Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Guinness posted:

Daily driven McLaren 650S. Parks with the plebs and doesn't even go out of his way to park in a corner of the garage or anything. In this picture he's at least at the edge of the row, but most days he's crammed in between two big SUVs with like 4 inches of clearance on both sides.

The guy next to him parked like an rear end, so he gets a pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Imperador do Brasil posted:

The benefit of living out in the country I suppose; room to play.

I more or less have a personal rock field and a personal rallycross course, though I can only get 25Mb internet even working for the ISP I am served by. It is a double edged sword.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

DJ Commie posted:

I more or less have a personal rock field and a personal rallycross course, though I can only get 25Mb internet even working for the ISP I am served by. It is a double edged sword.

I live in the middle of suburbia and get 6 on a good day.

gently caress this country's stupid stone age internet and retarded loving politicians who won't do anything about it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Locally if you're willing to pay like $3K for it, Frontier will run a FIOS line out to your bumfuck farm/property. It's one of the expenses to take into account here if you want no neighbors.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Locally if you're willing to pay like $3K for it, Frontier will run a FIOS line out to your bumfuck farm/property. It's one of the expenses to take into account here if you want no neighbors.

That's pretty good, AT&T ran fiber to our new edge connection for free*

* Its $2400 a month for 500Mb symmetric with a free /23 and /29 and holy crap the pings never are over 5ms anywhere

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I dont think thats what heel and toe is

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Guinness posted:

Daily driven McLaren 650S. Parks with the plebs and doesn't even go out of his way to park in a corner of the garage or anything. In this picture he's at least at the edge of the row, but most days he's crammed in between two big SUVs with like 4 inches of clearance on both sides.

Nice roadster back there too.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

DJ Commie posted:

I get like 3mb on a good day...Pennsylvania is still incredibly rural and a large percentage of my neighbors are old order Mennonite or Amish. I have a nice long paved driveway and my own private woods though, so I suffer through the garbage internet.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Rhyno posted:

Any idea who you need to contact to make that happen? The wife and I are looking at property in SW Allen Co and I'd rather pay thousands of dollars to have a FIOS line ran than ever have to deal with Comcast again.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

A great piece of satire on the contemporary culture of celebrity.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

It's just another Ewe-haul rental.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
"Who ordered the Welsh Rabbit?"

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Deteriorata posted:

It's just another Ewe-haul rental.

:vince:

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Shear genius.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I saw that thing on the road.

It was hauling rear end.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Huge_Midget posted:

Any idea who you need to contact to make that happen? The wife and I are looking at property in SW Allen Co and I'd rather pay thousands of dollars to have a FIOS line ran than ever have to deal with Comcast again.

There are so many WISPs around, anymore, I don't know if you'd be stuck with a wired connection.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Platystemon posted:

I saw that thing on the road.

It was hauling rear end.

No, these guys are hauling rear end.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Is this the right thread for this? I really don't know. Regardless, for your perusal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0MS-FFAlPw

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

The fact that this isn't a Ram is an udder disappointment.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Huge_Midget posted:

I'll hit up my buddy at Frontier and ask him the details. I should have noted, that obviously doesn't include the monthly usage fees.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Memento posted:

Is this the right thread for this? I really don't know. Regardless, for your perusal:

:dogbutton:

Uh, well then. :dong:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Memento posted:

yeah uh, not sure if people knew this, but rovers and bmw use the same gearboxes...and bellhousings bolt on to said trans. You can also get jag engines into that bay. My sick spin on it was the xjr I6 supercharged engine in a rover.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Memento posted:

My dad has a 96 discovery with no engine in his warehouse... :getin:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

I'll hit up my buddy at Frontier and ask him the details. I should have noted, that obviously doesn't include the monthly usage fees.

Also, I assume it requires there being fiber somewhere nearby.
My parent's north coast community just banded together to get fios and laying the fiber 50+ miles cost $texas. It is going to be a community run thing though, so it should be pretty sweet.
Right now att has a monopoly on DSL and due to line quality it only sometimes hits 1.5 mbps.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

Also, I assume it requires there being fiber somewhere nearby.
My parent's north coast community just banded together to get fios and laying the fiber 50+ miles cost $texas. It is going to be a community run thing though, so it should be pretty sweet.
Right now att has a monopoly on DSL and due to line quality it only sometimes hits 1.5 mbps.

