Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Ironic Twist posted:

Who's David Branch's first opponent going to be, my money is on Alvey

While he'd be small as heck at 205, he also wouldn't have to deal with Rockhold, Weidman, Romero, Jacare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

tesilential posted:

To be honest I don't see GSP "easily" taking down Wonderboy at this point. Wonderboy will stay way on the outside and I don't think GSP has anything at all for his striking. It'll either go like the Hendricks fight or the Rory fight.

I don't see GSP taking down Woodley nor hurting him on the feet. I see this going like the GSP v Hendricks fight. Woodley won't respect his jab like he did to Rory and should find an opening to hurt Georges.

As far as how GSP will look coming back, I've been watching this sport for nearly 2 decades and NOBODY comes back close or better than they were in their prime*. Even Jon Jones is going to look a lot worse when we finally see him again.

*People are going to bring up the rare exception like Dom or something who despite beating excellent competition after a layoff, didn't look "better than before" IMO. Time closes every gap, even skill/talent. Like unless GSP has totally revamped his game he is going to be one of the most predictable fighters in the octagon. How much tape is out on him at this point?

predicting what someones gonna do and stopping them from doing it are 2 different things. or woodley might never have been champion

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Ironic Twist posted:

Who's David Branch's first opponent going to be, my money is on Alvey

I don't know but they'll definitely be bringing the heat

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Trast posted:

Marvel let their artists do tributes to a lot of iconic rap album covers which pissed off a bunch of white nerds on the internet. So basically everyone won.

That's loving great. I'd vote that AV a five.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

TheRationalRedditor posted:

all that standing and flexing in front of gym mirrors after powersets of disturbing ki-yais has really taken a toll. this nigga look a frankenstein

drat, you're not kidding, not only does it look like he's aged a lot more than the 12 years since the TUF clip, it looks like he's died, had other people's face parts sewn onto his head and been fried with electricity til he came back to life

Trast posted:

Marvel let their artists do tributes to a lot of iconic rap album covers which pissed off a bunch of white nerds on the internet. So basically everyone won.

huh, I thought white nerds loved hip hop/rap, color me surprised

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Many different types of people both like and dislike rap music.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
we need this to play on a loop in the background of every ufc thread forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG5995Nsuww

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

EmmyOk posted:

Many different types of people both like and dislike rap music.

I like all types of music (except rap or country)

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
"Why not just fight at 185"
"You've uh, you've read my book"
*sashays like a man who just drank half a bottle of red stag*

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
GSP vs nick Diaz is the only fight that makes sense for either fighter..

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Im a 32 year old half white married guy who likes Danny Brown and Tyler TC a whole lot.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Gay Horney posted:

GSP vs nick Diaz is the only fight that makes sense for either fighter..

i am not impressed by your poor finance

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Im a 32 year old half white married guy who likes Danny Brown and Tyler TC a whole lot.

i literally just noticed your avatar. nice.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

savinhill posted:

drat, you're not kidding, not only does it look like he's aged a lot more than the 12 years since the TUF clip, it looks like he's died, had other people's face parts sewn onto his head and been fried with electricity til he came back to life

huh, I thought white nerds loved hip hop/rap, color me surprised

I remember people having a problem with it because of all the covers they did, none had black artists/writers

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I honestly cannot believe that's Danny brown's real voice when he speaks/raps. Also bummed Danny's verse didn't play on "hey kids" at the rtj show last night.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Why is there 200.new posts

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Boredom, mostly, but some more stuff about conor/floyd, but there's nothing new about that, really.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I hope everyone is ready for the Dave Branch era

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Lord Waffle Beard talking about other people's posts.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Lord Waffle Beard talking about other people's posts.

Fozzy, you really really need to stop trying to flame people all the time.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Same. But only the part about Danny Brown and Tyler.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Fozzy, you really really need to stop trying to flame people all the time.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
If I wanted to be flamed by a retard I'd talk to jack Daniels about beer

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I like rap

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Maybe we do need a mod

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Dangersim posted:

Maybe we do need a mod

Someone needs to stop people using the word human being as a pejorative

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Do GSP vs Silva already

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Dangersim posted:

I like rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3c2N2TiKI3o

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

BJ and Bendo are the exact same height and wingspan. Fitch had an 8cm advantage in both and has wins (against garbage like Shonie Carter and a decrepit Dennis Hallman) at middleweight. Frankie Edgar is small for featherweight and must hate cutting weight a lot.alize

I didnt realize that but I refuse to believe that BJ and Bendo are the same size. BJ has also fought at 205 but i still think Bendo is bigger and stronger than him

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
any word on why choi pulled out of the barao fight?

https://twitter.com/FrankieEdgar/status/831939075351343104 this fight would be sick

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Been watching "Where are they now" a bit on FightPass, and scrolled through the seasons to see who let themselves go the most or generally got the biggest.

You'd think it'd be Tim Sylvia.

Nope. Josh Haynes.

Yes, the undersized 195 pounder that fought at 205 on TUF 3'a TEAM PUNISHMENT.

Add the colored mohawk and that's him. Except he's now a policeman in Vegas and walks around at 290 pounds. (330 with equipment, he says)

Tim Sylvia, on the other hand, is just fat as he always was, and yokels around in Iowa with a hunting show and a roofing company. Dude has a really emotional moment when he describes how his son (Maverick Dean Justice Silva :downs:) changed him, and it's a feelgood moment. Good for him.

The episodes are pretty cool to watch overall, nothing earthshaking, but good to see my FightPass dollars get me some chill original content to kill a half hour or so.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I mean I have a bad memory and my lasting impression of Josh Haynes back in that era was "biggest spare tire I've ever seen on a pro fighter" (pre-Roy Nelson)

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Has there been any vanity rap projects by a UFC fighter yet, or is any non numetal music involvement frowned upon by the higherups?

On the same topic, I would love if Nate Diaz became a lyrical wordsmith

savinhill fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 16, 2017

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Boco_T posted:

I mean I have a bad memory and my lasting impression of Josh Haynes back in that era was "biggest spare tire I've ever seen on a pro fighter" (pre-Roy Nelson)
He named his kids Thor and Maximus.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

savinhill posted:

Has there been any vanity rap projects by a UFC fighter yet, or is any non numetal music involvement frowned upon by the higherups?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc2N2TiKI3o

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

savinhill posted:

I just posted a video rear end in a top hat

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

quote:

This video is unavailable.

Sorry about that.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

I just see the link and always assume a youtube will just end up being the Roidtech

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

No one can see it because the link is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Ah, Kevin Casey. He never disappoints, except for maybe himself

• Locked thread