Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

realbez posted:

'arguably the best under 21 player in the competition' welcome back to footy!!!!

Who's that describing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Brown describing Fantasia. He just kicked a pretty good goal though for his second.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Ok so I need a VPN to watch it on a laptop/TV but I don't on my mobile? That makes sense

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

thepokey posted:

Ok so I need a VPN to watch it on a laptop/TV but I don't on my mobile? That makes sense

watchafl.com.au you will need a vpn or dns proxy. AFL live pass you can watch in Aus with no VPN but only on mobile devices.

edit: they are separate websites/services

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
good loving poo poo

useless pieces of absolute garbage

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

realbez posted:

watchafl.com.au you will need a vpn or dns proxy. AFL live pass you can watch in Aus with no VPN but only on mobile devices.

edit: they are separate websites/services

Looks like the VPN won't work on my laptop for watchafl.com.au and gently caress watching it on my phone, guess I'll do something else with my evening then

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Haha an Essendon player just appealed to the umpire for 50m for his teammate missing him when trying to pass it back to him for a free kick, noice

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
How the gently caress was that deliberate? I hope that was just a mistake, umpire :argh:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Am I the only one watching this?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

realbez posted:

I'm kind of half watching it on the other screen, doesn't compare to the womens league for intensity

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-age-journalist-emma-quayle-breaks-afl-barrier-in-recruiting-for-gws-giants-20170216-guew5w.html

Emma Quayle joining the giants as a recruiter. Amazing stuff.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

try just jumping at the ball and you might actually mark it instead of trying to blind turn in the air you nong

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

smart, not many people know draftees as well as her

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

try just jumping at the ball and you might actually mark it instead of trying to blind turn in the air you nong

only (potential) highlights matter

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Good on her, but who the gently caress is going to take the helm as the only good footy journo?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

realbez posted:

I am, but it's hard to watch and post at the same time when it's on the phone

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
That was the most uninspiring speech by Heppell in that Dons ad.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
my internet can't even handle the 500kbps option on watchafl gently caress this whole earth

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

strap on revenge posted:

my internet can't even handle the 500kbps option on watchafl gently caress this whole earth

My stream has shat itself too

doesn't even look like any of the dubious ones I know of have the game either ffs

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Has anyone else noticed that a bunch of players from both teams have things taped behind their ears? The only thing I can think it'd be would be some kind of sensor taking data as part of some study on concussion (but I have no idea).

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Periphery posted:

Has anyone else noticed that a bunch of players from both teams have things taped behind their ears? The only thing I can think it'd be would be some kind of sensor taking data as part of some study on concussion (but I have no idea).

That's exactly what it is

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

gay picnic defence posted:

That's exactly what it is

Awesome. Any idea who is running it?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT CHELSEA

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Periphery posted:

Some of the women's matches have had the same so far too.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Periphery posted:

Awesome. Any idea who is running it?

Monash University; the women have been involved in the trial as well

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Watched the 3rd on my phone. Actually quite enjoyed that. Nice to see us getting run off half back and multiple effective F50 entries. Nice link up handballs, some quick ball movement and good decision making. It's 1 quarter of the wizard home loans cup but I guess it feels like so long since I saw us play like that that it was just nice to see at all

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

The phone app live stream keeps crashing, a lot of reeeaally pissed off customers on their crowd support forum thingy

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

gently caress. There goes half the decent written stuff on the AFL.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Is Mcdonald-Tipingwuti rocking a Mohawk now?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
If you're trying to watch the stream on your iPad, the AFL (and Foxtel) says gently caress you.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
nearly every top comment on the AFL fb's most recent posts are people bitching them out about it, the non-telstra customers who forked out for it are (rightfully) furious

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Haha oh poo poo, I knew anything involving Telstra and AFL is contracturally obligated to be arse-backwards garbage, or neutered beyond belief, but this takes the cake by a margin :allears:

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
The Optus/EPL debacle aside, that's one of the worst broadcasting policies I've ever seen. It's absolutely horrific.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Deadly Hume posted:

If you're trying to watch the stream on your iPad, the AFL (and Foxtel) says gently caress you.

Lmao holy poo poo

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

The Deadly Hume posted:

Holy gently caress that's some downright stupid poo poo. Only the AFL and Telstra would think watching footy on a small screen or with poo poo quality is a good idea.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

realbez posted:

Not afl related but I want everyone at Telstra to burn in loving hell

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Guaranteed Foxtel have their fingerprints on this. They're trying to protect an extremely out of date business model and are terrified of streaming. That bloke in Brisbane with the Mundine fight proved that.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
The railway crossing lights at macauley bridge are broken and I'm stuck on said bridge. Send help.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

The railway crossing lights at macauley bridge are broken and I'm stuck on said bridge. Send help.

I'm sympathetic but loving the synergy with your red text

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

hiddenmovement posted:

Use the high ground to establish a fortified location, like an Iron Age hill fort; from there, you can control and defend the surrounding farmsteads and trade routes

• Locked thread