Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Kavak posted:

Fred Carter's still available as an artist, but beyond For-Black-Audiencesing old tracts I don't know if he could write his own.

G*d willing, he'll take commissions for a few spoof tracts before he passes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

... and Tommy played piano like a kid out in the rain

And then he lost his leg in Dallas he was dancing with a train.

Ha

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Halibut Barn posted:

Okay, most of my knowledge of American justice might be from Law & Order episodes, but I'm pretty sure that's not how Miranda works...

Maybe I'll have to ask one of my US relatives, the next time we have one of our family gatherings where we all get together and be smug about evolution.
I mean, there's definitely an appeal if he wasn't Mirandized, but they have eyewitnesses to his murders, so...

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

...and the pitch! posted:

And then he lost his leg in Dallas he was dancing with a train.

Ha

Satan: Got your leg! HAW HAW

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I just found out god doesn't like sodomy, better put a stop to that

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I just found out god doesn't like sodomy, better put a stop to that

Oh come on. Nowadays everybody does it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Tract #285 - What a Shame! (2016)

Cathy's proselytizing is bumming the family out. They hold an intervention, but Cathy refuses to quit preaching, especially after Grandma dies and goes to Hell.

This is the last tract to be published during Jack Chick's lifetime.

What a Shame! is still in print. You can read it here:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1162/1162_01.asp

I don't get how some people can't believe both that God created everything and that everything was created by the rules of the universe that He established when He did so. The Bible isn't very specific on how He did things, I don't see how studying science is in any way a slap in His face. It all goes back to "because God made the laws of the universe that way." Reality can be pretty cool, and studying how it works is also pretty cool? I don't get it.

I'm a lapsed Papist, though, so what do I know?

Halibut Barn posted:

Okay, most of my knowledge of American justice might be from Law & Order episodes, but I'm pretty sure that's not how Miranda works...

Maybe I'll have to ask one of my US relatives, the next time we have one of our family gatherings where we all get together and be smug about evolution.

After he's subdued, you recite the Miranda spell, and it sanctifies the arrest. That's how it works.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jesus gently caress.

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Tract #285 - What a Shame! (2016)

Cathy's proselytizing is bumming the family out. They hold an intervention, but Cathy refuses to quit preaching, especially after Grandma dies and goes to Hell.

This is the last tract to be published during Jack Chick's lifetime.

What a Shame! is still in print. You can read it here:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1162/1162_01.asp

his last track is pretty loving dark.

The Phlegmatist posted:

Yeah, terminal delirium is a crazy thing to watch and really hard on the family. I wouldn't be surprised if some people went out exactly like that.

Luckily all of Chick's hellbound deathbed sinners are surrounded by uncaring doctors and nurses and their family is nowhere to be seen, because gently caress that Mark guy he's my brother but he didn't believe in Jesus so I'm gonna hang out with suicidal grandma instead.

e: I mean is it just me or do these tracts seem a little darker than Chick's usual. Joe is railroaded straight into hell by a whole squad of demons following him around since he was born. Gold prospecting man is double-crossed by a guy he thought was his buddy and dies a horrible death (at least he got saved!), one of those kids has just enough time to learn how much of a hosed-up sinful person she is before she is dragged down into the depths of hell out of nowhere, suicidal grandma and Mark dying for no narrative reason except Chick wanted to show a man going to hell in a state of panic.

Like drat Chick were you going through some personal issues when you were doing these or what.

yeah his last few tracts seemed to be pretty dark. maybe he knew he was going and was actually hallucinating which is why there is such a focus on it with the last several tracts.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I'll also post a little bit about the comics, books, and newsletters when I get a chance. There is some truly crazy stuff that needs to be seen to be believed.

That would be awesome, I always wanted to read the comics when I was a poor kid going to a crazy church, but they only had a rack of the tracts :(

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

After he's subdued, you recite the Miranda spell, and it sanctifies the arrest. That's how it works.

Hail Satan/ACLU

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 5, 2017

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I got to comfort my grandma Kitty while she was dying and she had the terminal delirium thing going on coupled with being absolutely terrified right before the end, even though she wasn't lucid. She just kept screaming "no, no!" and flailing around and trying to get up. She'd occasionally say some cruel poo poo to my mom, my dad, me, my brother and our other relatives who were there. I guess she was full of anger and spite beneath the polite surface to the last breath.

