Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BWV posted:

Bailey.
Mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I said this before semi-ironically, but it had all the elements of a Game of Thrones betrayal. You know in retrospect that of course that's loving going to happen, because the seeds were planted for months, but you still really want a "good ending" out of it despite the odds.

The camera work at the big reveal was bloody top notch too, which is something I don't say about live WWE shots very often.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Where can I get a Y2AJ shirt?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Followup on that Animal thing posted yesterday

Road Warrior Animal posted:

After reading what my post last night on the Grammys I see that I misspoken and I am embarrassed. What I wrote is not what I was trying to get across.

I should always do spellcheck on the manner in which I send my messages and I don’t for that, I am sorry , I was stupid. What I wrote by no means reflects how I actually feel, I am not a racist or a bigot or think things happen in certain parts of the country and they don’t happen anywhere else.

I am a realist I should’ve should’ve chosen my words more wisely for that I apologize. I feel horrible for hurting anyones feelings.

I have nothing against people of color, I have nothing against people of Muslim faith, I have nothing against people of Mexico, I have nothing against anybody. I was just making a statement about a song that I did not like that’s all.

I should’ve double checked my post. I should’ve checked my grammar and should have made certain aim what I was trying to say would come across that way. I made a simple mistake and regret it. I wrote it like a run on sentence.

I know it looks like I’m saying these people of certain backgrounds do certain things and I by no means feel that way, so if I offended anyone I apologize.

I should know better, you know we all at one time or another get thought in our heads that we want to put in print that when we think it sounds like what we want to say is coming out and after we read it we go omg, that’s what I did this morning.

It was a mistake I love and respect everyone I could care less if a persons origin or his or her beliefs as long as we all respect each other that’s all that matters.

Once again I apologize.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Jericho should come out to help KO win. Everyone will be thinking it's because he still loves him. But really, it's because he wants to win the belt against KO at mania. Jericho wins at Mania and gets a short title run as a reward for all the good he has done.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Golashes posted:

Where can I get a Y2AJ shirt?
They're on ebay for $14 shipped.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

hell of a typo

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Chris James 2 posted:

After reading that apology, I immediately heard a scratchy "WELL...!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What was the original post?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

What was the original post?

quote:

Once again Rappers ruin the Grammys with that stupid song with words like resist and no one can tell you what to do. Having people of color Muslim and Mexican come on stage, are you that stupid and can not see that where all the drugs are coming from the southern borders or all the Radical Islamic that promote death to America? Really well legends it’s your relative using those drugs ir getting killed by terrorists then you will get it. Insulting performance!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ah, yes, there's the typo right there! Totally makes it okay!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I honestly forgot Animal was still alive

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Even Lionel Hutz himself couldn't use punctuation in such a way to change the meaning of that statement

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Do people suddenly become super racist when they get over the age of 55? What the hell?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Raskolnikov38 posted:

AJ won the next night on Raw against Jericho didn't he

He won the #1 contender match against Owens, Jericho, and Cesaro who replaced Sami because he was dead

my memory is bad

Abroham Lincoln fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 14, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/831625022733156353 https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/831348662915719168

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If they kept delaying her re-debut because multiple failed rehearsals then :lol:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

you mean "i pose in swimwear on instagram" isn't a gimmick?????

e:

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

If they kept delaying her re-debut because multiple failed rehearsals then :lol:

odds on her intentionally torpedoing the rehearsals? I'm thinking 100%

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Not at all surprised she looked really annoyed by the whole drat thing. She looked good tho, good for Zack Ryder.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
Why don't they just let her be evil Emma with her clumsy yet well meaning sidekick Dana Brooke? And move them both to Smackdown.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Who the gently caress is producing this?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I thought they broke up

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Peter Bazooka posted:

Why don't they just let her be evil Emma with her clumsy yet well meaning sidekick Dana Brooke? And move them both to Smackdown.

Because we cant have good things.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Peter Bazooka posted:

It worked great. I'm still annoyed they hosed with it.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 14, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Endless Mike posted:

Ah, yes, there's the typo right there! Totally makes it okay!

He obviously meant rapers.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Sources tell us Emmalina was intended to be a throwback to characters like Sable and The Kat —" Yikes.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

So was it because the writer was fired, or because of lovely rehearsals? Save us Scoopsman Roverti, you're our only hope.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

"Sources tell us Emmalina was intended to be a throwback to characters like Sable and The Kat —" Yikes.

That seems difficult in a PG setting. (not that I'd want them to go back at all, really)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jetfire posted:

That seems difficult in a PG setting. (not that I'd want them to go back at all, really)

I think they were trying to do that with Eva Marie?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

My shorthand was a time traveller from 2006/7.

I know a few months ago there were all these plans. She was going to be a "Diva" and never want to wrestle. More worried about her Instagram. A mutual friend of ours suggested she needed to come out with the butterfly belt one week. That got some traction. I think she was going to interrupt serious matches. Claim Wrestling was boring and promote her Instagram on the TitanTron. Kinda trick internet fans they were giving up on the Women's Revolution and draw heat that way.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rovert posted:

I know a few months ago there were all these plans. She was going to be a "Diva" and never want to wrestle. More worried about her Instagram. A mutual friend of ours suggested she needed to come out with the butterfly belt one week. That got some traction. I think she was going to interrupt serious matches. Claim Wrestling was boring and promote her Instagram on the TitanTron. Kinda trick internet fans they were giving up on the Women's Revolution and draw heat that way.

wow

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
the only throwback to the kat i want to see is lawler quitting

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rovert posted:

So Emmalina is Aron Rex?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

DoctorGonzo posted:

I mean the entire premise of her promos were close ups of her tits and rear end. I do think there was a road that could have been a fun and clever parody of that attitude. But it'd take clear and consistent writing to not gently caress it up, and assuming Rovert's right about the genesis of the idea being long gone it's for the best to just move on.

rovert posted:

Never mind that would have been terrible.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Rovert, thank you for actually explaining what that that report was talking about, as the report itself did a piss poor job of explaining any of it. God bless you scoop man.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MotU posted:

the only throwback to the kat i want to see is lawler quitting

I would also be fine with tiny versions of all women's wrestlers. Imagine an even tinier Alexa following her around.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I liked the concept. But it would be all in the execution. The commentary/writers obviously are lacking. Emma is very spacey line delivery wise and in general. She really just sounded bored in her voiceovers. Like, someone told her to "talk sexily" and she has no idea what that means.

The gimmick is better suited for Summer Rae IMO. She can model, talk and act.

The "let Emma wrestle" people should realise she is/was coming off a serious back injury. The few matches she has wrestled on Live Events got "she was very rusty" or simply bad reviews. Giving Emma a limited Wrestling role might have been a very sensible idea we will see.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DoctorGonzo posted:

If Emma kept bombing rehearsals to prevent this she's my new favorite wrestler

• Locked thread