Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bird man just walked in and filled the fresh food pots with strawberries and wished the birds a happy Valentine's Day. I don't get a present because he spent his money on strawberries lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

learnincurve posted:

Bird man just walked in and filled the fresh food pots with strawberries and wished the birds a happy Valentine's Day. I don't get a present because he spent his money on strawberries lol.

I feel your pain. I got up this am to a card.

Cricket got a packet of edible flowers, a little tiny sunflower head, AND a bouquet of thai chilis. I hear him leaving for work, and says to me, "Love you! See you tonight!" Then hear him walk to Crickets cage saying "Who's my girl? You going to be my Valentine birdie?? " Then I hear a little voice cheeping out "Love ya baby....baby birdie love ya....baby baby baby....good birdie!"

I see where i stand in this house lol

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

The things Ohtori does for you, thread.

Happy V-day?

E:

Mizuti posted:

Parrots getting spoiled on Valentine's Day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trWwf2fFRBI

Wow, lucky bird, good owners, cute all around :3:

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 14, 2017

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Parrots getting spoiled on Valentine's Day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trWwf2fFRBI

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Guess who's 6 years old today!

Shark Sandwich fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 14, 2017

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Shark Sandwich posted:

w-w-with a look like that i'm scared of guessing wrong...

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Happy Bird-day!! May your day be filled with happy destruction and yummy treats :)

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Why hello there!

The baby says good morning!

I'm leaning back towards Hugo now but nothing feels exactly right so I just call him the baby to my other birds.

Shark Sandwich posted:

A happy birbday to Charlie! May his angry eyes see many more!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Shirec posted:

The baby says good morning!

my heart is melting

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Look at the babyyy :kimchi:

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

He's so tiny

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

aww wow he is such a good baby bird.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Cybirb bullying

:( :cry:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I saw some little green grass parakeets in the pet store today and thought for a moment, maybe I don't have enough birbs.
Please advise.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

So, https://chrono.gg/ (game a day site, like a daily humble bundle) has Hatoful Boyfriend - The Complete Colleciton for $4 today. This includes both of the collectors editions of the game, and works with PC/Mac.

I just bought it for Ms. Frozen Pizza Party and I'm not sure if she has both already... but if she does we'll have to gift it to one of y'all :)

Also, this:

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 14, 2017

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

DarkHorse posted:

Cybirb bullying

:( :cry:

How could anyone be mean to such a sunshine bird? :mad:

nielsm posted:

I saw some little green grass parakeets in the pet store today and thought for a moment, maybe I don't have enough birbs.
Please advise.

Parakeets are the dessert of birds. You may be full but you always have room for dessert

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

So, https://chrono.gg/ (game a day site, like a daily humble bundle) has Hatoful Boyfriend - The Complete Colleciton for $4 today. This includes both of the collectors editions of the game, and works with PC/Mac.

I just bought it for Ms. Frozen Pizza Party and I'm not sure if she has both already... but if she does we'll have to gift it to one of y'all :)

Also, this:

My favorite part about this is I can't stop seeing the 'tiel as staring angrily at the pun.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Question for y'all with two similarly sized conures, what are good interactions between the two? Like my two differently sized ones sometimes squabble a bit but I'm unsure what it will look like to introduce Sammy and the baby.

I haven't really started yet besides cages next to each other and some scary moments because the baby likes to fly at me

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Mango will turn into a murder birb if I were ever to try and introduce him to Bitey. Lucy will turn into a murder birb if I ever try to introduce her to Mango.

Grass Parakeets bring a whole new meaning to the word Mess. They poo poo absolutely everywhere, and like to eat on the ground so throw food out of the pots. Also they do the dust bath thing with whatever is on the cage floor, which then ends up on your floor. Two males will try and kill each other, in a pairing the male might try to kill the female, he might not, but then he might not for several years and then suddenly turn on her. They need a huge cage if you want them in the house which they will defend from you to the death. Unless you get lucky and find hand reared they don't especially like humans, they are not really into toys, and they don't make much noise either. To be brutally honest they are one of the breeds that really do belong in the wild. *waves hands* these are not the new birds you are looking for

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yoshi has now gotten to the point where he throws his skateboards of the top of his cage (always into the tiny nook between his cage and the room divider so that I have to reach for it) and crawls down the outside of his cage's open door, stares at the floor and yells "C'mere!" at it until I pick it up for him.

He is also quite glad to have discovered that "D'you want da phone?" is not just a part of his litany, because when he says it, I take my phone out of my pocket. He is performing birdsperiments about the level of effectiveness.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Amongst my friends and I, any natural green/yellow parakeet has become a "Chuck" thanks to Ms. Chuck the parakeet.

