Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Friend posted:

Touchscreens in the car are a pain in the rear end. Give me buttons and knobs. Source: just uninstalled my old touchscreen and installed a 1 DIN regular rear end bluetooth unit

Yeah touchscreens are probably the worst kind of interface for anything car. Buttons can communicate their function via shape/behavior/feedback but a touchscreen has to be looked at, correctly pressed because otherwise the lovely overlay will get confused etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Do any of you guys leave pics or reviews? Is there incentive to do so?

If you submit reviews, you are more likely to get reviews from sellers, which builds up your review score. This helps you during disputes, where, for example, an A3 gets their disputes handled more quickly or something.

I like to leave reviews, really short ones usually, for everything as long as it is OK, if feels like the least I can do considering how much money I have saved.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
AliExpress tip:

The real benefit of your wishlist is that it will inform you if an item goes to a lower price than it was when you listed it. Since AliExpress sellers often have things constantly "on sale" this is a way to differentiate actual lower prices from the sale price they have active every single second. So if you list an item when it is "on sale" at 10% off, the wishlist will alert you if it goes to 20% off, or if the price in any way puts the total charge for the purchase lower than it was when you listed it.

So these are often available "on sale" for $4 as opposed to base price $5:

But today they're $3.14.

Pick fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 15, 2017

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
I giv up on AE. My appal for my first orders finally wnt through aftr 7 days. I placed a coupl new orders, got chargd for them, and find out thy'v ben closed again, I COULD appeal AGAIN with my alrady scannd in ID and card info, but why bothr, and for supr bonus gently caress you points? I have to wait for the refunds to go through now bfore I buy from a more expnsive websit.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNND my ebay account has been deleted. Bcaus of course

That70sHeidi fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 15, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Sentient Data posted:

It's essentially a $30 android tablet without a battery and no need for case miniaturization. The screen's bound to be a standard size low quality one, and the processors/components are made in such bulk that they probably just cost pennies at this point

Who wants to bet that they are a standard tablet, in front of a big, empty box?

(Or, this being China, a big box filled with lead and old underwear)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

How do you even order from them? Here are some things I am unwilling to give to mysterious chinese willy wonka website:

my name
my address
my phone number
my credit card information
any information whatsoever

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Honestly, all I ever gave them was my address and my debit card # :shrug:.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Pick posted:

Honestly, all I ever gave them was my address and my debit card # :shrug:.

Me too, but a credit card number.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

How did the fraud department at your bank not go supernova?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

That70sHeidi posted:

I giv up on AE. My appal for my first orders finally wnt through aftr 7 days. I placed a coupl new orders, got chargd for them, and find out thy'v ben closed again, I COULD appeal AGAIN with my alrady scannd in ID and card info, but why bothr, and for supr bonus gently caress you points? I have to wait for the refunds to go through now bfore I buy from a more expnsive websit.

;
Aw man that sucks, thrs still dalxtrm though

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

That70sHeidi posted:

anybody check on That70sHeidi? This looks like a stroke from over here.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

fyodor posted:

All the transactions go through AliPay, Alibaba's escrow service. Alibaba is the largest retailer in the world.

As long as you aren't sending your SSN to sellers over shady emails the payment part is safe. The products you buy still might give you cancer.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fyodor posted:

* flashing red lights and beeping noises in the background *
"Thats a whole 12$, probably usb cables, I'm calling this in"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

unpacked robinhood posted:

* flashing red lights and beeping noises in the background *
"Thats a whole 12$, probably usb cables, I'm calling this in"

That $12 acquires a half pound of lead en route to China and 47 poorly manufactured cars kill 124 american puppies. Think about the REAL price of cheap consumer goods.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

fyodor posted:

Think about the REAL price of cheap consumer goods.

I'm buying metal rulers, the fuckers are easily 10€ in stores here, and less than a $ on AE.

Idealy I'd get a geiger counter but they're probably counterfeit too

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

do they really send you the money after you finally get to whatever arbitrary value they decide to honor like $20 or $100

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
I've never had an issue with fraud from aliexpress, my bank doesnt seem to think it is an issue either. Now watch this order explode :wooper:

I trimmed down my cart to $92 worth of items I will never need, but holy poo poo so many cute little office things gifts to just give out for sixty god drat cents!!!! And that illuminati space cat shirt too. But I still need to trim it down cos god drat impulse shopping

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I've ordered stuff from Aliexpress a couple of times and I've never had an issue. I'd still use a credit card though.

I'm tempted to order this though - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Tripod-Flexible-Octopus-Tripod-2-in-1-Gorillapod-8-for-Canon-Nikon-DSLR-Camera-GoPro/32779490158.html

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

keevo posted:

I've ordered stuff from Aliexpress a couple of times and I've never had an issue. I'd still use a credit card though.

I'm tempted to order this though - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-Tripod-Flexible-Octopus-Tripod-2-in-1-Gorillapod-8-for-Canon-Nikon-DSLR-Camera-GoPro/32779490158.html

I wouldn't use it for anything expensive but you probably werent going to

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Original_Z posted:

I wonder if you can buy enough machinery at AE so that you too can build your own factory to produce cheap crap to sell there.

yes, you can do this. $5000 gets you started:
Custom plastic products injection mould manufacturer
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Custom-plastic-products-injection-mould-manufacturer/32596484872.html

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
Can you ship to multipl addrsss, thos who gt this to work? Like, could I paypal somone th money and THEY place th order for me and hav it ship dirctly to me?

