Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Will past XP go towards Class Ranks? Like, I've whored up Scout even though I hit 10 long ago, so will I pop into the game and shoot up ranks because of all of the XP I earned before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

Will past XP go towards Class Ranks? Like, I've whored up Scout even though I hit 10 long ago, so will I pop into the game and shoot up ranks because of all of the XP I earned before?

You will not.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kibayasu posted:

You will not.

:suicide:

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Every time they raised the level cap in BF it worked like this. I'd rather see that bar creep up over time anyway.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well these seems as good a time to start playing again. Just need a new headset. I'm interested in seeing how my SSD and now comical amount of ram will change things. I got a 16gb kit, execpted my 8gb one to not work together, and low and behold it does and now I have 24gb of ram. :lol:

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Whelp, 50 Scout. Mission accomplished?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Dvsilverwing posted:

Whelp, 50 Scout. Mission accomplished?

So wait it's retroactive? has to be right? can't grind to 50 in a few hours.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

afkmacro posted:

Yeah, I just checked, I'm Scout rank 41 so it's all retroactive.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah, I just checked, I'm Scout rank 41 so it's all retroactive.

afkmacro posted:

It's not actually retroactive. It shows your retroactive XP in the menu due to :dice: at the moment, the in-game spawn menu class shows the "right" level.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dvsilverwing posted:

It's not actually retroactive. It shows your retroactive XP in the menu due to :dice: at the moment, the in-game spawn menu class shows the "right" level.

Holy poo poo, I should have known, loooool

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
That said, I played for just a hot minute got 1.5k points and went to medic level 11?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im probs gonna start playing again soon, someone explain the new class levels to me

is there anything in them yet or how is this working

I already unlocked all the existing weapons in case they ever decided to just add a bunch of levels and throw existing weapons in higher level tiers

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
It's gonna be pretty unfair if they set class 20 on coming weapons for new players. They'll probably max out at class rank 15 or even less.

Edit: then again, this is EA and they do sell shortcut kits lmao

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
brief gun chat: so when game was coming out, they promised 20 DLC weapons. grenade xbow + 9 in upcoming DLC puts us half way there. will the 3rd/4th dlcs be map only? maybe some vehicles?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I imagine their end game goal on the freemium front is a certain amount of free maps and weapons. Sort of like 5 maps for each faction pairing outside paid DLC.

We really need more Austrian and Italian, American and German and Ottoman British maps soon just so they can put more oomph in Operations.

Also, that loving bug when you revived and your primary weapon doesn't fire until you do a quick switch is still there!

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
trip report: BAR Storm is still good, not quite as good at range anymore. oh well. i won like six ribbons my first match. i guess they nerfed automatico trench as well, gonna try that next.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I really find it sad they isn't an option to remove that massive obscuring sight from the default Lewis gun.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
It'd be interesting if they added a DLC that had just oddball maps and factions, like the fight for Germany's Chinese colonies at the very start of the war where joint Japanese and British/Sikh forces attacked or some of the African combat. I wouldn't mind seeing the Arabs as a faction on a map or two, especially since voice acting aside it seemed like they had all the assets for it during that final mission of the Lawrence campaign.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I wouldn't say no, we've got their clothing and the ANZAC stuff taking up space on our HD for single player so I do hope they plan to roll them out as some form of multiplayer assets in the future.

I'm still hoping for a good old school 1942 Naval/Aeroplane themed DLC.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

They screwed up the animation on the Selbstadler 1906.

It was very gratifying watching the reload even if it was only 5 shot.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Can someone give a trip report on how the changes affect the automatico trench? It was my go to and I'd hate to see it suck now.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

moosecow333 posted:

Can someone give a trip report on how the changes affect the automatico trench? It was my go to and I'd hate to see it suck now.

I tried trench and storm I can't tell the difference anymore and I occasionally have to ADS.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

afkmacro posted:

and I occasionally have to ADS.

so it's loving ruined

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
Symthic forums are saying they nurfed the Storm not the Trench. Trench was a typo in the patch notes. :dice:

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
hellriegel for any map not argonne, m97 hunter for that one :q:

i barely notice the 14.7% hor recoil nerf tbh

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Bad medics aside, you don't truly understand how bad supports are in this game until you play as the Tank Hunter on Operations.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

BigglesSWE posted:

Bad medics aside, you don't truly understand how bad supports are in this game until you play as the Tank Hunter on Operations.

I had a game the other night where as tank hunter on Fao Fortress I had like 3 Supports around me at Obj D and none would drop ammo despite the fact that I just kept requesting it. I finally managed to grab a horse that was standing around and kept resupplying myself.

Also I learned that Tank Hunter can do some damage to the Dreadnaught but its kind of a waste of ammo.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

So about bad medics and terrible supports. Regular conquest attracts the most garbage players. If you want teamwork play back to basics.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Wish forty player operations was the default or only mode.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I wish there was a mode that everyone was an elite class, or that there were a ton of them or something. I want to see the whole map ablaze.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Chronojam posted:

Same, operations 64 is incredibly unfun. Having all those players takes away the appeal of operations.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Chronojam posted:

40 players, No optics above 2x on anything, single map matches instead of 2 or 3. There, operations is fixed.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Operations will always be flawed until DICE gets it through their thick goddamn skulls to let the AA guns respawn.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is there some sort of weird tank hack in this game? I watched a whole team pound on a heavy tank guy who was like 41-0 and the thing refused to die for no apparent reason. I counted 89 damage with AT rifle myself, and I see this a lot in games so I have no idea wtf

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

If a tank is a bit cautious and has even a single dude wrenching it's p much impossible to take down.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

bathhouse posted:

Symthic forums are saying they nurfed the Storm not the Trench. Trench was a typo in the patch notes. :dice:

tbh i find that hard to believe, i was having really great luck with storm. trench seemed a bit harder to hit with at range? could be placebo i suppose

edit: i mean data doesn't lie, but i didn't notice any problem at all using storm.

lmao they call argonne 'shotgonne forest'

MadBimber fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Feb 16, 2017

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Sylink posted:

Is there some sort of weird tank hack in this game? I watched a whole team pound on a heavy tank guy who was like 41-0 and the thing refused to die for no apparent reason. I counted 89 damage with AT rifle myself, and I see this a lot in games so I have no idea wtf

I think the game has a bug with tanks that become invulnerable, I actually have footage of me in a heavy tank shooting a light tank at close range six times and the shots don't bounce but they also don't produce any visible FX like sparks or smoke or whatever. It's like the shells vanish when they make contact. I did not get points for damaging either so we might be seeing different things.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive been taking a break from bf till the next DLC

ive been playing MMOs. im a bad person

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

afkmacro posted:

I think the game has a bug with tanks that become invulnerable, I actually have footage of me in a heavy tank shooting a light tank at close range six times and the shots don't bounce but they also don't produce any visible FX like sparks or smoke or whatever. It's like the shells vanish when they make contact. I did not get points for damaging either so we might be seeing different things.

I've had this happen once but I've also had the ricochets happen from straight on AT Rockets to the broadside of a Heavy Tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Tanks are :dice:'d. I've been in a heavy tank that decided it wanted to fly halfway to heaven then drop down, and I've seen it happen many times from the outside as recently as yesterday. so I wouldn't be shocked if sometimes they just have invulnerable armor.