Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Hattie Masters posted:

HOLY FUCKBALLS. THIS IS AMAZING.

YES IT IS! WOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

All praise to our nubian god, Enkidel.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hattie Masters posted:

Can you unleash this on Facebook with a "Share if you love Jesus" caption and see how far it goes?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Mercykiller posted:

Diog, does Ur have access to obsidian, and if so, do people know how to work it?
Ur might. Judah might have even maybe encountered some once. Maybe. Or maybe not.

If it exists, Enkidel has never heard of it or seen it.

Outrail posted:

Did we try crushing it up and mixing it with other metals?
You have tried a a number of different things. None of them produced anything useful with it, or indicated it had any useful properties or were of any use at all. If for some reason you want to focus on trying to make a weird green rock you saw a couple of times which has no apparent use, sure. Vote to focus on it specifically in a time skip. It may or may not even be glass, who knows if it DOES have any useful properties? Enkidel analyzed it, as he has many things in his attempts to make Bnaimokt metal and to forge iron and found the stuff to be totally useless. If you want to take a second pass JUST on that green rock for some reason you can, to the detriment of other things which will more predictably give you good results if you focus on them instead.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
To be honest, if it's not glass I'm even more interested in it considering the circumstances we've encountered it in.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Eat the rock to gain full understanding of its properties

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Nyaa posted:

We should absolutely do this though. Just a small enough chunk to swallow whole.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Diogines posted:

Ur might. Judah might have even maybe encountered some once. Maybe. Or maybe not.

If it exists, Enkidel has never heard of it or seen it.

You have tried a a number of different things. None of them produced anything useful with it, or indicated it had any useful properties or were of any use at all. If for some reason you want to focus on trying to make a weird green rock you saw a couple of times which has no apparent use, sure. Vote to focus on it specifically in a time skip. It may or may not even be glass, who knows if it DOES have any useful properties? Enkidel analyzed it, as he has many things in his attempts to make Bnaimokt metal and to forge iron and found the stuff to be totally useless. If you want to take a second pass JUST on that green rock for some reason you can, to the detriment of other things which will more predictably give you good results if you focus on them instead.

Did we manage to melt it? glass has a similar melting point to iron, so if it's glass we should have been able to melt it.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

:wow:

This is Enkidels expression while the squirrels are arguing, in my now upgraded headcanon

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

jazzyhattrick posted:

Did we manage to melt it? glass has a similar melting point to iron, so if it's glass we should have been able to melt it.
After spending a bit of time with it, Enkidel, applying his knowledge of ores, smelting, metalwork, construction, agriculture, city administration, Old Tales, bar games and many other topics, found it to be of no use.

More specific details as to how it reacted should not be provided as they will only be an enticement to try specific things. Or take advantage of knowledge Enkidel lacks about what you suspect to be glass, to confirm it is or is not glass.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Nyaa posted:

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok, Voting to hand over all our green rock to Lefkandi, along with everything we know about it. If it can be useful to us somehow then Lefkandi is the guy to work out how.

Question:
How widely has charcoal been adopted in Zepath and Kavodel?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I think I'd like to write-in a vote to make some glass. What do you guys think? Seems like it could be useful.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I'm guessing Lefkandi isn't privy to the fancy charcoal forge? I'm assuming Samson didn't choose him as one of the seven.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Sure could go for a nice, big, tall, mug of Enkidel figuring out glass can be useful right about now.

Maybe...have we tried thinking really hard about glass, and how useful it is?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hellsau posted:

I'm guessing Lefkandi isn't privy to the fancy charcoal forge? I'm assuming Samson didn't choose him as one of the seven.

I thought it was just Iron we had to keep secret. Didn't we tell Lefkandi about charcoal so he could use it in his kilns?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Don't think we can just vote to invent it. We'd have to dedicate time to playing with the green rock. Which we could do if we stopped going off wild on adventures and nuking cities.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Is putting time into discovering glass going to be a better investment than getting blooded iron?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

I honestly didn't even consider the fact it was probably glass until goons pointed it out. I assumed it was magical debris.

...I didn't do well in science in school.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

TheCog posted:

Is putting time into discovering glass going to be a better investment than getting blooded iron?

