Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Obvious answer I'm sure, but Smackdown was good? I was out late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
wwe wrestling math:

beating each other up everywhere = falls count everywhere/no dq

constant run-ins = cage match where the end is someone runs into the cage

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Troxartas posted:

Obvious answer I'm sure, but Smackdown was good? I was out late

By Smackdown standards it was pretty mediocre. The main event was worth watching. Raw was better this week.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeepDickPizza posted:

By Smackdown standards it was pretty mediocre. The main event was worth watching. Raw was better this week.

LMFAO no it was not. The FoF was the best story-advancing thing this week and an AMAZING segment but the SD main was the best match, and nothing dragged SD down, while there was plenty of poo poo on Raw.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Both shows were good enough not to engage in any "which one sucked?"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blaise330 posted:

I dunno man. Raw had one good hour. It was carried by one amazing segment. Raw's main was quite good but nothing that would've brought up the show by itself IMO. I will admit I was sour on Raw's main because I feel like the women's division is a Mobius strip though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I reeeeeally hope not. I don't want the post-Mania SD to open with Cena as champ UNLESS Ambrose is his first feud because I still want them in a program badly. Unless Cena loses in the Triple Threat I guess?

Cena's not going over at Mania because right now it looks like he's gone pretty quick after.

Blaise330 posted:

I'm willing to give Raw credit for how amazing the FoF and Bayley/Charlotte were but that first hour was a whole lotta garbage.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

SamuraiFoochs posted:

LMFAO no it was not. The FoF was the best story-advancing thing this week and an AMAZING segment but the SD main was the best match, and nothing dragged SD down, while there was plenty of poo poo on Raw.

As good as everything on Smackdown was, FoF is a transcendent piece of work that has so many little pieces and parts that solidify their characters pasts, presents, and futures while putting it in the most grotesque version of a big engagement dinner that ends in a nasty break-up scene I've ever seen. Kevin went from remorseful and doubting what he has to do, to suddenly remembering why he loves being a vicious piece of poo poo the second Jericho reveals the "KO". It's an insanely layered and explosive moment that also had a loving Gillberg return that made absolute sense in the context of the story. It will make us hate Kevin Owens as he implodes trying to become a monster heel only to get murdered quickly by Goldberg, instead of a sudden turn after the match at Fastlane. It's an excersize in character and the inevitability of everyone's flaws, from trusting too much to being an absolute psychopath who won't let anyone close because they'll turn on you or just let you down at any moment.

Though, AJ Styles did fly in from off screen like twice and Luke Harper coming out of the darkness was rad.

Yeah, Smackdown was better.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Raw had literally one of the best non-wrestling segments of all time and a very good main event. Smackdown had a very good main event and that's it. I know everyone likes to play up that Smackdown is the A show because it generally is, but it is okay to give Raw credit when it is the better show. It was the better show this week.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeepDickPizza posted:

Raw had literally one of the best non-wrestling segments of all time and a very good main event. Smackdown had a very good main event and that's it. I know everyone likes to play up that Smackdown is the A show because it generally is, but it is okay to give Raw credit when it is the better show. It was the better show this week.

My point is you are correct about the good parts vs. the good parts but there were many more actively lovely parts with Raw, hence dragging the show down.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, Smackdown is the A show because when it's good it is just as good if not better than the best that Raw has to offer, but it's also a lot better with its bottom of the barrel.

Consider the following: The Ascension are the bottom of the loving barrel, but I would rather watch them every single week than hear Stephanie McMahon or HHH do a single segment only once. The bottom of Raw's barrel is somehow so much deeper than Smackdown's, it defies all explanation.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I kinda hope Owens/Goldberg has a gently caress finish, and then with Randy's refusal to fight Wyatt he challenges Owens instead.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DoctorGonzo posted:

i missed alexa on talking smack?

god loving dammit!

Cancel that crap show 205 live and air talking smack after the A+ SHOW!

She had important breaking news about the Superbowl!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There was no Enzo segment on Smackdown so it was better by default.

Poor Enzo, whatever happened to you?

<---- Cuppa hater

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

DoctorGonzo posted:

i missed alexa on talking smack?

god loving dammit!

Cancel that crap show 205 live and air talking smack after the A+ SHOW!

Talking Smack was already aired after the A+ SHOW, 205 Live.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I can't stay up til 11pm on weekdays so 205 Live is bad because it makes me miss Talking Smack

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

i enjoyed smackdown all the way through, and i enjoyed nothing on RAW except the FOF and to a much lesser extent, the womens title match

watch smackdown live every week, watch any good segments on RAW via youtube or whatever

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

I can't stay up til 11pm on weekdays so 205 Live is bad because it makes me miss Talking Smack

Talking Smack ends at like 10:15

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

IcePhoenix posted:

Not in the Eastern time zone it doesn't. SD Live 8-10, 205 Live 10-11ish, Talking Smack after that

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Ok, I still don't want to watch an hour of 205 Live to see TS.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

Ok, I still don't want to watch an hour of 205 Live to see TS.

205 Live usually ends at 9:45-ish so you can just tune in to the end and use the 45 minutes to get ready for bed

ShakeZula posted:

Not in the Eastern time zone it doesn't. SD Live 8-10, 205 Live 10-11ish, Talking Smack after that

yeah but I know he lives in the central time zone because we're going to the same SD in two weeks in Minnesota

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bradzilla posted:

I can't stay up til 11pm on weekdays so 205 Live loving SUCKS because it makes me miss Talking Smack

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Endless Mike posted:

There was no Enzo segment on Smackdown so it was better by default.

Poor Enzo, whatever happened to you?

<---- Cuppa hater

Uh, maybe the fact that he's been on Raw since last July?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Bray Wyatt as champ killed my interest in Smackdown faster than Great Khali as champ did and I don't think I'll be looking back with a least a bit of ironic nostalgia about this like I do on Khali's reign.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

Bray Wyatt as champ killed my interest in Smackdown faster than Great Khali as champ did and I don't think I'll be looking back with a least a bit of ironic nostalgia about this like I do on Khali's reign.

Cool

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bye

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rick posted:

This but Naomi.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

DoctorGonzo posted:

This but Naomi.

This one hurts too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sorry about all of your bad opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

DoctorGonzo posted: