Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

rovert posted:

The gimmick is better suited for Summer Rae IMO. She can model, talk and act.

Hopefully her 2017 is better than 2016. She's too versatile to be left behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Emma and Summer deserve so much better.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
"Ok Emma, stand around looking hot"

"No, that's terrible! You've failed again!"

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Is Summer still dealing with injuries? I miss her too. She's good at the stuff already mentioned AND a decent wrestler (if they actually let her do it) and also a proud eater of Ground Cake, which is something I will always respect.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/831637781944340481

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Its cool. The UFC fired him.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

god loving damnit

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now that he will not fight the WWE should be smart and make him actually work this time.

*WWE signs Ronda and she unifies the womens belts.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

MotU posted:

the only throwback to the kat i want to see is lawler quitting

Now if it was a throwback to Ernest "The Cat" Miller, it would be a whole different story.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jetfire posted:

A Redditor did a 2017 update to the My Desire video complete with that stupid Creed song and it's beautiful.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/wwe-desire-video-2017-my-sacrifice/2/

That side by side of Austin and Bray rising up :discourse:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bring back Miss BB.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
can i just say:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

DoctorGonzo posted:

Now that he will not fight the WWE should be smart and make him actually work this time.

*WWE signs Ronda and she unifies the womens belts.

or he'll be on his way out of WWE too and give even less of a poo poo!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIJYboyUg-U

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

Bring back Miss BB.

Uh, I have bad news...

Jerusalem posted:

That side by side of Austin and Bray rising up :discourse:

God yes.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HYPE!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why do they keep trying to make "the next Sable" anyway? They already tried that with Lana, right down to rehashing the Mero feud with Rusev, and it was a complete disaster for everyone involved.

Who even wants a Sable in 2017?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The weirdest part of watching old attitude stuff is how ridiculously over Sable was. I mean, she doesn't do anything, and WWE have probably hired 50 more attractive and far younger women since. But people are going loving nuts for her awful angles and horrendous interviews

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benne posted:

Why do they keep trying to make "the next Sable" anyway? They already tried that with Lana, right down to rehashing the Mero feud with Rusev, and it was a complete disaster for everyone involved.

Brock Lesnar?

Also Samurai i dont know what you mean.

https://twitter.com/kathydingman/status/805760023305617408/photo/1

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Benne posted:

:vince:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
They don't even focus on that aspect of the women anymore. They don't put out Divas magazines or video shoot DVDs or want people to appear in Playboy. So what's the point of the character? To deliver really bad lines and do the GRIND?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Abroham Lincoln posted:

or he'll be on his way out of WWE too and give even less of a poo poo!

God I hope. Go away, Brock.

Actually something hilarious just occurred to me. What if Brock and Goldberg are both leaving again after Mania and everyone knows it? :lol:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Benne posted:

But she's such a LADY. Whiiiiiite PANTIES! Hooha!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

Brock Lesnar?

Also Samurai i dont know what you mean.

https://twitter.com/kathydingman/status/805760023305617408/photo/1

I thought she died?

I'm being 100% serious. Oh, am I mixing her up with Mrs. Cleavage?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I thought she died?

I'm being 100% serious. Oh, am I mixing her up with Mrs. Cleavage?

Yes.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The weirdest part of watching old attitude stuff is how ridiculously over Sable was. I mean, she doesn't do anything, and WWE have probably hired 50 more attractive and far younger women since. But people are going loving nuts for her awful angles and horrendous interviews

I just wanna say, I was in 7th grade at the time, and I got in trouble for printing out a picture of Sable in the library computer! And I also didn't have internet at my home yet. Also I snuck into South Park the movie with my older bro! And it was a magical time when South Park versions of wrestlers was the hot thing, am I right or am I right

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Heavy Metal posted:

I just wanna say, I was in 7th grade at the time, and I got in trouble for printing out a picture of Sable in the library computer! And I also didn't have internet at my home yet. Also I snuck into South Park the movie with my older bro! And it was a magical time when South Park versions of wrestlers was the hot thing, am I right or am I right