Probably not a better investment than spending time training with our bow.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Just going to throw this out there - what if the King has turned from El and is worshipping Nusku? Maybe that's why he was so pissed at us when we invaded in that daydream where we wrongvoted to come clean with the King? Maybe the "cultists" were just meeting in the swamp because they're weirdos, and much or all of Acco has been taken over by these demon worshippers?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Hellsau posted:

Just going to throw this out there - what if the King has turned from El and is worshipping Nusku? Maybe that's why he was so pissed at us when we invaded in that daydream where we wrongvoted to come clean with the King? Maybe the "cultists" were just meeting in the swamp because they're weirdos, and much or all of Acco has been taken over by these demon worshippers?

OH god please don't make me think about this.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Hattie Masters posted:

I love how the scrolls on the left spell out "666".

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

OH god please don't make me think about this.

Tanaach was an inside job!! :tinfoil: :beck: :tinfoil:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Enkidel eat the rock

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

There's a perfectly reasonable and above board reason why he was pissed at us? Why are you reaching for a conspiracy theory.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Patrick Spens posted:

There's a perfectly reasonable and above board reason why he was pissed at us? Why are you reaching for a conspiracy theory.

Its an immutable law of the universe that the more time between updates, the more likely conspiracy theories and plans to hold our breath are to come to fruition. Just roll with it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

FoxTerrier posted:

Its an immutable law of the universe that the more time between updates, the more likely conspiracy theories and plans to hold our breath are to come to fruition. Just roll with it.

Tudiya changed on the Jubilee. He came back and flaunted tradition by imposing taxes (!!!) and instituting new policies that pissed off the old-guard in Zepath. Even Zebanetha disagrees with some of Tudiya's decisions. You might say he's preparing us for the next Jubilee, and that's true, but he's not preparing us to defend Zepath. He's going to bring the people of Kavodel and Rimath into Zepath so that we're all together for Asherah to come and devour us.

Tudiya's been taken over by Asherah and the Melachim do nothing. Nusku is our only hope!

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
Nusku fire can't melt blooded bronze clubs!!!!!!

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

FoxTerrier posted:

Yeah but the wrong voters are getting frisky enough that we almost ate a dang bomb, so I'm more nervous about wild flights of fancy than usual.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Patrick Spens posted:

Yeah but the wrong voters are getting frisky enough that we almost ate a dang bomb, so I'm more nervous about wild flights of fancy than usual.

Eating the necklace was losing more than 2:1.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 16, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Patrick Spens posted:

It turns out that Ur is safe. There's no danger at all - El is indeed all powerful (within Ur) and the Melachim don't abandon their chosen. Any given Mighty Man could have wiped out the entire town of Gebeb, including Gebek, without breaking a sweat. However, everyone is just playing along for our benefit. Tudiya rescued us from an Asheran farm when we were young, and we idolized him and wanted to be a strong hero like him. Unfortunately, we aren't blessed by El, so we would never even come close to his power. Instead, Tudiya managed to talk everyone around into pretending to be weaker than they are, so that we could feel like we're the hero we always wanted to be. Scorponox was just a paper mache costume that a couple dudes controlled from inside. That's why when we sacrificed its corpse, it went up so quickly - it was made of paper, and they doused it in fire accelerants so that we wouldn't notice it was just a shell, but they used too much and it just exploded from the vapors inside.

We're also not as long-lived as a man of Ur - Naomi has been applying makeup to us to make us look younger than we are. We're about to just drop dead of old age and we'll never know how much work everyone put in to make us happy.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Eat the rock Enkidel.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

JosephWongKS posted:

Eat the rock Enkidel.

I always read this like when White tells Billy Quizboy to eat the pennies.

"So you'll poop pennies so what?"

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Nyaa posted:

and hand a small piece of the rock over to Lefkandi with orders to figure out what it uses are.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Azuth0667 posted:

and hand a small piece of the rock over to Lefkandi with orders to figure out what it uses are.

Agreed. This should be SOP for everything weird we find.

Whether the green rock is glass or not doesn't really matter, if it only occurs at sites of major disasters I'm pretty sure we should study it regardless.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Azuth0667 posted:

Make sure it is the one we pooped out.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Azuth0667 posted:

Lefkandi has been dead for a long time.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Grognan posted:

What? No he isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Grognan posted:

You're thinking of some of your key brain cells.