I'm the cure.

So I was going to out myself when Dugong got shot, before he flipped, but I ran it by Inf first to make sure it wouldn't ruin his game or anything for me to do that, and he told me not to. I went ahead and kept silent since he seemed to prefer that, but now that I'm being eyed for a kill, I think this qualifies as a good time.

I don't have any fun info to share about why Dugong recruited Kash, or me, because he was never in the doc at the same time as either of us to interact with. I had asked Dugong a bunch of questions about that and was waiting on answers when he was shot.

As an fyi, Dugong's boon for recruiting me was that he was going to get to start recruiting two a night.

I wasn't turned last night, but I assume I'll get turned tonight now that I'm outted.

as long as the boon doesn't silence you I don't see why anybody would turn you now, they're asking to get beaned in the beans

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Updated:

EXECUTIONERS

Pussy Quipped
Bifauxnen
Yorkshire tea

Anomalous Amalgam
Quidthulhu
Lampsacus

Lampsacus
Enola Gay-For-Pay
iajanus

Quidthulhu
this is a stickup
Yorkshire tea

DEATHS
Jonathan Fisk - TOWN
chaoslord - TOWN
bowmore - TOWN
CapitalistPig- TOWN
Kashuno- Infected (Vampire)
gulagdolls - TOWN
Dugong - Vampire Recruiter
Murmur Twin - TOWN
Absurd Revolver - TOWN

Remaining SCUM = 2 recruiters and up to 6 recruits

POTENTIAL RECRUITERS

1. CCKeane
  2. imgay
  3. Jordan7hm
  4. King Burgundy
  5. Little Mac
  6. MMM Whatchya Say
  7. Moatillata
  8. Poque
  9. SLASHER HAWKE
  10. Somberbrero
  11. Tobbs Gnawed
  12. Tommunist

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Sorry that came off far more angry than I intended it. The fact that I'm confirmed town means I can throw suspicion on people without doing so myself. I've been told a good tactic is to question people before I shoot so that's what I'm trying.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Sorry that came off far more angry than I intended it. The fact that I'm confirmed town means I can throw suspicion on people without doing so myself. I've been told a good tactic is to question people before I shoot so that's what I'm trying.

you're doing fine. shoot somber imo

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I don't care who you shoot in this game, but IRL please shoot me TIA

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Doing the worst case math:

D2 there will be up to 6 bad guys in a list of 27. We'll shoot 3 out of 24 potential recruiters. If we still haven't hit any recruiters/recruits, we will be at 24 players/6 bad/18 potential recruiters
D3 there will be up to 9 bad guys in a list of 24. We'll shoot 3 out of 18 potential recruiters. If we still haven't hit any recruiters/recruits, we will be at 21 players/9 bad/12 potential recruiters
D4 there will be up to 12 bad guys in a list of 21. We'll shoot 3 out of 12 potential recruiters. If we still haven't hit any recruiters/recruits, we will be at 18 players/12 bad/6 potential recruiters
D5 there will be up to 15 bad guys in a list of 18. We'll shoot 3 out of 6 potential recruiters. If we still haven't hit any recruiters/recruits, Town/Cure are dead, we will be at 15 players/15 bad and I guess they recruit each other to death with no more guns in play?

Obviously, we will more likely fall somewhere in the middle, occasionally hit a recruiter/recruit, they will sometimes recruit the same target, etc. But either way by D4/D5 if we haven't already, we will have high odds of hitting the recruiter. And as long as we aren't literally doing the worst possible to that point, we are in decent shape of pulling things out.

So worst case math revisit since things went down a bit differently:

D4 there are up to 8 bad guys in a list of 21. We'll shoot 3 out of 12 potential recruiters. If we haven't hit another recruiter, we will be at 18 players/8 bad/9 potential recruiters.
D5 there are up to 10 bad guys in a list of 18. We'll shoot 3 out of 9 potential recruiters. If we haven't hit another recruiter and existing executioners get picked again, we will be at 15 players/10 bad/6 potential recruiters.
D6 there are up to 12 bad guys in a list of 15. We'll shoot 3 out of 6 potential recruiters. If we haven't hit another recruiter and existing executioners get picked again, we will be at 12 players/12 bad/3 potential recruiters and game is over for town.