Probate the naughty boy. Only good boys here

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
So Emma was basically supposed to be Eva Marie? They'd be taking a talented wrestler who clearly couldn't/wouldn't pull off the model stuff and have her do the exact same things that Eva could have done just by being herself?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Marquis de Pyro posted:

listen not everyone had the internet or were too full of christian shame to go buy a playboy or a hustler. not to mention giant fake boobs and bleached blonde hair were the height of feminine beauty to the average thirteen year old boy, and every dirty old man, in the 90's.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
sable was pretty 90s hot idk

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jetfire posted:

A Redditor did a 2017 update to the My Desire video complete with that stupid Creed song and it's beautiful.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/wwe-desire-video-2017-my-sacrifice/2/

On the side-by-side clip, you see Kurt Angle with the milk truck hose next to New Day after coming out of the giant cereal box. It's perfect.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kea4MDNWfQo

who had "buzzard logo," you win a prize!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

God I hope. Go away, Brock.

Actually something hilarious just occurred to me. What if Brock and Goldberg are both leaving again after Mania and everyone knows it? :lol:

Then all the different groups in the psp, the dean haters, the dean marks, the bliss clik, the shut up about bliss you weirdos, the workrate marks, the kane fans, the Rovert and the Roque, can all come together in one perfect moment of laughing at another magical wrestlemania moment hijacked by a crowd.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Skinty McEdger posted:

Then all the different groups in the psp, the dean haters, the dean marks, the bliss clik, the shut up about bliss you weirdos, the workrate marks, the kane fans, the Rovert and the Roque, can all come together in one perfect moment of laughing at another magical wrestlemania moment hijacked by a crowd.

We prefer Kanenites

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

She was hot, willing to show her body, had no real competition, she had a mean husband who treated her like poo poo, and she was able to kick his rear end. She would also do things like flip off Vince McMahon. She had some attitude.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

Because we cant have good things.

We've had five hours of good programming this week and it's Tuesday.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
code:
>:()

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm in like 3 of these groups. Also I'm a Bo-liever.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

listen not everyone had the internet or were too full of christian shame to go buy a playboy or a hustler. not to mention giant fake boobs and bleached blonde hair were the height of feminine beauty to the average thirteen year old boy, and every dirty old man, in the 90's.

Yeah but why her and not any of the following women? I feel like I was capable of jacking it on the internet when Sable got huge so I can't imagine it was just 'wow, this is the first time we've been able to see a boob'

it's a mystery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Which one of you was this in the confessions thread

quote:

My boyfriend and I have a perfect relationship except for one thing - he is imitating Ric Flair almost all the time in his free time.

He considers Ric to be some kind of gay icon to him - between the robes, the blonde hair, and the wrestling tights.... my boyfriend was really deeply closeted growing up and I think wrestling was one of his first outlets towards understanding himself. So he's loved Ric Flair since he was a kid. That's awesome and I'm glad he has a hero.

What I'm not happy about is randomly getting chopped across the chest (my boyfriend fakes these, but it's still annoying), being put in the Figure 4 leglock, and being "Woo"'d at. My boyfriend also took one of my favorite bathrobes, bedazzled it on the back and added a bunch of feathers to it. ADMITTEDLY THIS LOOKS PRETTY AWESOME - but it's a bathrobe that's no longer functional and he did this without asking my permission.

At one point I said gently caress it, I'll fight fire with fire, and dressed up like Ricky "The Dragon Steamboat" with the goal of annoying him so much that he'd see my side of things. Unfortunately he really enjoyed it, thought I was roleplaying to come on to him, and he now is constantly asking me to dress as Flair's various rivals from the past (Steamboat, Sting, Dusty Rhodes, etc).

We have discussed this many times. I'll usually get about a week of freedom. Then I'll come home from work and find him cutting promos on the cat or Flair strutting around the house.

• Locked thread