Poor Kitty had a really lovely early life and I'm glad I could live with and help take good care of her in her last decade on this earth. She was not all terrible, but sometimes it was hard to see the good in her, especially as her health declined and she got more belligerent.

Terminal delirium is :smith:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pvt.Scott posted:

I got to comfort my grandma Kitty while she was dying and she had the terminal delirium thing going on coupled with being absolutely terrified right before the end, even though she wasn't lucid. She just kept screaming "no, no!" and flailing around and trying to get up. She'd occasionally say some cruel poo poo to my mom, my dad, me, my brother and our other relatives who were there. I guess she was full of anger and spite beneath the polite surface to the last breath.

Poor Kitty had a really lovely early life and I'm glad I could live with and help take good care of her in her last decade on this earth. She was not all terrible, but sometimes it was hard to see the good in her, especially as her health declined and she got more belligerent.

Terminal delirium is :smith:

i never heard of it before now. I mean i was on a vent once or twice and they pop you up on pain med that gently caress with your mind so i can imagine the awful poo poo she saw. now i just want to die quick and painlessly.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i never heard of it before now. I mean i was on a vent once or twice and they pop you up on pain med that gently caress with your mind so i can imagine the awful poo poo she saw. now i just want to die quick and painlessly.

Well, she was septic from a UTI so that might have been causing poo poo. I've watched my grandpa and my aunt die and they went peacefully and surrounded by loved ones.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

luv 2 date boys posted:

thanks for all the great posts, gutter phoenix.

You mentioned there's been a few tracts stockpiled for a slow release, but has there been any word on a "successor" to the empire?

Is there someone writing new tracts and an artist willing to draw them as we speak?

Jack's successor at Chick Publications is a guy named David Daniels. He's been responsible for the day-to-day operations of Chick Publications for years. Here he is in tract form:

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Tract #233 - No Liars in Heaven (2009)

In addition to his own books, Daniels co-wrote a couple with Jack. He will most likely take over the writing duties on future tracts. Fred Carter will probably continue to draw tracts and comics. I don't know if they are going to recruit new artists.

David Daniels will come up a lot more when I post about some of the Chick Publications books, as well as the bi-monthly newsletter Battle Cry.

I'll try to get to those soon, along with the comic books and other miscellaneous stuff. Before I do that, I'm want to post a bit more about the first four Chick tracts since I sort of glossed over them the first time around.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Tract #1 - Why No Revival? (1961)

I posted a bit about this early in the thread:

Nonetheless, it is the foundation for the hundreds of Chick tracts that followed, and deserves a closer look.

Above Left: medium-sized 1961 original, 1970 revision. Right: 1986 revision and later version with larger cover art.

1961 version:

1970 and 1986 revisions:

Compare it with this tract published fifty years later:

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Tract #243 - Still No Revival? (2011)

I was only planning on posting more about the first four tracts before moving on to other things, but if anyone wants more pictures or info about any of the other tracts, let me know.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Tract #2 - A Demon's Nightmare (1962)

Above Left: 1962 oversize version, 1965 Indian version (bootleg copy). Right: 1962 medium oversize version, 1972 and 2005 revisions.

I originally posted about A Demon's Nightmare here:

Chick's early tracts were printed in two different sizes, both larger than the standard format used now. The artwork was the same in both sizes, just slightly reformatted to fit the page. The page count in the early titles differed depending on the tract, so artwork was often altered, combined, or completely redrawn to fit the current 24-page standard size. I've compared a random panel from the large, medium, and small sizes below:

Here is the 1962 version:

There is a very rare version from 1965 printed for Christian missionaries in India. This is a photocopy:

1972 and 2005 versions:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Tract #3 - This Was Your Life! (1964)

Above: 1964 oversize and medium oversize versions, 1972 standard-size version.

Like the first two tracts, This Was Your Life! was originally printed in two sizes, both larger than the current standard size. It was first printed in the smaller version in 1969, and although the content was essentially the same, it was redrawn to fit the new size, and some of the panels were combined to reduce the page count to the standard 24-page length. As an example, here is the same panel shown in all three sizes:

This Was Your Life! received minor revisions in 1972 and 2002, mostly related to the font and text formatting. I've already posted the current version in comparison to some of the later revised and re-titled versions, so I won't add them here. The 1964 version is posted below:

I originally posted about This Was Your Life! here:

And here:

Here are my posts about the various revised and re-titled versions of This Was Your Life!:

1969 version published by Afro-American Gospel Publications:

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Tract #199 - It's Your Life (2006)

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Tract #242 - You Have a Date! (2011)

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Tract #248 - Your Big Moment (2011)

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Tract #265 - Your Best Life (2014)

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Tract #4 - Holy Joe (1964)

Above Left: 1964 medium oversize version, 1970 revision. Right: 1972 and 2002 revisions.

