Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Open your eyes Paul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phenix Rising posted:

This reminds me - there was some match in the past couple of years where someone was taking a beating and one of the commentators yelled something like, "Jesus Christ, stop it!"

Anyone remember what I'm talking about? Stood out to me at the time because it felt like a real human reaction but now I can't remember the actual match.

It was JBL in the first ever Suplex City match after like the tenth German. And I fully believe it was a genuine reaction because those were filthy.

He just goes, "Jesus Christ, stop it!"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Imagine being so unenthusiastic about something in wrestling you're not living up to the standards of Sable.

Also gently caress everyone in that picture. Hope all the adults get Mussolini'd and the kids get the help they need before they too become The Fash.
Nah only Trump and his family should get Mussolini'd; the McMahon's should be forced to watch their wrestlers unionize and treated as employees

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Foley posted:

I was about to go out there a couple weeks ago, and I heard Braun Strowman say, I want a title shot. Mr. McMahon's behind the curtain, at the board watching the monitor, and [Vince] goes, oh god, it's not a title shot. I was thinking to myself, then what is it? That's exactly what I would go to call it when I would go out there. You want a title shot? He's like, it's a title match. It's a match! So if you ever wonder what it's like to see a six-foot-eight, three hundred pound behemoth get chewed out, you should've been there.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I have been listening to a lot of Jim Cornette lately and two Vince anecdotes that come to mind are (1) he had someone over to fix the sound on his tv and tipped him a benjamin after being shown what the mute button is and (2) he hasnt bought his own groceries since 1983.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Next week: "No! It's not a title match it's a championship opportunity!"

"Title-free match" is the term that I'm most grateful didn't catch on.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mulaney Power Move posted:

(2) he hasnt bought his own groceries since 1983.

Who feeds the Cornette?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Vince McMahon is such a loving weirdo.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

DoctorGonzo posted:

Yeah, HHH sticks out like a sore thumb.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

Vince McMahon is such a loving weirdo.

i worked for a vince mcmahon once, in the space of 14 months years i got promoted from never having worked in my industry to managing 14 people, revenue was up, costs were down, by all measurable...measurements i was kicking rear end. the boss one morning asked how i was out on the sales floor and i said 'fine' instead of 'loving FANTASTIC YOU poo poo EATING rear end in a top hat' and i got called in to his office for a 45 minute dressing down about morale

i worked for another vince mcmahon once who hired me as a trainer because he was terrible with people. after a year and a half of glowing reviews from everyone i worked with he came to sit in on one of my trainings and then bitched me out for three hours when we got back to the office about how i was a too smart college kid who no one could tell anything because i didnt present stuff in the exact order he wanted it presented in

sometimes the boss just likes to be a dick because hes the boss

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I have been listening to a lot of Jim Cornette lately and two Vince anecdotes that come to mind are (1) he had someone over to fix the sound on his tv and tipped him a benjamin after being shown what the mute button is and (2) he hasnt bought his own groceries since 1983.

Considering that Vince spends half of his week on the road and the other half of the week shoving people into pools #2 is totally plausible.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Who feeds the Cornette?

vince is the one who doesn't buy his own groceries. corny dines exclusively on bob evans sausage gravy.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I'll be so glad when Vince dies so that we can get rid of this absolutely loving bizarre verbiage.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Efexeye posted:

i worked for a vince mcmahon once, in the space of 14 months years i got promoted from never having worked in my industry to managing 14 people, revenue was up, costs were down, by all measurable...measurements i was kicking rear end. the boss one morning asked how i was out on the sales floor and i said 'fine' instead of 'loving FANTASTIC YOU poo poo EATING rear end in a top hat' and i got called in to his office for a 45 minute dressing down about morale

i worked for another vince mcmahon once who hired me as a trainer because he was terrible with people. after a year and a half of glowing reviews from everyone i worked with he came to sit in on one of my trainings and then bitched me out for three hours when we got back to the office about how i was a too smart college kid who no one could tell anything because i didnt present stuff in the exact order he wanted it presented in

sometimes the boss just likes to be a dick because hes the boss

I once worked for this haggard woman whose leadership strategy was to tell everyone they did a terrible job because that's the only way people will keep working hard.

She got fired after the third hostile work environment claim.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's double plus ungood

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

sportsgenius86 posted:

I once worked for this haggard woman whose leadership strategy was to tell everyone they did a terrible job because that's the only way people will keep working hard.

She got fired after the third hostile work environment claim.

but enough about dixie carter...

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

vince is the one who doesn't buy his own groceries. corny dines exclusively on bob evans sausage gravy.

corny only does becuase he got banned from all the wendy's south of the Mason–Dixon line

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I was at Smackdown live... LIVE. That main event match was incredible. Just loving stellar. Becky's match with Mickie was also awesome. I'm sad I was on the opposite side of the arena from Dean blowing up.

Also, if Harper gets added to the Mania match my gloating is going to be endless. ENDLESS. I may have been dead wrong about the most logical thing to be making Harper champion and do have him fight Orton directly, but I was on the right track and all y'all were pooping in my mouth for even considering Harper seeing the Mania main event.

This time, Foochs shall hold MY dick!

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Go RV! posted:

I'll be so glad when Vince dies so that we can get rid of this absolutely loving bizarre verbiage.