I priced out the nxt cheapest plac to gt my craft supplis and it was a $8 order on AE and a $30 on Wish. Like, no, that's stupid to pay that much!

Also, I need a new laptop keyboard. My E, 4, T, 5, Ctrl and shift keys are held on with scotch tap.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

unpacked robinhood posted:

I wouldn't use it for anything expensive but you probably werent going to

I was just going to use my phone (which already has a case). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That70sHeidi posted:

Can you ship to multipl addrsss, thos who gt this to work? Like, could I paypal somone th money and THEY place th order for me and hav it ship dirctly to me?

I priced out the nxt cheapest plac to gt my craft supplis and it was a $8 order on AE and a $30 on Wish. Like, no, that's stupid to pay that much!

Also, I need a new laptop keyboard. My E, 4, T, 5, Ctrl and shift keys are held on with scotch tap.

I know there are services like that for Taobao but if you find Aliexpress sketchy, you probably won't like Taobao.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

That70sHeidi posted:

I have a different payment address from my shipping address so yeah I think so. I've only had smooth transactions on my pill and eyeball patch purchases so far.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

fyodor posted:

mysterious chinese willy wonka website:

fyodor posted:

Alibaba is literally bigger than amazon in pretty much every way.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
My two 50-packs of stickers arrived in record time, less than a month. But I have to say I'm pretty disappointed, they're like 3/4 the size I expected them to be, and there's a lot of dumb designs that weren't even shown on the respective pages I ordered them from. I can only assume that there is no difference between any of the lots you pick, they all come from the same heaping pile of stolen skateboard deck artwork.

So out of the 100 stickers I ordered, I only really like 20 of them. But for $4 and free shipping I guess I can't really complain, plus I have like 80 stupid stickers I can stick wherever I go.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

My two 50-packs of stickers arrived in record time, less than a month. But I have to say I'm pretty disappointed, they're like 3/4 the size I expected them to be, and there's a lot of dumb designs that weren't even shown on the respective pages I ordered them from. I can only assume that there is no difference between any of the lots you pick, they all come from the same heaping pile of stolen skateboard deck artwork.

So out of the 100 stickers I ordered, I only really like 20 of them. But for $4 and free shipping I guess I can't really complain, plus I have like 80 stupid stickers I can stick wherever I go.

I've been putting all my gay Batman fanart stickers in bar bathrooms and it's pretty great.

iPhone cases that look like granite/marble:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Granite-Scrub-Marble-Phone-Case-Soft-TPU-Funda-Case-for-iphone-5-5s-SE/32657671937.html

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Are the condoms on ae pretty good?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Top quality!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Candlelight Virgil posted:

A good cheap alternative to a vasectomy

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
That sizzling noise you hear/feel on conract is just the patented AE-brand spermicide going to work!

The asbestos lining also provides top-notch fire protection for your junk

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

a7m2 posted:

Alibaba is literally bigger than amazon in pretty much every way.

ChickenHeart posted:

That sizzling noise you hear/feel on conract is just the patented AE-brand spermicide going to work!

The asbestos lining also provides top-notch fire protection for your junk

lol

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
They have some sweet fake feet on here too https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hig...76-9539e12bf92b

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I have an elbow fetish. Hopefully they have something for me.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Top quantity!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My parents are always losing their tweezers so you can never find the tweezers. So for $2.60 I bought ten god damned pairs of tweezers and I am going to give them all of them.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I'm always losing tweezers too. I ordered ten packs of mini tweezers that are copies of a set Sephora had at one point, and Walgreen's copied. Four different tip types per pack.

95 cents per pack, free ePacket. Now I can yank out all my eyebrow hairs without loving up my nail polish

I've only opened four packs, too. I've included two in beauty product orders that were big enough to warrent more than just a couple single-use samples, and if I have an order that doesn't really tell me what kind of samples / goodies the person would like, it's bath stuff & a single set of tweezers in a fancy paper bag

Got some nail file sets on the way for the same reason. Hopefully they're as good as most things I've gotten from AE.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I was laughing at the ridiculous cheap trinkets until I found that I can buy a Napoleonic era French flag for 7 bucks with free shipping for my family summer house.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170217112852&SearchText=napoleon+flag

And the "Random error size" is less than 5cm!

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 17, 2017

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Pick posted:

My parents are always losing their tweezers so you can never find the tweezers.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I'm always losing tweezers too.

:aaaaa: I FOUND two tweezers cleaning out my purse th other day and I swar I only own on pair and they are in the bathroom cabinet. Mystery solved.

The appearance of suture scissors and a metal measuring tape are still unsolvd.

But... SUCCESS!! I hav one shipmnt that is processing and on shipmnt that is on it's way to me, so maybe yay for AE? But I can't gt a 12c paymnt to go through and thre is litrally nothing in this guy''s shop I want othr than my 12c goop.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

lilljonas posted:

And the "Random error size" is less than 5cm!

Enjoy your 4cm flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

Enjoy your 4cm flag

Like that wouldn't be cool in of itself