Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

If only we had some management system for large games....like, some kind of waiting line...I dunno, just spitballing.

idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Quidthulhu posted:

If only we had some management system for large games....like, some kind of waiting line...I dunno, just spitballing.

get rekt commie

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Quidthulhu posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712673

It doesn't work.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks Obama!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Quidthulhu posted:

This is a good idea

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Quidthulhu posted:

oh my god nothing has changed in four years

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hi pander welcome back to the carnivale

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
big game queue you say??

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Instead of a queue we should have a smorgasboard

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Big game lottery.

Every second Sunday we dra one name out of the hat of big games that mods want to run. The lucky winner gets to open their game.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
all mods must fite in a wrestling match officiated by chaoslord, winner gets to open their game

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
crowdfund your games so you can pay people to lurk in them

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

crowdfund your games so you can pay people to lurk in them

I do that for New Avatar Mafia...a new one coming soon I think

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
it's almost like this community has some kind of predilection for arguing the same stupid poo poo over and over again.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm leaving mafia a 2-star rating on glassdoor

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Somberbrero posted:

it's almost like this community has some kind of predilection for arguing the same stupid poo poo over and over again.

I will not back down. Pineapple does not belong on a burger.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I will not back down. Pineapple does not belong on a burger.

Neither does beetroot.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Podima posted:

Neither does beetroot.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

this is a stickup posted:

all mods must fite in a wrestling match officiated by chaoslord, winner gets to open their game

Yes pls

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Time crumbles things; everything grows old and is forgotten under the power of time.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

this is a stickup posted:

Make it pay per view and use the money to fund the avatar change thread.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think instead we should have a big game stack, You have to announce your big game a week in advance, but only the most recently announced game can run, with a max of one big game starting each week.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
BRING BACK THE BIG GAME QUEUE

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

too fair, make it a big game roulette, with each big game entered into a draw to see who gets to run theirs, with a couple of extra options like "Extra spin" "No game" and "popcon"

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

too fair, make it a big game roulette, with each big game entered into a draw to see who gets to run theirs, with a couple of extra options like "Extra spin" "No game" and "popcon"

And you don't enter the roulette, everyone registered in votefinder is in the pool. Once your name is drawn you have 1 week to open your game. If you do not deliver, you are exiled from the mafia community.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Grandicap posted:

And you don't enter the roulette, everyone registered in votefinder is in the pool. Once your name is drawn you have 1 week to open your game. If you do not deliver, you are exiled from the mafia community.

First up is Your Personal Muse

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Maybe that will get chic to do persona mafia

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Grandicap posted:

Alright boys we've got it

Let's limit to those who have at least 10 games though, we may have a slightly higher success rate

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

This community does not react well to satirical posting, at least not when I make them :v:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

YPM has over 10 games, at least. But I re-ran the Big Game Lottery excluding players with less than 10 games played.

The first player required to make a big game is merk.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Technically Transformers launched six months ago, you should all come and play

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I would join, but I can't guarantee synchronicity with the event as they happen in aussie time.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3810023

Thats the one people should join

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

I would join, but I can't guarantee synchronicity with the event as they happen in aussie time.

Assuming it's like my games / other big auspol games deadline will probably be late evening US and 24hr+ days is that helps?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Quidthulhu posted:

This community does not react well to satirical posting, at least not when I make them :v:

i got it, but i also consider the the threads reaction to be the best possible outcome of that joke

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Don't join any mafia games
It is time to kill mafia

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm opening another minigame in a week. Heads up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why don't you sign up for some games, instead of adding onto the absolute dogpile of open games desperately needing players to start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
let the free market decide