Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Welcome to Final Fantasy 4 Mafia.

This will be a mafia game for 26 players.

No job systems, no levels, no hp, nothing extra.

This will be a deviation from the formula for my FF games to this point in that there's no extra systems or mechanics at all.

There are three alignments in this game.

Scum has been provided with fakeclaims and a sample role pm.

As in previous incarnations there will be story events.

Once your choice has been made in story events your vote cannot change.
Please bold them to have them count.

2 per game day.

1. Absurd RevolverLumpen
  2. Ahab Itualliar
  3. Asiina
  4. Bifauxnen
  5. CCKeane
  6. chaoslord
  7. Dick Bastardly
  8. Enola Gay-For-PayTMMadman
  9. GulagDolls
  10. IllegallySober
  11. Infinitum
  12. Jonathan Fisk
  13. Kashuno
  14. King Burgundy
  15. Little Mac
  16. Mithross
  17. Moatillata
  18. Murmur Twin
  19. Pander
  20. peramene
  21. Pussy QuippedAnomalous Amalgam
  22. Quidthulhu
  23. Rarity
  24. The Science of Suck
  25. this is a stickup
  26. Tobbs Gnawed

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
my scum doc is going to be so beautiful

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Dammit. I'm gonna be in THREE games at once!

(Wouldn't miss this for the world, I'm in.)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wow, I'm bummed I missed the earlier ones of these

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

In

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
No extra mechanics but still story encounters.

interesting.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

No extra mechanics but still story encounters.

interesting.

I don't consider story counters extra because they are integral to these games and also I have used story events in many games of mafia so they aren't abnormal.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Maybe I won't die N1 this time.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't consider story counters extra because they are integral to these games and also I have used story events in many games of mafia so they aren't abnormal.

Oh no I meant more like interested in seeing what happens with them this time

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

Oh no I meant more like interested in seeing what happens with them this time

Oh yeah it will be fun. I'm not spilling the beans until after the first event though.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello, I'm Cid.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, can I please be town this time?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Maybe I won't die N1 this time.

One thing that might help with this, is not asking to be killed. :)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, can I please be town this time?

If this is what rngesus wills then it will be so.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh it's normal I'll play and try to focus

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

One thing that might help with this, is not asking to be killed. :)

Did I do that?

Also I totally had you and then backed off because I'm dumb.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Did I do that?

Also I totally had you and then backed off because I'm dumb.

Yeah, I don't kill people for being suspicious of me. I kill lurkers or power roles that will cause problems. Only killed you because you asked, several times.

Yeah, I don't remember when the last game we were town together was so I'm not sure if you really had me pegged or if you just always think I'm scum lately. :)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
join

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I am hereby confirming my willingness to play in the thread

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gonna Black Mage vig kill everyone N1

http://i.imgur.com/cDB1PLV.mp4

Also I have signed up to like 4 games atm, so I will probably just be shitposting in all of them

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
must

ff

mafia

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I died in two games simultaneously right after I signed up for this.

The universe is telling me that I need to focus my efforts here.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I died in two games simultaneously right after I signed up for this.

The universe is telling me that I need to focus my efforts here.

:yeah:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Hi I'm a person here to play some mafia.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pander posted:

:vince:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

wait for it

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Pander posted:

poorly

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
As a just in case warning, I'm downstream of the current dam crisis in California. I wasn't required to evacuate, but I am just outside that area (in fact, my town took in a lot of evacuees). The crisis appears to have passed for now, but who knows when that might change. So if the news reports widescale flooding and I disappear midgame, those things are related.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

As a just in case warning, I'm downstream of the current dam crisis in California. I wasn't required to evacuate, but I am just outside that area (in fact, my town took in a lot of evacuees). The crisis appears to have passed for now, but who knows when that might change. So if the news reports widescale flooding and I disappear midgame, those things are related.

Also, this gives me an out. If I roll scum I've just got to cause an emergency condition and lurk...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mithross posted:

Also, this gives me an out. If I roll scum I've just got to cause an emergency condition and lurk...

That's how I do it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mithross posted:

Just lol if you don't post from your raft

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

OMFG yes in in in this is the best Final Fantasy

I'm gonna start setup speccing before the game even fuckin starts

I wonder what the 3rd alignment could be? I could see some weird character like Namingway being a 3P but I get the impression things are a bit more involved than just a oneoff 3P character.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this should also be required listening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Q7OXR6bhk

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

OMFG yes in in in this is the best Final Fantasy

I'm gonna start setup speccing before the game even fuckin starts

I wonder what the 3rd alignment could be? I could see some weird character like Namingway being a 3P but I get the impression things are a bit more involved than just a oneoff 3P character.

there are a few solid 3p choices: if four fiends/golbez is the scum team, then zeromus would be a solid 3p, or vis versa. Since those two weren't working together. Or Kain could be 3p/survivor.

4 has a bunch of PCs for town, but it could also go the other route and have town be monsters/fiends/golbez and scum be heroes. With 26 players I could see the game going that route.

I could even see a true three alignment game. PCs/golbez + fiends/zeromus and monsters.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithross posted:

there are a few solid 3p choices: if four fiends/golbez is the scum team, then zeromus would be a solid 3p, or vis versa. Since those two weren't working together. Or Kain could be 3p/survivor.

4 has a bunch of PCs for town, but it could also go the other route and have town be monsters/fiends/golbez and scum be heroes. With 26 players I could see the game going that route.

I could even see a true three alignment game. PCs/golbez + fiends/zeromus and monsters.

yeah, that could be it, it just seems weird to have Golbez on a fully separate team from Zeromus though. Unless Zeromus is some kind of cult leader or something.

I don't see this going the monster town route though when FF4 is so story heavy. Even minor characters like Yang's wife would be great inclusions.

(please give me Yang's wife if I cannot get Cecil, I wanna kill people with a spoon knife)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
As someone who provided input on this setup: You guys are in for a good time. Enjoy!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah, that could be it, it just seems weird to have Golbez on a fully separate team from Zeromus though. Unless Zeromus is some kind of cult leader or something.

I don't see this going the monster town route though when FF4 is so story heavy. Even minor characters like Yang's wife would be great inclusions.

(please give me Yang's wife if I cannot get Cecil, I wanna kill people with a spoon knife)

I guess I cut out the step where I meant to say Zeromus and Zemus could be different people also, if CPig felt like getting tricky.

You're right about monster town not being likely, but we're in crazy setup spec time and with this many players I could see it happening.

Yang's wife should be 3p SK.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I saw 10 new posts and was like YESSS filled up already.

But alas

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Confirming my presign you fabulous son of a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
claiming bill murray