I originally posted about Holy Joe here:

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Chick tract #4 - Holy Joe (1964).

On the left: 1964 version (3.5" x 5"), 1970 version, 1972 version. On the right: 1972 version with larger cover art, 2002 revision, Hebrew version

Everyone makes fun of Holy Joe for being religious. Everybody dies in combat. Everyone goes to hell except for Holy Joe. Who's laughing now, Sarge!!??

This is another one that hasn't changed much over the years. The original version was re-drawn to fit into the standard 2.75" x 5" size, but the story is virtually the same.

The 1964 medium oversize version is really rare, so I'll post that below.

The later, standard-sized revisions are mostly the same except for some font and formatting changes. I've compared the 1970 and 2002 versions below:

OK, that's the last of the old tracts. I'll post some of Chicks books, the comics, and some other miscellaneous stuff when I get a chance.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #1 - "Operation Bucharest" (1974)

This is the first of the full color comics from Chick Publications. It's also their premiere issue of the ongoing series, The Crusaders, which tells tales of two Christian missionary badasses who spread the gospel while having adventures around the world. The Crusaders consist of ex-green beret Timothy Clark, and ex-drug pusher/ current karate black belt James Carter (who is drawn like a self-portrait of artist Fred Carter).

In "Operation Bucharest," the Tim and James go to Soviet-era Romania to fight commies and make sure Christians have access to the Bible. More than one red devil is converted to Christ.

There have been a few changes to this comic, mostly notes added after the fall of communism that mention it took place during the Soviet era.

All of the Crusaders comics are still in print. In fact, all but five of the comics from Chick Publications have remained in print since they were first published: one bizarre four-issue series called The Overcomers (which I touhed on briefly earlier in the thread), and a comic adaption of the story of Jonah, which was printed on super-glossy paper and became too expensive to keep in print. I'll get to those in due time.

You can read the Operation Bucharest here:

http://www.fmh-child.org/OperationBucharest.html

I've linked this odd fundamentalist website before, but it has all but the most recent Crusaders comic, among other interesting things. It's worth browsing through:

http://www.fmh-child.org/Chick_Christian_Comic_Books.html

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #2 - The Broken Cross (1974)

In this issue, the Crusaders save a girl named Jody from a bunch of hippie witches.

The sexual tension between Tim and Jim is palpable.

The first printing had a different cover, using the same shield design as the first issue:

You can read the whole thing here:

http://www.fmh-child.org/BrokenCross.html

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #3 - Scar Face (1974)

In the fictional East African country of Toganda, Kruma is viciously whipped by British colonists. He grows hating white people, and eventually becomes the president of his country with the help of a mysterious Chinese adviser named Lu Fang. Tim and Jim arrive in Toganda as missionaries, and eventually manage to convert President Kruma to Christ. Lu Fang escapes to plot his revenge.

You can read the whole thing here:

http://www.fmh-child.org/ScarFace.html

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #4 - Exorcists (1975)

In Calcutta, India, young Santosh is possessed by Satan. Local religious leaders can't do anything to help, but the Crusaders promptly exorcise the demon and bring Santosh to Christ.

You can read The Exorcists here:

http://www.fmh-child.org/TheExorcists.html

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #5 - Chaos (1976)

The plot is this issue has Tim and Jim going to Israel to protect an Armageddon expert from dark forces trying to kill him. A large portion of the comic shows Chick's vision of things to come, when the world breaks down into chaos fallowing the rapture.

Chick tract enthusiasts will be pleased to see the three-wheeled mobile peace guillotine from early versions of The Beast making an appearance:

You can read Chaos here:

http://www.fmh-child.org/Chaos.html

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #6 - Primal Man? (1976)

Hollywood shysters are making pro-evolution films to lure our children to the Devil. The crusaders explain that evolution is a hoax, the Earth is only 6,000 years old, and dinosaurs not only co-existed with man, but are still roaming around in Salinas, California. (I'll be passing through there on my way to Monterrey this weekend, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for proof).