Fort Wayne has an expansive city-maintained FO network that they, Comcast and Verizon worked together to build some years ago. There are gaps in availability but if you're within the city limits you have a very good chance of having access to fast internet speeds. And even outside the city limits have coverage to most areas within reason. When Verizon pulled out of the city and sold to Frontier things got kind of messy for a bit but they seem to have their poo poo sorted out now.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

yeah uh, not sure if people knew this, but rovers and bmw use the same gearboxes...and bellhousings bolt on to said trans. You can also get jag engines into that bay. My sick spin on it was the xjr I6 supercharged engine in a rover.

Is this true?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Well, food for thought, the V8 rover is the M62.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

BlackMK4 posted:

Well, food for thought, the V8 rover is the M62.

Wrong. M62s came in 03-05 l322s. The rover v8 is a buick 215 from the 60s.

Im in class and will make a table later of what works where and what work is required to make it run.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Bape Culture posted:

Is this true?
It doesn't reallt matter, common Landie bellhousings are designed to bolt to a separate flywheel housing on the back of the engine, so you have a lot of leeway to play with for making adaptor plates compared to most gearbox designs.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
How about the BMW Defender 2.8i (a South Africa special)?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/car-accessories/features/a31958/engineers-cars-the-red-mamba/

meltie fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 17, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
This loving thing was exactly as clean and as awesome as it looks.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bape Culture posted:

Is this true?

I don't know but it's highly believable, BMW owned Rover for a huge chunk of the 90s and it was the first time the company saw any sort of investment in new models in decades.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Memento posted:

This loving thing was exactly as clean and as awesome as it looks.

Holy poo poo that KE2x looks great with the mini-Bathurst Globes on it

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

You Am I posted:

Holy poo poo that KE2x looks great with the mini-Bathurst Globes on it

Same thing as the Cromodora 31?

stump
Jan 19, 2006

The P38 Range Rover used a 2.5 BMW Diesel 6, using the same transmission used in the Defender (and presumably Disco) at the time, so it would make sense.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
So you wanna make your rover more interesting.
4hp22s were used on everything NAS unless it had a 4.6, then it was a 4HP24. (some rrcs got chryco trannies in the early 80s)

Least effort to full effort:
Lincoln mark VII D24
Jag/Aston AJ6. These engines use the SaGEMS engine management found on 96-98 rovers anyway, but with electronic transmissions. Aside from bracketry, this is nearly a plug/play option for P38s.
Volvo Redblock, D24
BMW: M10, M20, D24, M30,M50, M60, M70, came directly with this box. Using that any S series should bolt up, possibly N series.
Audi I5/V6/ 3.6/4.2 V8s

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

cursedshitbox posted:

4hp22s were used on everything NAS unless it had a 4.6, then it was a 4HP24. (some rrcs got chryco trannies in the early 80s)

Least effort to full effort:
Lincoln mark VII D24
Jag/Aston AJ6. These engines use the SaGEMS engine management found on 96-98 rovers anyway, but with electronic transmissions. Aside from bracketry, this is nearly a plug/play option for P38s.
Volvo Redblock, D24
BMW: M10, M20, D24, M30,M50, M60, M70, came directly with this box. Using that any S series should bolt up, possibly N series.
Audi I5/V6/ 3.6/4.2 V8s

M21/D24 is a big stupid pig of an engine with parts availability gone to poo poo. Someone :ninja: just bought the second to last brand new head from BMW for later sale at a profit and someone on a E30 facebook group got the final one.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

DJ Commie posted:

Same thing as the Cromodora 31?

That's what I thought, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cursedshitbox posted:

Ah, you meant the autos. Yeah, they'll give you a lot of options.

Note you can get adaptors to mate things like TH400s to the Rover LT230 transfer case (and the series one, too, actually, they're both pretty strong), so your options really are very open - like Overfinch slapping SBCs into RRCs.