Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Has anyone received the bill credits that were associated with the Black friday 'give away devices and lines' deal that happened? I just received my second bill and none yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

TraderStav posted:

Has anyone received the bill credits that were associated with the Black friday 'give away devices and lines' deal that happened? I just received my second bill and none yet.

Same, going to call them at this rate.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

TraderStav posted:

Ours last month didn't show up until something like the day before it was due or something. And then this month they aren't on there yet

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Called today. They said it would take two FULL bill cycles. The first bill I received wasn't the "first".

Guy on the phone broke it down for me and I left confident that it'll happen.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah my understanding is that you get phone. Next bill and the second bill you pay full price. Third bill you pay reduced price (due to credits) and get credits for the difference on the prior bills. So an S7 Edge is about 10/month after credits, instead of 30. You'd get 40 in credits for "over paying" the first two bills on your third one. And then just the extra 10/month thereafter.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

TraderStav posted:

Called today. They said it would take two FULL bill cycles. The first bill I received wasn't the "first".

Guy on the phone broke it down for me and I left confident that it'll happen.

I'm an impatient retard and contacted T-Mobile 8 times via their web chat and on the phone about their two free lines promo. I've received credit for one of two lines since my first bill, so I wanted to understand why my other line wasn't getting a credit.

Each time, they assured me I will receive it within 2 billing cycles, and my bill would be correct this month. One of the customer service agents was so nice to tell me she'd "follow-up" with me after a month to make sure the credit gets applied! She called a month later telling me my credit applied... only it's still for one line and not the other.

After futile attempts to get someone who understands English and/or knows about the promotion and/or could tell me something other than quote me the same thing about two bill cycles when it's already my second cycle which they promised would be correct, I tried T-Mobile on Twitter.

They are supposed to follow-up with me in 7 business days after they "escalated" it.

tl;dr T-Force on twitter is more competent than any other channel.

fuseshock fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 21, 2017

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I'm starting a new job soon which will require occasional travel to Canada. I'm also on the $30 goon plan which has crap rates to Canada and when roaming, and no data roaming at all, so I guess it's finally time to upgrade after four glorious years of cheap cell service.

I think the most cost-effective plan to get decent Canadian access would be the Simply Prepaid $50/5GB plan, it looks like I can add Canadian phone and high-speed data coverage for $5/month. I can skip on the $15 texting package, I rarely use SMS anyway (how can they justify $15/month for messaging but only $5 for phone and data?). Does this sound right? Is there any kind of temporary international pass I could add on to a cheaper plan for the times I'm in Canada?

Quebec Bagnet fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 21, 2017

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
The new carrier update for iOS fixes some IPv4 issue that prevented visiting some websites and made Vonage not work.

I've been cursing Vonage for the last few months for making my 100 minute nerd plan difficult. Sorry Vonage.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Any on Tmo have ridiculously times waiting for voicemails? I will miss a call and then finally receive the voicemail hours later.

Pissingintowind
Jul 27, 2006
Better than shitting into a fan.

TraderStav posted:

Any on Tmo have ridiculously times waiting for voicemails? I will miss a call and then finally receive the voicemail hours later.

I have this issue.

I'm on Harbor Mobile (former T-Mobile business reseller) if that makes a difference.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I suspect it's an issue with transcribing. I also have the issue where I can see the voicemail but cannot access it or listen until it's done transcribing on the servers.

Very frustrating issue. All calls from my company HQ comes from the same meeting and I usually let them go to voicemail when in a meeting. Now I have to step out and answer 95% that I wish I didn't to make sure it's not my VP needing me.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
A year ago I could get 88mps doing a speed test. Nowadays I barely get 6.

Is anybody else throttled?

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Dr Tran posted:

A year ago I could get 88mps doing a speed test. Nowadays I barely get 6.

Is anybody else throttled?

I'm not having any throttling issues with T mobile

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm on the t-mobile e-plan. My sim card is like 3-4 years old. Is there a possibility that it's not "fully up to date" in such a way that it's not giving me full speeds? I'm paying 30/month for 100 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited data (at top speed for first 5gb) so it seems like it's still about the best deal there is, unless the sim is somehow outdated?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Does anyone know if Podcasts downloaded through Apple's podcast app count toward data or under the Music Freedom?

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

redreader posted:

I'm on the t-mobile e-plan. My sim card is like 3-4 years old. Is there a possibility that it's not "fully up to date" in such a way that it's not giving me full speeds? I'm paying 30/month for 100 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited data (at top speed for first 5gb) so it seems like it's still about the best deal there is, unless the sim is somehow outdated?

The only issue with some older SIMs is that they don't support LTE, but if you're getting LTE and your service is working fine you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

TraderStav posted:

Does anyone know if Podcasts downloaded through Apple's podcast app count toward data or under the Music Freedom?

They use all sorts of different servers. In my experience they use data.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

ddogflex posted:

They use all sorts of different servers. In my experience they use data.

Ahh, that makes sense. For some reason I was thinking that Apple actually stored all of the podcasts but it makes much more sense that it just maintains the feeds.

