Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Clarste posted:

These quests don't have any follow-ups, no higher difficulty levels or anything, so basically it's just a little bonus for drawing a focus character.

So your reward for being lucky in getting a rare hero is even more stuff and the rest of us languish in Wrys hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Clarste posted:

These quests don't have any follow-ups, no higher difficulty levels or anything, so basically it's just a little bonus for drawing a focus character.

For now but who knows how far this gets pushed in the future if they're already doing this.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
jesus christ, you guys are paranoid.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I rolled two Julia

Help

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheKingofSprings posted:

I rolled two Julia

Help

give one to me

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Anyone else side-eyeing the gently caress out of that paralogue

I mean

Yikes

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tired Moritz posted:

jesus christ, you guys are paranoid.

im definitely not somebody who gets worked up about gacha games but the last thing you want to see after you miss the new cool units is that also you're missing out on a thing by also not getting the thing you wanted. no matter the circumstance thats just going to elicit more bad feelings, people who get the unit probably will barely give a poo poo that they can fulfill an extra quest

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
I rolled my 40 saved up orbs and only got a 5* Cain..... Brutal.

How many feathers would I get if I sent him home as I have loads of 4* characters who I much prefer but absolutely no chance of saving up 20 000 feathers.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

And they paired them up with "actually in love with her brother" Seliph and Julia

The latter of which is the product of surprise surprise it's exactly what you're thinking

Yiiiiikes

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Rolled the full five two times, got 5* Nowi and Hinoka. Can't be upset about that, chances of rolling the new characters are probably really low anyway, considering all the other 5* characters you can roll.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

I whaled slightly and rolled 60 orbs. no 5*s and like 3 4*'s.

Moral of the story is don't whale kids.

Also gently caress 5 3* pulls. That nonsense is horseshit

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Pulled a Jacob. Is consensus that thief characters are useless?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
ephraim's voice is not how i imagined it

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
kagero's real loving good, saizo's decent-ish, the rest are kind of meh, yeah

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
60 orbs netted me 10 bronze, 5 silvers, no featured, but one was henry so all is good in the world

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

also i really feel the ranking colors should go bronze < iron < steel < silver then some sort of fifth color, maybe purple for brave? rather than the current ones

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

And they paired them up with "actually in love with her brother" Seliph and Julia

The latter of which is the product of surprise surprise it's exactly what you're thinking

Yiiiiikes
you can't pair up seliph and julia outside of a glitch, she was only attracted to him when she didn't realize they were related, and the incest in fe4 made everyone really unhappy was forced by the main antagonist, and also gave birth to literal satan. hm, yeah, that game sure seems to think incest is sexy and good, better constantly bring it up on the internet so everyone knows how much i think it's gross.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I am well aware of that aspect of the game's plot, yes.

But FEH is the thing dancing around and making a joke out of it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the paralogue is basically HEY INCEST JOKES so I don't see what you're defending.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

the paralogue is basically HEY INCEST JOKES so I don't see what you're defending.

Anna's whole intro is "Uh, just so you know, things might get... skeeve. FYI."

Also, I didn't get any new draws, but the repeats let me up my Robin to five stars, so that worked out alright. Sucks he's got a minus attack plus HP nature, but life is cruel.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Got Ephraim by spending every hoarded orb I had on blue (except for a scary run of 5 or 6 fields without a blue available).

He'd better be good.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Pulled a Jacob. Is consensus that thief characters are useless?

Aside from Kagero, they're debuffers first and foremost. Saizo gets points for debuffing in AoE, access to Harsh Command (flips debuffs into buffs) and Poison Strike, but the rest can only debuff one at a time. Matthew at least also has Poison Strike.

Jakob's skills are geared towards survival and has the strongest debuff of the dagger users (-7 at 5☆, -5 if you can't afford that much), so it's not completely terrible, but with only 4 slots per map you'll probably want to field something else.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

sassassin posted:

Got Ephraim by spending every hoarded orb I had on blue (except for a scary run of 5 or 6 fields without a blue available).

