Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mike12345 posted:

mazel tov! skip the honeymoon and buy some spaceships, commando

Thank you, but that was 20 years ago. I'm an old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Thinking about buying Squadron 42 along with Star Citizen during our Valentine's Day sale? That'll be $20 extra, please -- a savings of negative 5 dollars over the regular price!

(Apparently there is no $15 Squadron 42 addon, the only way you can purchase it is to buy a game package with SQ42 included.)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lmao the "holy poo poo we're one of the top 25 subreddits people hate to see" thread is producing some fantastic comedy

Also whatever the gently caress happened to imgur where they resize everything you upload is a real poo poo move.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

boviscopophobic posted:

Thinking about buying Squadron 42 along with Star Citizen during our Valentine's Day sale? That'll be $20 extra, please -- a savings of negative 5 dollars over the regular price!

(Apparently there is no $15 Squadron 42 addon, the only way you can purchase it is to buy a game package with SQ42 included.)

Minus the split of two AAAA games:

Some nutball ran through the math where you could buy a double package, melt them then come out ahead versus another package they were offering.

I can't remember if it was on Reddit, or the CIG forums. A gently caress ton of creativity in the verse.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao the "holy poo poo we're one of the top 25 subreddits people hate to see" thread is producing some fantastic comedy

Also whatever the gently caress happened to imgur where they resize everything you upload is a real poo poo move.

imgur refactored. Yeah, it's a pain in the rear end.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Minus the split of two AAAA games:

Some nutball ran through the math where you could buy a double package, melt them then come out ahead versus another package they were offering.

I can't remember if it was on Reddit, or the CIG forums. A gently caress ton of creativity in the verse.

Nothing screams "charitable donation for game development with no expectation of return" like convoluted arbitrage schemes.

Also, while we're on the topic of charity, somebody please donate to rehome a Starfarer Gemini two-pack. None have been sold for 43 hours.

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 16, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

Nothing screams "charitable donation for game development with no expectation of return" like convoluted arbitrage schemes.

Arbitrage is a perfect term.

I know this is late, but thank you for providing the funding distribution versus time zones a week or so back based on my simple question.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Beet Wagon posted:

Finally ran out of startup VC dosh is my bet, time to find yet another image host that won't suck for another 2 years.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Truga posted:

Finally ran out of startup VC dosh is my bet, time to find yet another image host that won't suck for another 2 years.

Has anyone checked on Stargur lately? They gotta be doing well, right?

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Beet Wagon posted:

About as well as star citizen.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beet Wagon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Only one month til citizens can tell us how Star Citizen is so much better than the new Mass Effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyZw_oqk7Q8

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

spacetoaster posted:

Only one month til citizens can tell us how Star Citizen is so much better than the new Mass Effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyZw_oqk7Q8

It is Bioshit so I wont blame them if they say it is. My previous experience with TOR is enough for me to agree that it wont be superb.

Now will it match CR writing? I doubt it. WC set new standards. Then again so did TOR.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Star Citizen
Genre: Massively Multiplayer Space Simulation w/ FPS Elements
Company Started: 2011
Kickstarter: 2012
Current Employees: ~350?
Engine: StarEngine "Lumberyard"
Maximum Server Capacity: 24
Release Date: 2014 2015 2016 2017 Indefinite

Dual Universe
Genre: Massively Multiplayer Sandbox Space Simulation w/ FPS Elements
Company Started: 2014
Kickstarter: 2016
Current Employees: 25
Engine: Unigine 2
Maximum Server Capacity: "Hundreds"
Release Date: 2018

Dual Universe merit an additional "Build/desing your own vehicule" bullet point, something SC will never, ever, let the players do. Dont want us plebs to sully lord Roberts "vision"

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Hiya, this thread was getting weird again so I thought it needed a bad Ayn Marx post to make that official

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Ayn Marx posted:

Hiya, this thread was getting weird again so I thought it needed a bad Ayn Marx post to make that official

It's a thread about obsessively archiving Reddit and the CIG forums, it's never not weird.

