Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Speaking of Steve, I can't believe he's had to sit next to someone eating fish in a movie theater twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

duz posted:

Are we sure about that? Maybe that's the real reason Goober died, he found out too much.
I mean, this is one of today's headlines "Entourage Movie Producer Steve Mnuchin Confirmed As Treasury Secretary". That makes him fifth in line for the presidency.

Get the whole Funky Bunch in a cabinet position somewhere. This will happen.

I can feel it, feel it.

Comin' out ma pores!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

DoombatINC posted:

Called in a request for Retroactive,
the Jim Belushi time travel thriller. Why? Because, it's the Jim Belushi time travel thriller.

That actually made it onto that big list Edgar Wright put together of his favourite movies. I actually kind of really like RETROACTIVE.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

painynumbs posted:

I love that loving Mark Wahlberg voice. RIPD Goober.

A great one-two creep punch is to listen to the Mrs. Doubtfire episode and then Blame It on Rio right after that since it's the very next episode. Two of the best ones right there. Steve's incensed that Robin Williams gawks at a b-b-b-babe and "almost falls off a bike and almost kills himself and kills his kid while dressed as a woman."

It's such an incredible double feature. If I had any animation or drawing talent at all I'd have done an animation of their Mrs. Doubtfire sequel idea with Mara Wilson cutting faces off already.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Evil Mastermind posted:

Speaking of Steve, I can't believe he's had to sit next to someone eating fish in a movie theater twice.

Whoever wrote that email a while back about Steve living in some darker bizarro New York was so on the money. I've spent a decent amount of time in the city and seen some pretty weird stuff, but he must have some kind of magnet for the crazies.

Yeah you better run fat boy...

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Did Pick's Bee Movie thread on this board kick off its craze? Because it's the first time I saw people talking about it.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Have they ever done any Jim Carrey movies before? They mention Liar Liar not holding up in Mrs. Doubtfire, but I don't think he's appeared on the show at all.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

User-Friendly posted:

Have they ever done any Jim Carrey movies before? They mention Liar Liar not holding up in Mrs. Doubtfire, but I don't think he's appeared on the show at all.

Batman Forever and The Dead Pool, not really a Jim Carrey movie but he's in it. They might've said that The Number 23 is a stay tuned, not sure.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
The bad movie night I go to just showed Prayer of the Rollerboys, a Corey Haim movie about a gang of young, rollerblading white supremacists. It would have been hilarious a year ago, now it just looks like Richard Spencer & Milo, But Wearing Capes & Rollerblading, so I didn't call it in.

Other WHM candidates from that movie night: Tanya's Island, where Prince's girlfriend Vanity fucks an ape, and The Linguini Incident, a bizarre little New York romcom with David Bowie & Rosanna Arquette.

The rest are the usual 50s b-movies that everyone used to mock. WHM tends to go for more 80s & 90s cheese that I haven't heard of.

I skipped the GODS OF EGYPT episode because I still want to watch the movie, people I know said it's fun, I know people who worked on it, and the director seemed really hurt by it's critical reception. Plus I heard it's really trippy and cool looking.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Count Chocula posted:

The bad movie night I go to just showed Prayer of the Rollerboys, a Corey Haim movie about a gang of young, rollerblading white supremacists. It would have been hilarious a year ago, now it just looks like Richard Spencer & Milo, But Wearing Capes & Rollerblading
That must have been an uncomfortably quiet 90 minutes.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I just imagine all alt-right guys sounding and acting like Nicholas Cage in Vampire's Kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsFB9lkvaTE

enigmahfc posted:

Get the whole Funky Bunch in a cabinet position somewhere. This will happen.

I can feel it, feel it.

Comin' out ma pores!

We need a Herculoid in office

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

That must have been an uncomfortably quiet 90 minutes.

Everyone laughed at the crazy fashions & rollerblades & stuff, and even at the over the top 'Day of the Rope' speech. I just looked for a clip, and apparently the phrase came from The Turner Diaries. But the crowd I was with thought it was just terrible 90s post-apocalyptic cheese...I'm probably reading too much into scenes of nationalistic speeches in front of American flags, or a plot about a Corey trying to keep his brother from joining a hate group that recruits kids, or a boss fight against a camp blonde muscleman.
It's a shame, 'cause it really is gloriously cheesy drama, and it's got lots of great vaporwave style shots of sunsets and stuff. I dunno, I'm probably just politicizing stuff.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

There's a special kind of stank that comes out when the WHM guys do really creepo movies like My Father the Hero. Hearing about these movies is discomforting but We Hate Movies is undeniably on their A-game.

Great to hear the return of foot fetishism jokes.

"She's dangling and she don't even know it!"