I, for one, will be sad when he is transported to a nearby medical facility.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Untrue, he also eats his weight in hamburgers, and will loving cut you if you put ketchup on 'em after he asks you not to. I think his personal website used to have a section where he reviewed such things.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sanguinia posted:

I was at Smackdown live... LIVE. That main event match was incredible. Just loving stellar. Becky's match with Mickie was also awesome. I'm sad I was on the opposite side of the arena from Dean blowing up.

Also, if Harper gets added to the Mania match my gloating is going to be endless. ENDLESS. I may have been dead wrong about the most logical thing to be making Harper champion and do have him fight Orton directly, but I was on the right track and all y'all were pooping in my mouth for even considering Harper seeing the Mania main event.

didn't you think Owens was going to be the babyface after jeriKO split up

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sanguinia posted:

:stonk:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sanguinia posted:

There are still 6 episodes of Smackdown before Mania, if Harper wins the BR it'll be a one on one match on SD with a gently caress finish, sorry.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

didn't you think Owens was going to be the babyface after jeriKO split up

I thought he SHOULD, not that he would. Also when Goldberg destroys all his heat I will be right.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Why should he though, he was always the more violent evil one

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its insane that they are going to destroy Owens heat on loving Golberg.

Also i dont understand the backlash against Sable: She is loving hot and its not like they were booking women beyond tits and rear end tv.

Naomi on the other hand still botchs like crazy and almost killed Alexas ribs this past sunday. Also she injured herself.

What im saying is bring back Sable or Eva Marie and fire Naomi.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Why should he though, he was always the more violent evil one

What? Jericho was way more evil. He was the one always doing the cheating, usually with a crazed look of bloodlust on his face, and he went back for beat down and such more often than Owens, and he put Owens on the list way back at the start before the "I'm pretending to betray you" scheme. Plus he actually codobroke Owens even if it was for a good reason and Owens immediately forgave him. Jericho was by far more evil despite the face pops the list and his catchphrases were getting.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sanguinia posted:

What? Jericho was way more evil. He was the one always doing the cheating, usually with a crazed look of bloodlust on his face, and he went back for beat down and such more often than Owens, and he put Owens on the list way back at the start before the "I'm pretending to betray you" scheme. Plus he actually codobroke Owens even if it was for a good reason and Owens immediately forgave him. Jericho was by far more evil despite the face pops the list and his catchphrases were getting.

Oh yeah if we're talking quantity Jericho wins. I think Owens is more violent than Jericho and more condusive to the "heel loses belt, lashes out" angle, which I thought they were gonna do. As soon as Jericho got the list over he was destined to come out face IMO.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am glad those who extremely need to be right about their wrestling predictions, are always correct, on this board. Good job to you mates

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

You'd never guess which one would be world champ and which one would be an nxt champ whose name never comes up when talking about former nxt champions.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

There are still 6 episodes of Smackdown before Mania, if Harper wins the BR it'll be a one on one match on SD with a gently caress finish, sorry.

Daniel Bryan explicitly said that it was for mania

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cavauro posted:

i am glad those who extremely need to be right about their wrestling predictions, are always correct, on this board. Good job to you mates

This is the least antagonistic conversation about wrestling possible cool them pies

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Oh yeah if we're talking quantity Jericho wins. I think Owens is more violent than Jericho and more condusive to the "heel loses belt, lashes out" angle, which I thought they were gonna do. As soon as Jericho got the list over he was destined to come out face IMO.

Well honestly a bigger concern for why Owens should have been the face was the news of the Goldberg match, in which I was sure he would only be allowed offense and not being squashed if he was on the verge of a face turn. From the more important story perspective though, losing out on his promised Mania main event slot because Owens valiantly fought but lost would have been a perfect motive for Jericho to turn. and the post-Manian main event scene being Braun, Brock, Joe and we were hoping Heel Roman meant a fresh Face was badly needed against that lineup and Owens would have been perfect, especially since his friction with Seth and Sami would have made for good story opportunity.

Instead it seems we are doomed to still hated Face Roman who also retired the Undertaker and Owens playing 4th fiddle as a US champ who will doubtless continue to cheat and not win after a Jericho match with little heat because of Goldberg killing him before it happens.

Honestly, I hope I'm wrong, but I think that's the most likely future. At least he'll hopefully have some good content with Joe as Team Fat-thority

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Emmalina was downright awful on RAW, I swear one of her lines sounded like she was doing a Borat voice.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Its insane that they are going to destroy Owens heat on loving Golberg.

Also i dont understand the backlash against Sable: She is loving hot and its not like they were booking women beyond tits and rear end tv.

Naomi on the other hand still botchs like crazy and almost killed Alexas ribs this past sunday. Also she injured herself.

What im saying is bring back Sable or Eva Marie and fire Naomi.

lol this is some insane revisionist history just because someone brought up their knees in a spot. If poo poo like this meant you'd fire people then Jack Swagger, Seth Rollins, Samoa Joe, and more people would be out the door by now for doing far worse.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Incessant Excess posted:

Emmalina was downright awful on RAW, I swear one of her lines sounded like she was doing a Borat voice.

She doesn't want to play the character.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Don't you get paid less if you're not on TV? I find the 'Emma was playing 4D chess all along' theory kinda hard to believe.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Emma is great because she decided gently caress that character, bombed it on television, then proceeded to go get drunk at the club with Summer Rae, Sasha Banks, Karl Anderson, and his hot Asian wife.

edit: Oh poo poo apparently the iOS version of the Network now supports Chromecast!!!!!

keevo fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

She really stole the show..... lol

• Locked thread