I mean, there is almost no way it goes down like that at this point. Since if they are really recruiting mostly from the non executors, we are bound to hit another recruit instead of town at the very least. Or if they are mostly recruiting from executioners we are going to get mostly new executioners soon to reduce potential recruiters faster. But still.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Could the bad guys withhold their recruitment in order to give us more chances of hitting a town target every day? Is my logic bad?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

You know when I said I had no idea what was going on?

I still don't.

So firstly I'm confused. The suspect list indicates that there are three recruiters, but we killed the vamp recruiter, so surely there are only two left? Do recruiters regenerate when killed?

In any case, assuming that's a typo, a random shot has a 1/6 chance of hitting a recruiter, which is better odds than what we started with.

With that being said, the one thing I do know is that it would have been a good strategy for recruiters to hit people who got shots early in the game and there are two people who got them at the start who haven't yet had them again.

Bifaux I will murder you at the end of the day unless you (or anyone else) can reasonably convince me that you haven't been turned, or that there's another suspect that's more likely.

Yeah, imho, stick with the plan. Murdering an executioner is a bad use of our time/shots. The important thing is stopping the recruitment of new people.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Pussy Quipped posted:

Could the bad guys withhold their recruitment in order to give us more chances of hitting a town target every day? Is my logic bad?

If I were a bad I would never ever do that.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Then again I thought they would recruit solely from executioners so I am bad at predicting scum behavior this game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pussy Quipped posted:

I don't think the math works out. If they did that even once, that gives us an extra day before endgame to solve the issue of the recruiters.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey guys my advice would be to not go after the worst lurkers since if you're a recruiter you something to do in this game and aren't as bored

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey guys my advice would be to not go after the worst lurkers since if you're a recruiter you something to do in this game and aren't as bored

I agree with this and said something similar before.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Pussy Quipped posted:

I agree with this and said something similar before.

But I also shot a guy with like 3 posts so oops

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Additionally, how about pock

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You say that, but Dugong.

I can still easily see the other recruiters being just like him.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I guess so

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Dugong is a european though, and expressed frustration about not being able to post

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

a filthy euro

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm too handsome

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

King Burgundy posted:

I'm the cure.

How did you know what the Dugong boon was?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

How did you know what the Dugong boon was?

He was told in doc.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

##execute tobbs gnawed

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I looked at his posts in this thread and I feel good about killing him, personally

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm good, though

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

He was told in doc.

Actually, I was wrong, I just checked. I was told in my PM when I got bitten and given link to doc. Inf said stuff in doc, but not that.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Actually don't kill Somber, I don't think a recruiter wouldn't be paying so little attention that they wouldn't be hyperaware of executioners

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

##execute tobbs gnawed

:vince:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
why didn't you out dugong in the thread without outing yourself as the cure?

if kb is fake claiming cure, the real cure should stay hidden and not counter claim because he's trying to draw you out

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Actually, I was wrong, I just checked. I was told in my PM when I got bitten and given link to doc. Inf said stuff in doc, but not that.

##vote KB

You liar

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

why didn't you out dugong in the thread without outing yourself as the cure?

if kb is fake claiming cure, the real cure should stay hidden and not counter claim because he's trying to draw you out

Yeah this is suspicious

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

If he's fake claiming cure, the only reason to do so is because he's a recruiter. We can kill him, and if he's the cure we get to stop playing this so it's win/win

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
maybe wait for stickup's flip to see if maybe He Has A Point or if we can verify that he indeed Does Not Have A Point

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
or he's infected, which would make a lot more sense because it wouldn't lose the game for his faction, while possibly drawing out the cure

interestingly it also drew you out, clamoring immediately to kill the claimed cure

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
oh wait stickup was the murderer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm aware this is stupid since I just talked about awareness of executioners

• Locked thread