I remember when a few people declared that the phrase "don't touch the poop" was stupid. This thread is what happens when the advice is no longer followed.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Decrepus posted:

When I was a teenager I had those high hopes and dreams about upcoming games. One was Dawn, or something like that, where you could do ANYTHING! You could be a dragon and fight and grow and become powerful, stalk the streets as a vampire hunting for your victims, or be a hunter and craft every part of an animal into useful items.

All they had were a few ugly looking pictures and a lot of fluff and people hyping it up on their forum. This is eerily similar except instead of retarded teenagers it is grown men wrecking their marriages.
I was actually around there when Dawn was being hyped up.

The "creator" of which went on to ditch it for "Project X" which was going to be an Xbox game, until it wasn't anymore, and that also disappeared into the ether. He settled on his ancient html browser text "game" that is covered in ridiculously pricey pay2win that used to be mostly free, or maybe it's free again, who knows.

Project X suddenly changed its name to Nodiatis and became a somewhat more graphical clone of that game, without using the visual assets from "Dawn" like in the browser game I mentioned. Despite this not being anywhere near what the original pitch was.

The entire time, profits from that browser game were supposed to go into both Dawn and later pre-Nodiatis Project X.

It's all loving garbage and it hasn't died yet and nobody's been pointing any of it out.

He also named himself God in his browser game, and his "girlfriend" got the name "God's girlfriend"

Edit: upon further thought, the original version of that game was when the Dawn hype was around, but all the known assets started appearing in the improved version that continues to exist today. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that he silently dropped Dawn at around the same time.

Cheez fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 16, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Thirsty Dog posted:

It's a thread about obsessively archiving Reddit and the CIG forums, it's never not weird.

I remember when a few people declared that the phrase "don't touch the poop" was stupid. This thread is what happens when the advice is no longer followed.

That's not what that stupid phrase even means

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

oops no political stuff.

william sampson is all I will say about poop and saudi jails.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
trump is bad
star citizen is bad
your posting is bad
anime is good

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ayn Marx posted:

Sir, I served with MarchingPowder. I knew MarchingPowder. MarchingPowder was a friend of mine. Sir, you're no MarchingPowder.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

TheAgent posted:

trump is bad
star citizen is bad
your posting is bad
anime is good

sticks and stones may break my bones butt words will only make me sore.

Do we really have to do this again?

necroid
May 14, 2009

TheAgent posted:

trump is bad
star citizen is bad
your posting is bad
anime is good

so close, you were so close to the Truth

anime is bad

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

TheAgent posted:

trump is bad
star citizen is bad
your posting is bad
anime is good

Anime is blood.

Edit:

Thanks bing!

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 16, 2017

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

necroid posted:

anime is bad

so true

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Frontier aiming to kick CIG while they're down, streamed live in a few minutes...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrontierDevelopments?live

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

happyhippy posted:

No wonder SC isn't being made if you fucks aren't giving your whole lives to it.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Quavers posted:

Frontier aiming to kick CIG while they're down, streamed live in a few minutes...

You make that sound like there are times when CIG is actually up and running.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

TheAgent posted:

trump is bad
star citizen is bad
your posting is bad
anime is good

Mods!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Quavers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrontierDevelopments?live

Aw yiss.

Let the yellow stream flow all over Chris's vision

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

trump is bad
star citizen is bad
your posting is bad
1% of anime is good

:colbert:

Fixed.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

intardnation posted:

sticks and stones may break my bones butt words will only make me sore.

Do we really have to do this again?

You say there's something you want made great again?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CORSAIR/status/832288974571925504

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

necroid posted:

anime is bad
gently caress

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PhantomSpaceCop/status/832270046915358720

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
My respect for Star Citizen

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

No jiggling, no floating bits, no explosions, no clipping.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
elites murdering it right now, multicrew looks cool as gently caress

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

happyhippy posted:

No jiggling, no floating bits, no explosions, no clipping.
walking is way more fun than flying a cool spaceship

--literally star citizen supporters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

crews look good.