You can read Primal Man? here:

http://www.fmh-child.org/PrimalMan.html

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #7 - The Ark (1976)

Noah's ark has been discovered in Turkey, but the commies have been suppressing the information because it goes against their godless beliefs. The crusaders appear on the scene and convert some communists, but it's decided that the truth about the ark will have to stay hidden until the political situation changes.

Throughout the series, Tim and Jim seem to be on a crusade against wearing shirts. Nothing gay about that.

There were dinosaurs on the ark, naturally.

You can read The Ark here:

http://www.fmh-child.org/TheArk.html

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #8 - The Gift (1977)

Marsha hates her life, so she jumps off of a bridge. Tim and Jim witness her suicide attempt while on a double-date, and they rush to Marsha's rescue. The crusaders and their women-friends tell Marsha about how Jesus died for her sins (the titular gift), and she gets saved.

You can read The Gift here:

http://www.fmh-child.org/TheGift.html

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #9 - Angel of Light (1978)

The crusaders save a woman named Darlene from a couple of masked serial killers. They seize the opportunity to tell Darlene and her boyfriend Jeff all about Lucifer. Jeff is not receptive, but they eventually convert him.

You can read Angel of Light here, although the scan isn't very good:

http://www.fmh-child.org/AngelOfLight.html

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

This is, by the way, a rare example of Jack Chick's conspiracy-addled mind stumbling onto something that actually happened. The WCC did have some serious KGB infiltration going on.

Basically pretty much everyone in a position in power in the Russian Orthodox Church during the Soviet years was a KGB spy, because if you *weren't* informing the KGB and playing nice with them then you just got disappeared.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

god bless u gutter phoenix

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #10 - Spellbound? (1978)

Tim and Jim save the life of rock star Bobby Dallas after he almost runs them off of the road. In gratitude, he invites them to a kickass rock n' roll party. They convert him to Christianity. Bobby's Satanic buddies (who also appeared in The Broken Cross) don't like that, so they murder him. Meanwhile, a pastor (based on Chick's occasional source on occult matters, John Todd) tells the crusaders all about rock n' roll's roots in druid ceremonies.

There's a lot of great stuff in this comic, so I'm going to post the whole thing.

The cover for Spellbound? changed over the years to keep up with the most popular format for listening to music. The original had 8-track tapes on the cover, followed by cassettes, and finally CDs.

The first two versions show a master tape, but the most recent version changes it to a CD.

Melinda holds a record in most versions, but it's changed to a CD in the most recent version.

You can read Spellbound? here:

http://www.fmh-child.org/Spellbound.html

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Tract #2 - A Demon's Nightmare (1962)

Above Left: 1962 oversize version, 1965 Indian version (bootleg copy). Right: 1962 medium oversize version, 1972 and 2005 revisions.

I found this one outside a Dollar General a couple of months ago, I was really pumped about it because I'd never seen a Chick tract in real life before. Anyway, that's my Jack Chick story thanks for reading :)

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #11 - Sabotage? (1979)

Gary Slator becomes an instant atheist and burns down a Bible college when his professor tells him that the King James Version of the Bible isn't the actual Word of God. After ten years in prison, he is picked up by Tim and Jim. They take him to see a man named Dr. Hillman, who explains to Gary that he's been duped by Vatican conspiracies and the Alexandrian cult. The true Word of God was kept safe by true believers in the Alps until it was time for King James to have the flawlessly copied original manuscripts translated into God's English. Modern scholarship is a Satanic plot. Gary is obviously easily convinced by anyone claiming expertise in a given subject, so he quickly converts back to Christianity and decides to cut of his long, filthy hippy hair.

You can read the entirety of Sabotage? here:

http://www.fmh-child.org/Sabotage.html

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Chick knows his audience.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #12 - Alberto (1979)

This is the first of seven comics detailing the story of ex-Jesuit priest Alberto Rivera, a major source for Chick's most inflammatory anti-Catholic material. In the first installment, Alberto meets the two Crusaders and tells him the story of his life up through leaving the priesthood. Vatican conspiracy theories, ahoy!

You can read Alberto here:

http://www.fmh-child.org/Alberto.html

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #13 - Double-Cross (1981)

In the second installment of the Alberto series, he tells the story of being hunted by the Vatican, and saving his sister Maria from a Satanic nunnery. Later, his Jesuit dentist attempts to murder him.

