Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Oh I figured out how the honesty slider got into production when Chris Roberts oversees and approves everything: They used a word he's never seen before.

Sorry, it took my joke pipeline a little while to get developed. And somebody probably already said this so I'm just Archering it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

spacetoaster posted:

Happy Valentine's Day goons. I love you.

Happy v day lonely goons :smith:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

You should never get any choice is how you view the game. The game is the designer's preference and they are showing their art the way they want. You wouldn't demand that the "Mona Lisa" be put on a 5' x 3'6" frame because the original is too small to view properly. That would be ridiculous.

Arguing that you shouldn't be able to adjust FOV in game.

necroid
May 14, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Or maybe this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7ywfd1qe8

It's almost relevant again, just add a 1 before those $42 mill

wow this was so many millions ago

always a good watch

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TrustmeImLegit posted:

He makes a great point though, I mean at no point has there ever been a recorded sale of a Mona Lisa postcard no siree

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

He makes a great point though, I mean at no point has there ever been a recorded sale of a Mona Lisa postcard no siree

This confirms that I actually had the original and scribbled some poo poo all over it 15 years ago then posted it to Britain when I was visiting France :)

Think my dogge ate it.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

This is a Valentine's Day gift of openness.
its valentines day and I can't stop posting about spaceships

ama

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Well we all know that you're only allowed to view art in exactly the way the artist intended, at precisely the right angle and in the correct conditions and such

Pic related, it's me at the Louvre

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

TheAgent posted:

ama

whats the most romantic space ship?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

Ah, looks like you 'answered the call' :)

(SC though not Overwatch) :D

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Foo Diddley posted:

Well we all know that you're only allowed to view art in exactly the way the artist intended, at precisely the right angle and in the correct conditions and such

Me and a friend at the Tate Modern

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

Original release date was November 2014

CIG didn't even get started until Q2 of that year

Stop spreading fud. Development in the current game engine, lumberyard, only started in the past months and look at how far they have come already.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Gradis posted:

It's not the one with the friendzone drive, let me tell you that much.

Star Citizen wins again, goon.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

ama

what is your favorite space anime? (LOGH not allowed).

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Never mind that he has claimed to know things that would dissuade people while simultaneously refusing to divulge them so that people can make an informed choice as a result of his discoveries.

Never mind that he has claimed to know things that would dissuade people while simultaneously refusing to divulge them so that people can make an informed choice as a result of his discoveries.

Derek, this is clearly an appeal for longer blog posts. Also please credit redchris18 on the next one for having the guts to admit that time will likely prove you right.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Have you ever downloaded a patch in E:D? They are minuscule. What kind of crappy game doesn't have 30GB patches.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

trucutru posted:

In close order : Space Dandy, Knights of Sidonia, Planetes

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Gradis posted:

challenger

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

trucutru posted:

what is the best space anime?

Bebop.

Foo Diddley posted:

:tif:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

macross

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Roeben
Jul 23, 2013
Who is Lethality and why does anyone care? Why is there someone posting everything he tweets and reddits?

I'm not him obviously. That would be crazy.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Foo Diddley posted:

What they gently caress did they do between oct 2012 when the kickstarter was and then? That makes no sense.

Roeben
Jul 23, 2013

BitBasher posted:

What they gently caress did they do between oct 2012 when the kickstarter was and then? That makes no sense.

As I remember, from 2012-2014 the idea was that star citizen wouldn't even be a thing and SQ42 would be released by then in a much reduced form.

Then in late 2013 they decided to go with the current format, which means they started developing star citizen in 2014 Q1...

Something like that.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Roeben posted:

Who is Lethality and why does anyone care? Why is there someone posting everything he tweets and reddits?

I'm not him obviously. That would be crazy.

Because his usernames on SA forum are Lazrin and FactsAreUseless.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

trucutru posted:

Voltron.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

trucutru posted:

Zeta Gundam. Mainly because it literally has every single one of my favourite Mobile suits in it.

Just look at the beauty...

e:

Fun fact. The Hyakushiki is so loving iconic, Sony made a gold PS2 with it's markings.

Xaerael fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 15, 2017

Roeben
Jul 23, 2013

Terrible taste.

quote:

Space Battleship Yamato.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder why so many citizens can not identify humour and interpret statements literally.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Derek, this is clearly an appeal for longer blog posts. Also please credit redchris18 on the next one for having the guts to admit that time will likely prove you right.

:grin:

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Yes, Chris clearly refuses to release anything that's not done right. Hence the flawless PTU and how 2.6 released completely as promised with large sections hacked out to force an 11th hour holiday release.

quote:

This poor commando seems to be suffering from broke brain syndrome.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I am on mobile and catteless, much to my shame.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

That'll do pig, that'll do.

aleksendr posted:

Knights of Sidonia

:commissar:

Roeben posted:

Space Battleship Yamato.

Original or the new one? this is important

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 15, 2017

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Wow, how much does the new Saud Kruger Dolphin cost? The Starliner is $400, and since Elite is half a game I'm thinking perhaps $200...

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Guys, I need Brandon's epic meltdown Starwars crawl. Someone has to have that saved. Help a brother out.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Meridian posted:

Guys, I need Brandon's epic meltdown Starwars crawl. Someone has to have that saved. Help a brother out.

https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/?_escaped_fragment_=/KGfPoSS6qvf_19n6b-S#!/KGfPoSS6qvf_19n6b-S

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

trucutru posted:

All anime is bad, but that one where the spaceships punched each other to death was okay.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Thank you! You're the hero this thread needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roeben
Jul 23, 2013

trucutru posted:

Original or the new one? this is important

Consider me a deviant but I like them both on their own merits. One being a timeless classic and the other being a flashy modernized HD remake.

Beet Wagon posted:

All anime is bad, but that one where the spaceships punched each other to death was okay.
You mean Gunbuster and Diebuster? I liked that too.