Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

:same:

Speaking of that, I gotta remember to buy the Hyrule Warriors DLC before the wii u eshop goes dark.

My console gaming queue looks something like, in order:
Fire Emblem Fates Birthright
Zelda BotW
Finally play the rest of Hyrule Warriors after I burnt out just marathoning Legend Mode
Fast RMX, maybe?
Fire Emblem Fates Conquest
Fire Emblem Fates Revelation
SMT 4 A
Mario Odyssey

plus
Puyo Puyo Tetris, Monster Hunter, rando e-shop indie games, and Stardew Valley just kinda ambiently whenever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Wait there are white people in this thread??

Preorder cancelled

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I am loving pumped for anime game breath of the wild

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

littleorv posted:

I am loving pumped for anime game breath of the wild

:yeah:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Maybe it's because I generally ignore the video gaming community, but I had no idea there could even be this kind of controversy over DLC being announced.

Arguing about the timeline of when DLC is announced is about as dumb as arguing over the timeline of the Zelda series.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

Speaking of that, I gotta remember to buy the Hyrule Warriors DLC before the wii u eshop goes dark.

The Wii shop channel still works. I don't think you have to worry about the Wii U eshop being shut down any time soon.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, that is not flipping out.

It's not at all? He makes really valid points and doesn't boil down to monocle popping "This is absurd, how dare they charge for DLC!" Goons treat everything so black and white it's insane.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

You dorks have been arguing about DLC for like four pages. Go outside.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

ColdPie posted:

No, I have midterms to study for

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ColdPie posted:

It's snowing :(

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Nintendo fans complaining about extra Zelda content in 2017.

I don't think you people even know what you want anymore.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'd pay upwards of a thousand dollars for this game.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I'd pay upwards of a thousand dollars for this game.

You'd have your work cut out for you to convince me to go above nine ninety-seven, but I admit it's possible.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've opened a paypal account where white people can help offset their privilege by sending me money so I can buy The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC on Day One.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gameinformer posted an interview with Miyamoto and Aonuma about the role of story in Zelda

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

V important for Link to meet four girls

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Kirios posted:

I don't think you people even know what you want anymore.

They want what everyone wants anymore: something to complain about.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I want Breath of the Wild and I want it now!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Man I can't wait. As soon as I get off the plateau I'm heading south, over Lake Hylia's bridge looking every which way for secrets in the water. Then down to the southern coast because I have a feeling the windmill town might be somewhere there. But after one tantalising glimpse at the ocean I'm heading out west to the desert to do the Gerudo quest first. Might save the ocean/Zoras for last.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I'm actually doing to sit on both sides of the fence here. Mario Kart 8 was an example of DLC well done, with a fair price given the amount of content added if you compare it to the amount of content in the base game and its retail price.

On the other hand, Smash was horrible. While they were clear about what you got, the cost was nowhere close to proportional like with MK8. Like many people, I bought the Wii U version and the 3DS version, which in US dollars is a base retail price of $99.98 plus sales tax. Those who bought both got Mewtwo for both platforms for free. I once tallied all of this up and, to get all of the other DLC for both systems, it would cost $96.24 US. This is nearly as much as buying both games brand new and the amount of content is nowhere near what is in the games themselves.

So, in my estimation analysing two major Nintendo franchises, I would say one hit and one big miss. It might be better if DLC ever went on sale, but it doesn't.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

Man I can't wait. As soon as I get off the plateau I'm heading south, over Lake Hylia's bridge looking every which way for secrets in the water. Then down to the southern coast because I have a feeling the windmill town might be somewhere there. But after one tantalising glimpse at the ocean I'm heading out west to the desert to do the Gerudo quest first. Might save the ocean/Zoras for last.

I'm going straight to skull lake and never leaving

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Lemming posted:

I'm going straight to skull lake and never leaving

Heading straight for the bone zone, huh?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Augus posted:

I want Breath of the Wild and I want it now!

Have you tried calling JG Wentworth? 877-LINK-NOW?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MokBa posted:

Maybe it's because I generally ignore the video gaming community, but I had no idea there could even be this kind of controversy over DLC being announced.

Arguing about the timeline of when DLC is announced is about as dumb as arguing over the timeline of the Zelda series.

This one is definitely gonna unify the timeline and anyone who disagrees can prepare for the screed

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
If I had access to them I'd post big untagged spoilers itt just to get people to shut the gently caress up about dlc

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

If I had access to them I'd post big untagged spoilers itt just to get people to shut the gently caress up about dlc

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's not at all? He makes really valid points and doesn't boil down to monocle popping "This is absurd, how dare they charge for DLC!" Goons treat everything so black and white it's insane.

Saying that they have 'no mental model' and are actually angry about it? Yes, it is. There are no valid points there that do not apply to the idea of DLC in general and mysteriously this poo poo isn't popping up in every other thread about games with DLC. People getting angry that they handled in in an way they're treating as offensive when "announce the DLC pack a few weeks before release with fairly loose ideas of what is involved" is literally industry standard.

You want to complain about DLC then fine, but making Zelda the game you're taking a stand on seems really weird when it isn't even the first Zelda game to have a huge chunk of DLC. (Insert "Well, that's Zelda WARRIORS, it's different!!!") Acting offended over it and how it's so cruel they announced it before release and coming an inch away from saying that Nintendo betrayed you just is silly.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 16, 2017

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Video games are literally the cheapest they've ever been and yet here we are.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

People getting angry that they handled in in an way they're treating as offensive when "announce the DLC pack a few weeks before release with fairly loose ideas of what is involved" is literally industry standard.

I mean thb it is a little annoying that it's the industry standard.

The one will be fine, though. I'll buy the base game and consider the DLC later. Nintendo doesn't seem to do the "Game plus all DLC for pretty much the game's price at release a year later" thing, but I'm hoping they do start doing that in the near future.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Yeah I have money set aside so that if once there's more info I can buy it if i want it or if i don't then i don't buy it and instead spend it on candy and chuck tingle books.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Keiya posted:

Yeah I have money set aside so that if once there's more info I can buy it if i want it or if i don't then i don't buy it and instead spend it on candy and chuck tingle books.

Pounded In The Courage Butt by the Triforce Of Power is frankly the best Chuck Tingle book.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pounded in the Butt!! These are the magic words that Tingle made up. Please don't steal them.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I dislike lovely dlc practices in general, regardless of game :shrug:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I think I'm gonna get the DLC, mostly for the Switch t-shirt.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PerrineClostermann posted:

I dislike lovely dlc practices in general, regardless of game :shrug:

You literally have an avatar from a $60 game that makes you roll RNG to get cosmetic unlocks designed to sell micro-transactions.

(So do I!)

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

You literally have an avatar from a $60 game that makes you roll RNG to get cosmetic unlocks designed to sell micro-transactions.

(So do I!)

Playing Gachapon for cosmetics is not a lovely DLC practice.

And I haven't played Overwatch in ages, bastards need to support my monitor correctly :argh:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Keiya posted:

Is each book different or are they all just copy paste with whatever subject matter added in to whatever template he has?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Is each book different or are they all just copy paste with whatever subject matter added in to whatever template he has?

Each one is different but like 5 pages long.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
FFXV is actually getting in-game Cup Noodle helmets to wear. All we get is a Switch t-shirt y'know Breath of the Wild needs to step up its shill game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
At this point I'm totally baffled about what the complaints over Zelda DLC even ARE