Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
A Redditor did a 2017 update to the My Desire video complete with that stupid Creed song and it's beautiful.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/wwe-desire-video-2017-my-sacrifice/2/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jetfire posted:

A Redditor did a 2017 update to the My Desire video complete with that stupid Creed song and it's beautiful.

this is awesome

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jetfire posted:

:yeah:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jetfire posted:

This may be the greatest use of Creed of all time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This may be the greatest use of Creed of all time.

Wrong, that's actually The New Day

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's my favorite fanmade thing for wrestling since Wrestling Isn't Wrestling. I've watched it multiple times now.

e: seriously, this is the closest anything I've seen since Max Landis's final speech in Wrestling Isn't Wrestling came to just showing the pure joy I feel when I watch Pro Wrestling.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 14, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jetfire posted:

Great video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0iDtAP4FWo This is my favorite video of all time.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Senerio posted:

Everyone list your favorite Team Chris and Kevin moments!

Mine's the time Chris Jericho narrated the Hell in a Cell package about how Kevin Owens was his best friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkXm43500Fg

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Senerio posted:

Everyone list your favorite Team Chris and Kevin moments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGr9-_KimQY Raw Talk

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

DoctorGonzo posted:

Also Dana is really bad, was out of position and almost botched her interference
And I wouldn't have her any other way.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i'm going to miss those two so goddamn much, hopefully JeriKO can somehow reform once fozzy is done touring

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pressedbunny posted:

And I wouldn't have her any other way.

She is awesome and should be on the A+ show

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I assume JBL is playing an alcoholic character. He randomly yells "I love it", reminisces about his glory days and argues for no reason.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The one absolutely consistent thing about HHH's character over the last 17 years is his desire to bury Jericho. They were never on the same side, right?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
They teamed together with Flair against HBK, Nash and Booker at Backlash 03.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
They tagged a couple times, but nothing since Backlash 2003, where they were tagging with Ric Flair against Booker, Nash, and HBK.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo everyone watch that side by side edit of the Creed things, it makes it EVEN BETTER.

The side by side of Dean and Kurt getting lifted with the titles was especially fantastic, and the juxtapositions of Rock and Roman and Seth and HHH are especially amazing.

I spoilered them because they took me by surprise which made them even better.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s83qeS54K0s

Watching this again the crowd reaction to the KO list reveal is one of the coolest things ever.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jetfire posted:

This is so good, especially the side by side view.

Also I went to WWE's youtube channel to see how bad the Emmalina debut was and unlike all her promo videos and most other Raw segments, they did not upload it. I guess that answers my question.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Holy poo poo everyone watch that side by side edit of the Creed things, it makes it EVEN BETTER.

The side by side of Dean and Kurt getting lifted with the titles was especially fantastic, and the juxtapositions of Rock and Roman and Seth and HHH are especially amazing.

I spoilered them because they took me by surprise which made them even better.

I thought the side by side at the beginning of Rock and Austin vs Rollins and Reigns would be better served by AJ and Cena considering the history and whatnot, but it's otherwise perfect.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

This is so good, especially the side by side view.

Also I went to WWE's youtube channel to see how bad the Emmalina debut was and unlike all her promo videos and most other Raw segments, they did not upload it. I guess that answers my question.

They did https://youtu.be/YzAoLT2GPcc

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s83qeS54K0s

Watching this again the crowd reaction to the KO list reveal is one of the coolest things ever.

this was so good I'm p sure the kid to the right of the statue podium is crying

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Whoops, somehow missed that in the upload list. It was disappointing except for Corey Graves being Corey Graves and therefore very good.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

this was so good I'm p sure the kid to the right of the statue podium is crying

Don't worry, kid, he still has Jimmin Marvinluder...

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Sami tried to warn him. :smith:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Pinwiz11 posted:

Don't worry, kid, he still has Jimmin Marvinluder...

