Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Your limiter weakens when you work yourself to near death, DBZ style. The joke is Satima was so weak and out of shape that doing free squats put him in this state. Dark Shine didnt work near as hard as Satima, & a common theme when the S classes lose is they're so used to being borderline invincible they've stopped trying & have fear in their hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I like the idea that the genetics house guy was talking out his rear end.

And Saitama is just strong.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Do you think the authors narration is also talking out its rear end or what.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Work Friend Keven posted:

The joke is Satima was so weak and out of shape that doing free squats put him in this state. Dark Shine didnt work near as hard as Satima,

I disagree.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Dark shine shaves his head, his hair never fell out. Its crazy to even think he worked himself as hard as Satima.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ok I did not remember that stuff. Still it's not much more of answer.

Dark shine shaves his head, his hair never fell out. Its crazy to even think he worked himself as hard as Satima.

No I recall it being stated his hair fell out.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
he probably had air conditioning and also ate large breakfasts i bet

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Somewhere the god of the OPM universe is frantically checking over the rules of the universe to figure out how the gently caress this happened

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Just because Saitama got that strong through his training regiment there's nothing to suggest it'd work the same for everyone else, so it's kinda pointless to discuss whether other people have trained an equivalent amount. They very well might have, they just didn't become Saitama strong.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I still like the theory that Saitama broke his limiter through wanting to be a hero so bad, he became for heroes what Crabrante is for crab. His training regimen was just the physical expression of his striving towards that goal.

The joke being that the secret to his power is literally the same as everyone else's.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Just because Saitama got that strong through his training regiment there's nothing to suggest it'd work the same for everyone else, so it's kinda pointless to discuss whether other people have trained an equivalent amount. They very well might have, they just didn't become Saitama strong.

But we just saw that a similar thing made Alloy go from a scrawny kid to his current state.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Everyone else has either "trained", augmented their body, or eaten "things".

Saitama is the only one who has, for sure, done more than one of those things.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why do you need an answer better than "because"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kild posted:

But we just saw that a similar thing made Alloy go from a scrawny kid to his current state.

Yeah training definitely makes someone stronger. I just don't think that necessarily means following Saitama's training regiment will make you reach Saitama strength.

If there's one thing that sets Saitama apart from the rest, I don't think it's the training but the understanding of just what being a hero really means. Because he really gets that a lot more than most other characters.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Tollymain posted:

why do you need an answer better than "because"

Like, literally the title of the show is "that guy who needs no more than a single punch to beat any enemy".

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Speculation is fun sometimes

I wonder what video game King played first

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Your limiter weakens when you work yourself to near death, DBZ style. The joke is Satima was so weak and out of shape that doing free squats put him in this state. Dark Shine didnt work near as hard as Satima, & a common theme when the S classes lose is they're so used to being borderline invincible they've stopped trying & have fear in their hearts.

I think not taking things too seriously is also necessary to break your limiter.

When Garou is being a villain as hobby he starts breaking his limiter, then he gets a bit too tryhard and he gets weaker.

So breaking your limiter requires a combination of massive amounts of willpower necessary to work yourself to near death AND a carefree attitude because you're just doing things for fun.

Basically the source of Saitama's strength is his training regimen AND "It's a hobby", so he gives away the secrets of ultimate power all the time just nobody believes him and the people who do believe him are too tryhard for it to work for them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shugojin posted:

Speculation is fun sometimes

I wonder what video game King played first

Donkey Kong

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

I'd love to see a King gaiden where he travels to a major video game tournament and destroys Billy Mitchell in Donkey Kong. King could stand near the machine and intimidate the crap out of his competitors with his trademark stare and King Engine.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Billy Mitchell is so off tilt he game overs almost immediately, which is very fortunate for King as he could never get past the stage where DK starts throwing springs.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He does that Daigo moment to Daigo himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtuA5we0RZU

If you don't know what I mean.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I just finished catching up to this. Holy poo poo, it only took me a few moments to adjust to ONE's art and it was so worth it. Now I just need to know when/how often ONE updates this.

It's not very often/consistent, is it? :negative:

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

I just finished catching up to this. Holy poo poo, it only took me a few moments to adjust to ONE's art and it was so worth it. Now I just need to know when/how often ONE updates this.

It's a hobby.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reinanigans posted:

Lucky if you get 4 full chapters a year.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Jvie posted:

It's a hobby.
Literally. ONE has a published comic he spends more time on (Mob Psycho 100), so OPM sort of gets updated when he has free time.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Reinanigans posted:

If you want consistent updates from ONE you're better off reading Mob Psycho.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kild posted:

you're better off reading Mob Psycho.

This. That is, you will be better off, as a person, if you start reading mob psycho 100.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

This. That is, you will be better off, as a person, if you start reading mob psycho 100.

You can also just watch the anime and then continue from there.

It's such a good show :allears:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Kild posted:

you're better off reading Mob Psycho.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah, I watched the anime for Mob and absolutely loved it.

Timeline went like this: Started watching the OPM anime and finished it>>Started reading the Murata version of the manga until I was caught up>> Watched all of Mob Psycho>>Started reading the ONE version of OPM.

The only thing I have left is to catch up to the manga for Mob at this point.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Reinanigans posted:

Yeah, I watched the anime for Mob and absolutely loved it.

Timeline went like this: Started watching the OPM anime and finished it>>Started reading the Murata version of the manga until I was caught up>> Watched all of Mob Psycho>>Started reading the ONE version of OPM.

The only thing I have left is to catch up to the manga for Mob at this point.

You won't be sorry. The mob manga stuff you haven't read is absolutely amazing. Which is something considering how good everything else is already. So you've just saved the best for last.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I watched the OPM anime again and god drat it's such a good adaptation :eyepop:

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
This thread kinda fell off my radar, has there really been no new chapter in the mean time?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
If you get a handful of ONE chapters a year call it a win.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Kild posted:

If you want consistent updates from ONE you're better off reading Mob Psycho.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
sorry if you in fact do read mob psycho, but ONE is like so close to finishing it so might not be any original OPM for a while

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well
ONE might not finish on the chapter number that makes the most sense and has been intentionally doing decimal points in his chapter numbers to delay it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
still, a lot of story arcs are wrapping up and it's coming full circle so it

the highest decimal he's done has been like .13? If he actually does Chapter 100.99 tho that'd be just fine tho

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty sure chapter 100 is just going to be 100 without decimal points.

Chapter 99.09 is a possibility, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
What is mob psycho about?