This comic taught me that Abraham Lincoln tried to warn us about the sinister influence of the Vatican. Also, Jerry Brown is a secret Jesuit.

You can read Double-Cross here:

http://www.fmh-child.org/DoubleCross.html

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #14 - The Godfathers (1982)

In this issue, Alberto tells the Crusaders that the Nazis and Communists are two branches of the Vatican, and were created by the Pope to kick the Jews out of Jerusalem.

You can read The Godfathers here:

http://www.fmh-child.org/Godfathers.html

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Gutter Phoenix posted:

The Crusaders #11 - Sabotage? (1979)

You can read the entirety of Sabotage? here:
http://www.fmh-child.org/Sabotage.html
Ooooooooh, Jesus can't stand it
Satan planned it
Chick will set it straight
This King James-gate
I can't stand reading NIV up in here
Without thees and thous it ain't so crystal clear
So while you sit back and wonder why
I've got this Christian tract by my side
Oh my God, it's a mirage
I'm tellin y'all it's a sabotage

Uh and so on

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #15 - The Force (1983)

In the fourth chapter of Alberto's story, he explains the occult foundation of the Catholic Church. Prepare to learn the truth about exorcism, Santa Claus, and Jesuit baby sacrifice.

You can read The Force here:

http://www.fmh-child.org/Force.html

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The Crusaders #16 - Four Horsemen (1985)

In the fifth installment of the Alberto series, he gives the Crusaders his own spin on The Book of Revelation, which is based on secret information he learned at the Vatican during his time as a Jesuit.

You can read Four Horsemen here:

http://www.fmh-child.org/FourHorsemen.html

The mobile guillotine strikes again:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

That guillotine golf cart thing is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The evil rock music one reminds me of an actual super lovely personal failing I had irl. In the olden days I was friends with this kid who was a huge dick, but honestly alright despite that. We were assholes back to him, but he was an important part of the dynamics of our group of high school morons.

One day it turned out he started going to one of these chick style churches because some hot chick invited him. It was a total gently caress job where they convinced him to ritually burn hundreds of bucks worth of really good music, I mean this dude had like a thousand or 500 cds back when that poo poo was NOT cheap. I mean, giant binders of the fuckers. And he had metal classics as well as a lot of really esoteric poo poo too. I had a fuckin cassette player for christssake, this was when dial up was a big deal, it was hard to find the weird good bands that never got popular.

Anyway, we were all like "what the gently caress dude, I would have bought some of those, you don't have to destroy them," etc. Whatever, weird but maybe not that big a deal. He started trying to integrate people from that church into our group and it was a poo poo show. I remember me and this other dude giving one of his church friends a ride home and he started off on this crazy tangent about women and dick size and all this whole nutso thing, and I'm like "holy poo poo dude" making sideways eye contact with my friend who's driving, and this guy is just going and going, really hosed up misogynistic poo poo, talking about whores, sluts, stretched out pussys, really offputting disturbing poo poo. We weren't even replying to him or interacting with the dude and just dumped him off at his destination and went back. Never saw him again.

We had a couple cool chicks in the group and they really hated the fucker and wanted nothing to do with him, and I was like yeah he's a goddamn creep. Like I was a typical goony loser and even I understood that he had really hosed ideas about women.

Our guy ended up drifting out of our group into Jesus land.

That whole scene was bad news and insane. Years later we found out they had pressured our guy into groveling on the ground literally crawling towards a crucifix begging for mercy and poo poo like that. He ended up sharing a house with a bunch of them and the righteous Christians basically conned him out of a ton of money they spent on drugs. Later on he got roped into investing in some kind of Christian dance school that ended up evaporating, along with his cash. Even later I guess came out as trans and they all shunned him. Dunno if he has any friends or family at all now, dunno how he ended up.

I talked about it with people I knew from those days and they're all mostly like "there's nothing we could have done," but I think I could have done something, said something. I legit think finding Jesus ruined his life way worse than it would have been otherwise. I'll feel terrible every time I think about it for the rest of my life, I think. All the signs were there, it was obvious that this was bad news and he was going the wrong way, but I never said anything when I knew better.

The take away is that if u see something, say something, and this story combined with other stuff I've experienced with this kinda religious person has convinced me that they absolutely cannot be trusted in any way and will completely gently caress you over for any reason.