He'd better be good.

I mean he makes everyone who fights him lose like 12 defense, unless he's made of paper I don't see how that won't end up good.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I scored an Eirika, or as I call her "teal Utena".

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
uh, is it just me or is erika basically the perfect unit to staple to a nino and never let go

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

akulanization posted:

I mean he makes everyone who fights him lose like 12 defense, unless he's made of paper I don't see how that won't end up good.

Actually come to think of it Threaten Def shouldn't stack with Seal Def since they're both out of combat (de)buffs. We know buffs like Rally Atk and Hone Atk don't stack, after all.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Reiterpallasch posted:

uh, is it just me or is erika basically the perfect unit to staple to a nino and never let go

I took it as a sign from heaven to use my 20k feathers on Nino, yes.

Kyte posted:

Actually come to think of it Threaten Def shouldn't stack with Seal Def since they're both out of combat (de)buffs. We know buffs like Rally Atk and Hone Atk don't stack, after all.

Yeah, I don't think they'd stack. Either 5 or 7, whichever is lower.

Edit: Incidentally, I've been leveling up Eirika with some stamina elixirs I had lying around, and while I don't know how the last 10 levels will treat her, at level 30 she's mostly fast but with low DEF and high RES. Pegasus Knight stats, basically. Her ATK is okay, but nothing amazing.

I don't think those are particularly good stats, but I guess most of the time she'll just be sitting in the back making people stronger.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Feb 15, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

akulanization posted:

He's not made of paper but he's slow as molasses on a glacier in January (22 speed recorded at level 40; assuming that's a -spd Ephraim that puts him at 25-26 speed, which is godawful).

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Investing in this dancer is hilarious and a great idea. Even if a mission goes fuckways I can just heal her, dance the healer and heal her again to make sure she never ever dies as long as a dude can't one shot her.

EDIT: Also all but one of my Seliph's levels so far have been empty. That one level was very disappointing. Seliph is the worst and I hate him.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Feb 15, 2017

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Well, 75 orbs worth of pulling on only blue (and two mandatory pulls on since I got two 5x reds) has given some useful info.

1.) If you pull a character that was a banner character you still get the animation.

2.) This applies even if they're 3 stars.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

I scored an Eirika, or as I call her "teal Utena".

Now I want her even more :allears:

Ephraim seems... bad? I mean like, why run a debuffer melee dude who only gets value out of not killing people? :confused:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So I pulled a few times, hoping for Ephraim (cause I needed a lance lord) and Eirika (cause I have a Nino)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Congratulations on Green Marth and Marth with Sideburns.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Eirika/Nino/Olivia seems like a hilarious kiting combo. Pivot, Draw Back, Pull Back, Knock Away, extra movement, and buffs for everyone.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Philip Rivers posted:

Now I want her even more :allears:

Ephraim seems... bad? I mean like, why run a debuffer melee dude who only gets value out of not killing people? :confused:

He's worryingly slow, too.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I want Charlotte and Severa in the game, as my dream team is Henry/Effie/Charlotte/Severa can be fun and cool :)

e: i call it SASS AND SWOLE

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Anyone have a Julia and try her out a bit? Her kit seems to suggest shes a tanky green mage. That plus dragonslaying seems to make her someone that completely wrecks all the good Blue units in Arena. I finished up my 7 wins tonight, because I think my Arena team with 2 dragons is going to be unusable real soon.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

PJOmega posted:

Well, 75 orbs worth of pulling on only blue (and two mandatory pulls on since I got two 5x reds) has given some useful info.

1.) If you pull a character that was a banner character you still get the animation.

2.) This applies even if they're 3 stars.

3.) Eirika (and presumably the other new Focus characters) do not have a special animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Well, I got a 3* RobinM out of this, that's something.
Also yet-another 4* Fir (how many do I need?), and hey, a Henry that might not be strength-screwed.