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

The guys who run my cult movie night love showing creepy movies - Human Animals, some 70s or 80s one about adult babies, etc. It's weird seeing them in a group of people. I guess you get bored watching bad horror movies.

Neil Hamburger was just in town again, and I was wondering why the guys keep imitating him (WH-ATS the deal with?). Just a random comedy in-joke?

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 15, 2017

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Count Chocula posted:

and the director seemed really hurt by it's critical reception

I have him added on facebook, he basically lost his mind when the movie bombed.

e: He honestly seems like kind of a dick and I ended up unfollowing his posts because he just kept posting total nonsense hot-takes on the US election

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I promise, if I ever win the lottery, I will produce Casablanca 2 The Return: Two Fat Spies.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Detective No. 27 posted:

I promise, if I ever win the lottery, I will produce Casablanca 2 The Return: Two Fat Spies.

I've got a Texas Lotto ticket right now, I promise the same.

:toxx:

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Count Chocula posted:

Neil Hamburger was just in town again, and I was wondering why the guys keep imitating him (WH-ATS the deal with?). Just a random comedy in-joke?

Try doing his "WH-yyyyyyy" out loud. It's infectious.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Detective No. 27 posted:

Who should play the Russian spy, though?

The stinger is definitely John Goodman dramatically revealing himself with a fat white cat

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Count Chocula posted:

The guys who run my cult movie night love showing creepy movies - Human Animals, some 70s or 80s one about adult babies, etc. It's weird seeing them in a group of people. I guess you get bored watching bad horror movies.

That's supposed to be a Seinfeld joke. That's why they used it in Bee Movie

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Who should play the Russian spy, though?

The stinger is definitely John Goodman dramatically revealing himself with a fat white cat

Depardieu is a Russian Citizen now, because taxes. So what we really need is a nice fat Frenchman.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
I know I'm a week late with this, but holy gently caress that Bee Movie episode.

quote:

"I mean you could probably roleplay [Gigantism] whatever."
"Oh poo poo, like stilts?"
*Everyone cracks up*

quote:

"B-But...what if there was a huge woman...that...could crush him like a bug!"

My work mates keep given me strange looks while I'm trying not to crack up listening.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 15, 2017

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I called in twice for Steven Segal once for Hard to Kill and for Contract to Kill. Same actor different vintages all is crap.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If you're calling in Seagal you gotta go with The Glimmer Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cUNU8GkMso

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

If they do Seagal they should get Outlaw Vern on as a guest, he literally wrote the book on him.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I have him added on facebook, he basically lost his mind when the movie bombed.

e: He honestly seems like kind of a dick and I ended up unfollowing his posts because he just kept posting total nonsense hot-takes on the US election

I unfollowed Alex Proyas for the same reason, but I didn't share the Gods of Egypt episode because we have 20 mutual friends & I didn't want to start a weird feud.

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 15, 2017

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Yeah you gotta go with some crazier Segal. Not his recent DTV poo poo that's just boring. They already did ON DEADLY GROUND as a live episode but it would be good to see them do it properly.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Gyges posted:

Depardieu is a Russian Citizen now, because taxes. So what we really need is a nice fat Frenchman.

He's doing method to prep for the upcoming cold war thriller The Fat Spy Who Came in for the Cold Cuts.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
They just announced they're doing the drawing tomorrow at 7:00 PM EST

Which is right when I get off work, so someone write down the picks in case you're like me and can't make it.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Which is right when I get off work, so someone write down the picks in case you're like me and can't make it.

Cool! I don't think I'll be able to watch live like I was last year

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Gonna be edging until they announce the winners.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

I haven't seen it but wasn't The Third Man about a Fat Spy?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nah, it'd be a while until Welles got fat.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

They're doing it on Facebook live so the video should be saved to their page.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Pops Mgee posted:

They're doing it on Facebook live so the video should be saved to their page.

I just thought "man, there's no way I'll make it without being spoiled first" and then realized how special it is that a goofy little podcast is so popular with the people in my life that that's a problem. Way to go, guys. :unsmith:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

GrandpaPants posted:

Gonna be edging until they announce the winners.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://www.facebook.com/WeHateMovies/
They're live now, put faces to voices.

Edit:

• Last Airbender
  • Highlander 3
  • Ultraviolet
  • Overboard

duz fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 17, 2017

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The Last Airbender
Highlander 3
Ultraviolet
Overboard

These are the requested movies picked. Didn't somebody here call in Overboard?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Oh man, that's a hell of a lineup!

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

I dunno, I hate it when bad movie podcast hosts think Last Airbender is an accurate representation of the awesome Avatar cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Nice lineup. Although the last airbender is kinda played out. I've never seen it, but I feel like I know everything that's wrong with it from a multitude of takedowns.