Appreciate the feedback.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Looks like with VZW announcing unlimited with throttled video, tmo is bumping 'One' video to HD to stay a step ahead. I thought it already had 10G of hotspot but maybe it didn't, but now it does.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den
Hopefully that's the end of T-mobile's HD streaming day pass thing which was pretty user-unfriendly.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Qwijib0 posted:

Looks like with VZW announcing unlimited with throttled video, tmo is bumping 'One' video to HD to stay a step ahead. I thought it already had 10G of hotspot but maybe it didn't, but now it does.

It had unlimited tethering, but throttled down to some useless speed. ONE Plus International bumps that up to unlimited tethering at full speed. The new thing is 10GB of full-speed tethering, and I'm guessing throttled speeds after that, but I don't know that they've actually said yet what happens after 10GB.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
I want to jump to One now but I've got 5 lines and only 2 of them are unlimited data and 3 of them have Jump, and then there's the 3 tablets. I might come out ahead slightly if I convert to One and take all the tablets off the plan, but it's hard to math out the differences.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Woo! Free T-Mobile Valentines Day socks on the T-Mobile Tuesday app today. Offer limited, must pick up in-store.

Also some bs 25% off Papa Johns discount.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Meydey posted:

Woo! Free T-Mobile Valentines Day socks on the T-Mobile Tuesday app today. Offer limited, must pick up in-store.

And a lottery-based free Papa Johns.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

Meydey posted:

I hate the pick up poo poo, just send it to my house like the shirt. And considering you can routinely get 40-50% off Papa John's the 25% is definitely bullshit.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I only stopped to get the socks because I walk by one near work. They made me click on the Redeem button on the app to make sure I did not hit all the T-Mo stores to get multiple free socks. Yeah like I'm gonna ebay them or something.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Are the socks atleast confortable?

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Sorry, I'm a 6'2 240 older white dude. White socks with hearts on them are not my style. Gave em to my daughter.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Qwijib0 posted:

Thank god. It looks like the One plan has finally caught up to the old, superior Simple Choice plans.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Has anybody heard about this 20% off thing? I don't know anybody who works for T-Mobile, so I don't have a code, but it sounds like it might be worth trying to find somebody who would be willing to share one, even if I had to make a new account for it.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Kreeblah posted:

Has anybody heard about this 20% off thing? I don't know anybody who works for T-Mobile, so I don't have a code, but it sounds like it might be worth trying to find somebody who would be willing to share one, even if I had to make a new account for it.

From what I've read, each employee got 5 codes to give.

20% off that new ONE plan would be killer for me. gently caress Sprint. I would literally be paying half the amount

Now to see if anyone is willing to part with a code.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That...seems like a great deal

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Kreeblah posted:

glassyalabolas posted:

20% off that new ONE plan would be killer for me. gently caress Sprint. I would literally be paying half the amount

Thanks for this. Just an FYI, some people on Twitter are using the hashtag #tmobilehookup and giving away their codes to the first five people who message them. I'm on the phone with T-Mobile now, trying to get some 99 cent SIM cards.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 19, 2017

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Silly Burrito posted:

Thanks for this. Just an FYI, some people on Twitter are using the hashtag #tmobilehookup and giving away their codes to the first five people who message them. I'm on the phone with T-Mobile now, trying to get some 99 cent SIM cards.

ah, drat. I have no twitter.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah that $500 fee that they implemented is a real killer for people.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

glassyalabolas posted:

Is this for new customers or existing customers?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Is this for new customers or existing customers?

From what I understand, it's new only. I had to take the code and sign up for the promotion, and I have 14 days to sign up for the service to get the 20% off. Took me about an hour and a half to get the SIMs because my phone kept cutting out (I think it knew...).

Switching from Project Fi to this because with the 20% off AND if we use the Kickback feature, it's going to be cheaper than FI for 60 bucks a month for the two lines. Even if we do go over 2GB per line, then it would still be cheaper. But, if it doesn't work, we can always switch back. Plus, getting $300 back will help pay for the Nexus phones that we're using.

chicagobutters
Sep 7, 2015

Silly Burrito posted:

Thanks for this. Just an FYI, some people on Twitter are using the hashtag #tmobilehookup and giving away their codes to the first five people who message them.

If anyone here can share a code I just ported over today :( An awesome Tech Support agent from the mid-west hooked me up, wooo!

chicagobutters fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 19, 2017

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Speaking of the new plan, I'm currently on the Simple Choice promo plan for 2/100 and the only real difference I see between that plan and the new plan is that taxes are included in the price and a 3rd line is $40 instead of $20. I would be saving money on the new plan.

But I'm just wondering since I already have a tablet line for $20, will that count as a 3rd line (and therefore would increase to $40)? And does a government discount still apply?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

The new plan also has the kickback feature, a $10 rebate per line if the line uses under 2GB of data - turn it on in your profile to use it. I switched this weekend from the 2/100 Simple Plan promo, will end up paying less overall. Plus, waiting for a Pixel, so hope to have that bill credit promo available to use to to reduce the cost of a new device.