The blue ones are Titos.

I'm glad I could bring everyone up to date on this matter.

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008
So I had a pretty nice interaction with a Conure yesterday at my local pet supply store.

I made a beeline for the cutie ( a greek cheek) and one of the workers noticed me and asked if I wanted to hold them. Of course I said yes, and they spent like 3 seconds on my finger before hopping on my chest, walking up to the crook of my neck, snuggling in, and falling asleep. :3: I seriously considered staying on the floor (since I'd originally sat down to see them better) until the store closed, because omg.

After about 5-10 minutes, they woke back up and decided to roam a bit on my shoulder....until they went back to my finger and asked for a scratch by fluffing up and tilting their head at my other finger, so of course I gave them a good scratch. Then they decided it was time to explore the store and I put them back in their cage, which had them promptly throwing a fit at the bottom of the cage because How dare I do such a thing!!!

If they weren't 300 dollars and I didn't have a terrier (and also reasonably sure I wouldn't have enough time for a bird like that), I would have bought them in a heartbeat, holy poo poo.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
conures are a secret plot to render sales people redundant, as they are self-selling birds

we met some sun conures at a bird park, and one just sat there getting head scritches from everyday goast for like 5 or 10 minutes making the happy conure face the whole time, then it tried to hide in her bag.

when we left the bird park she was all "ok we can get a conure"

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

Captain Log posted:

Amongst my friends and I, any natural green/yellow parakeet has become a "Chuck" thanks to Ms. Chuck the parakeet.

The blue ones are Titos.

I'm glad I could bring everyone up to date on this matter.

Ha. For me blues are Pips, and yellows are Pops. RIP Pippins :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

GoldStandardConure posted:

conures are a secret plot to render sales people redundant, as they are self-selling birds

we met some sun conures at a bird park, and one just sat there getting head scritches from everyday goast for like 5 or 10 minutes making the happy conure face the whole time, then it tried to hide in her bag.

Clearly you already had one, and should've let it come home with you like it wanted :colbert:.

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

Current taco status: makes happy conure face once a month, attempts to bite my bag

greypearl
Jul 26, 2007
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

So we went on a mini-holiday, discovered a bird shelf in the hotel room shower, and I've been scratching Pearl for the past hour so she is good and quiet. Happy V-Day!

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I don't think that's a bird shelf.

Pearl: It bird shelf.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Is that a massive shower or a tiny grey?

greypearl
Jul 26, 2007
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I think it's mostly the perspective of the photo, but you definitely could fit four to five people in there. Pearl is not a large grey, but she's maintained about 450 grams of weight for most of her adult life, which is spot on average for them. In conclusion...

It's a shower, not a grower.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
God dammit :lol:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

greypearl posted:

I think it's mostly the perspective of the photo, but you definitely could fit four to five people in there. Pearl is not a large grey, but she's maintained about 450 grams of weight for most of her adult life, which is spot on average for them. In conclusion...

It's a shower, not a grower.

God drat. :stare:

:five:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm convinced by the "absent mindedness" problems I have developed due to my brain problems that if I owned a grey it would either purposefully or inadvertently kill me.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

GoldStandardConure posted:

Wait are you saying there's a bird park in Perth where I can go to snuggle sun conures????

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Organza Quiz posted:

Wait are you saying there's a bird park in Perth where I can go to snuggle sun conures????

south of perth, between Denmark and The Treetop Walk/Walpole

its a bird park & dinosaur museum

also the treetop walk is loving fantastic and if you haven't done it you really should

just spend a week in the southwest, its so nice down there

birds
Jun 28, 2008

So my parents have been watching my Tiel while I've been away for an extended period of time. When I pulled up to the drive way for the first time since Thanksgiving my dad said he immediately started shrieking cause he knew it was my car. :3:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

dawww :3: I remember coming home to my cockatiel back in middle school. She'd start shrieking as soon as she heard me come through the basement door.

also (shockingly) I love your name and avatar.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

dawww :3: I remember coming home to my cockatiel back in middle school. She'd start shrieking as soon as she heard me come through the basement door.

also (shockingly) I love your name and avatar.

My dad's tiel was like that too, to the point of knowing different people's footsteps. My sister and I got excited screams. Mom didn't get the time of day. Dad coming home... :allears:

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Fred knew the sound of my footsteps when i was a block away, my roommates told me he would start chirping excitedly and then a couple of minutes later i'd come through the door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Our old macaw would know when dad was coming home from work minutes in advance. Birds kinda have crazy hearing I guess?