Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I too

Laughed
Out
Loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Thanks Diq. I do my best.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm a little scared the bob is code for big brother, and Ecco has been indoctrinated.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Join Epsilon's mega man 2 game

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Poque posted:

I would genuinely like to pre-sign for FF5 if you are going in order, as it is the best one

You misspelled FF6.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

pls run ff4 and ff5 as fast as possible so we can get to the GOOD games

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

http://squallsdead.com

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GulagDolls posted:

pls run ff4 and ff5 as fast as possible so we can get to the GOOD games

I am going to vig you with a spoon

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Don't forget to check infs game

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
final fantasy is bad, like every media from japan

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
final fantasy is bad

unless it is tactics

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Final fantasy more

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I get the whole all things in due course but let's just skip to 7

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Moatillata posted:

I get the whole all things in due course but let's just skip to 7

:frogout:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Why would you skip to the worst one?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Let's just skip to 9 and then stop :colbert:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

10 was all right. Don't know about the ones after that, though.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Things are going well in good ways and it makes me nervous because I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

That said, suuuuper sorry to anybody with messages on discord from me that are just random nonsense. I swear they aren't some long-con hidden immunity idol bullshit and fair warning: don't Google anything my autocorrect spits out at you. I honestly would just put the phone clear out of reach, but, y'know, I have to know what's going on at 3am and 6am and let's be honest it's not like I go outside.

If it makes anyone feel better, please know that half of the reason there are so many random autocorrect entries is because I apparently keep dropping my phone on my face. I wake up half-remembering and have to put the pieces together like some kinda goddamn point and click adventure game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Mafia Games needing more signups to open :siren:

AUSPOLFORMERS: THE MOVIE: THE GAME - SECOND STRIKE 11/21 Players
Gashapon Mafia 10/15+
[Mafia] Final Fantasy 4 Mafia 18/26
Mega Man Mafia 2 (M32) - The Siege Of Chateau Light 18(?)/21

So fuckin sign up and play ya shits

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If I didn't mention you're game I don't like you enough

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

yes please join this game

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Mafia Games needing more signups to open :siren:

AUSPOLFORMERS: THE MOVIE: THE GAME - SECOND STRIKE 11/21 Players
Gashapon Mafia 10/15+
[Mafia] Final Fantasy 4 Mafia 18/26
Mega Man Mafia 2 (M32) - The Siege Of Chateau Light 18(?)/21

So fuckin sign up and play ya shits

That is too many 20+ player games. We've had more than 4 in signups before, but not so many big games, right? Just keep running minis and make big games a special treat.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Grandicap posted:

That is too many 20+ player games. We've had more than 4 in signups before, but not so many big games, right? Just keep running minis and make big games a special treat.

At least three of those were opened the same day (because I wound up signing up for all three!) so I think in this case it was unfortunate timing rather than people intentionally dropping multiple big games all at once.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Spent days answering a job application requiring 3000 words total in answers + cv + cover letter.

"Sorry we're rejecting you and don't have time to give feedback" :jerkbag:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Dugong posted:

Spent days answering a job application requiring 3000 words total in answers + cv + cover letter.

yikes that is crappy. Sorry.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dugong posted:

One time I had a similar thing happen and I went back and forth via email with a fake email I set up pretending to be my lawyer and made them tell me why i didn't get hired. It was hilarious.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

CapitalistPig posted:

One time I had a similar thing happen and I went back and forth via email with a fake email I set up pretending to be my lawyer and made them tell me why i didn't get hired. It was hilarious.

This is amazing!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. F! posted:

This is amazing!

What's amazing is what the threat of a lawsuit will make people do.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Companies with particularly labrythine applications processes tend to be poo poo shows, for what it's worth.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Yeah the silver lining is that their glassdoor reviews are some of the worst I've seen so I might have dodged a bullet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hi I need only 5 more for Gashapon Mafs it'll be fun I like to think I make decent setups https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809823

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

IllegallySober posted:

At least three of those were opened the same day (because I wound up signing up for all three!) so I

this is the correct thing to do!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Dugong posted:

Yeah the silver lining is that their glassdoor reviews are some of the worst I've seen so I might have dodged a bullet.

You very likely did.

That said, you probably won't get too much feedback from companies you are applying to, unless you're really young and charming. It's not usually in the company's interests.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The company I work for has a 1.5 on glassdoor but that's because a lot of other depts suck the IT dept is chill af.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
the companies that care most about glassdoor are generally the worst places to work

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

The company I work for has a 1.5 on glassdoor but that's because a lot of other depts suck the IT dept is chill af.

My company has a 3.8, I'd say that's pretty fair. A stringent, lengthy hiring process has ensured that us meatlings they hired would be compatible. All sources of drama, and "not being a team player" have been eliminated.

I'm a hold out. 5 years and I still haven't gone to one of their stupid holiday parties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Kashuno posted:

yikes that is crappy. Sorry.

If only we had some management system for large games....like, some kind of waiting line...I dunno, just spitballing.