Omg if he cuts a promo next week and they have jimmin marvinluder surprise him to console him I might die

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The my sack of fries video is real good and I can't wait to see Bray's side plates. Hopefully it's something better than FOLLOW on the left and THE BUZZARDS on the right.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Y2AJ was way better than JeriKO. They didn't even get a t-shirt!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Endless Mike posted:

Y2AJ was way better than JeriKO. They didn't even get a t-shirt!

Mods?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The friendship festival and the post-survivor series highlight reel are two all time classic segments thank you Chris and boo Kevin you rude brute.

Also Vladimir Koslov is in John Wick 2. He is not as smart as Kevin Nash was.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I forget, did we decide that being put as the junior member of a team with Chris Jericho was the end of AJ's chances to be a big deal in WWE at the time? Seems like a fairly Rowdy Ringsports thing to claim.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I don't think I've been that emotionally effected by something I've watched since Toy Story 3
Goddamn you KO!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats on returning, Kelly Kelly

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

projecthalaxy posted:

I forget, did we decide that being put as the junior member of a team with Chris Jericho was the end of AJ's chances to be a big deal in WWE at the time? Seems like a fairly Rowdy Ringsports thing to claim.

People were definitely pissed about AJ losing at mania but I remember Y2AJ's brief run being pretty popular. Everyone went nuts for that match they had with New Day.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Stale Saltines posted:

People were definitely pissed about AJ losing at mania but I remember Y2AJ's brief run being pretty popular. Everyone went nuts for that match they had with New Day.

AJ won the next night on Raw against Jericho didn't he

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

ZDar Fan posted:

Can he do a table bump at his age?

Mae Young did it.

Golden Bee posted:

I assume JBL is playing an alcoholic character. He randomly yells "I love it", reminisces about his glory days and argues for no reason.

Also he falls down a lot.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Random note, WWE is way more entertaining right now with better matches than it was in 2007! I say kudos on going in some cool directions.

(as much as I love ya Edge)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

There are so many great touches in that Jericho/Owens segment.

The thing that really made it work was that we knew that they'd split up and end up in a WrestleMania feud, but it made the most sense to do it after Fastlane. Jericho got Owens into that situation, so Goldberg steamrolling through the two of them seemed like a likely way to end it. Jericho and Owens would no longer be unbeatable and Owens would be able to snap and attack Jericho. It was just going to suck because it would make those two look lame and Owens attacking Jericho would be sort of justified. We'd be meant to root for Jericho despite being a loser screw-up.

But it still felt like the Festival of Friendship would be an amusing piece of filler to build on the eventual turn. Having it happen last night made it way more shocking and emotional. Plus it keeps them protected in a way. Maybe Jericho could have helped Owens retain against Goldberg. We'll never know because of Owens' hubris.

Then there's Owens' reasoning. Was it one thing or a combination of stuff? Did Triple H pull him aside to say, "Cut this poo poo out, this isn't why I made you champ"? Was it the Goldberg challenge? Was Jericho getting too annoying for him? Even in Jericho's heartfelt speech, he keeps playing up how Owens keeps winning because he needs Jericho and you can see that piss Owens off, even if Jericho meant it in a nice way.

The crowd's response is the best thing because it goes from a sad reaction to Jericho being put on his own list to a realization that he's on Owens' list to a louder realization that this is the end.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Gavok posted:

But it still felt like the Festival of Friendship would be an amusing piece of filler to build on the eventual turn. Having it happen last night made it way more shocking and emotional. Plus it keeps them protected in a way. Maybe Jericho could have helped Owens retain against Goldberg. We'll never know because of Owens' hubris.

Definitely, great great timing. I also felt Rollins turning on The Shield was great timing. The best time for a shock is before people would expect it.

In this case, they also forshadowed it and had us wondering what was going on with Kev throughout the episode, so the whole Festival of Friendship had that air of uneasy uncertainty to it too. Then the actual reveal and turn was funny as well as heartbreaking, which I think it pretty great. Kind of a unique and unconventional vibe to the whole segment, pretty original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I cant believe the one Raw I miss is actually good. Having rewatched it, that last hour was so good with everyone losing their poo poo for Bailey.

• Locked thread