Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

bird food bathtub posted:

jesus christ 2017, pump the brakes a little.

thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Russian numbers station. Usually has a very annoying buzz (that you can hear at the end of the clip), but occasionally has a message with numbers and random Russian names.

The purpose is unknown, but everyone can pretty much guess that it's some sort of coded message.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

redneck nazgul posted:

https://twitter.com/aurahack/status/832320270278983681

UVB-76 gave an actual broadcast rather than the usual buzz earlier. :tinfoil:

ok now I'm scared

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
gently caress it probate me now and then again tomorrow when I start thinking trump

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

redneck nazgul posted:

https://twitter.com/aurahack/status/832320270278983681

UVB-76 gave an actual broadcast rather than the usual buzz earlier. :tinfoil:
Any idea when their last actual broadcast was?

And for anybody that doesn't know about numbers stations, have I got a rabbit hole for you.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

shyduck posted:

Any idea when their last actual broadcast was?

Wikipedia: "On October 17, 2016, The Buzzer (UVB-76) broadcast at least 18 different messages in less than 24 hours."

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

VikingSkull posted:

ok now I'm scared

Apparently broadcasts on that station are tests to see if the receivers at listening posts are paying attention.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Thank you for that not verifiable and not alleviating concern info

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Vengarr posted:

Apparently broadcasts on that station are tests to see if the receivers at listening posts are paying attention.

Yeah, I get that one confused with the one that's only transmitted like three times a lot. UVB-76 is a normal numbers station, so it's not too weird.

What the hell is the other one I'm thinking of called, I don't think it was the Woodpecker it was a different one.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
man I should have skipped class today. Apparently I just missed out on SHEER INSANITY

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

man I should have skipped class today. Apparently I just missed out on SHEER INSANITY

It was Trump being Trump times ten, so either enraging or absolutely hilarious depending on how broke your brain is.

Mine's really broke.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

VikingSkull posted:

Yeah, I get that one confused with the one that's only transmitted like three times a lot. UVB-76 is a normal numbers station, so it's not too weird.

What the hell is the other one I'm thinking of called, I don't think it was the Woodpecker it was a different one.

No that's the one, the woodpecker is the array that's near Chernobyl.

UVB-76 used to only translate every few years. This is a bit weird.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

our president is an insane person :psyduck:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

At the 23 second mark of the broadcast, you can hear a woman saying something. I wonder whats she's saying.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

FrozenVent posted:

No that's the one, the woodpecker is the array that's near Chernobyl.

UVB-76 used to only translate every few years. This is a bit weird.

UVB-76 is a normal numbers station, albeit an infrequent one (up until the past six months).

The Woodpecker was part of the Russian anti-ballistic missile radar network. The original one near Chernobyl's been shut down, though the tower's still up.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah, there's one that's only broadcast like 3 times over decades and UVB-76 isn't it, but I forget the things drat name now.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

redneck nazgul posted:

The Woodpecker was part of the Russian anti-ballistic missile radar network. The original one near Chernobyl's been shut down, though the tower's still up.

Its also common for hobbyists to use the Woodpecker antenna for pirate broadcasts.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

http://nypost.com/2017/02/16/judge-...r_share=twitter

Please let the fat man go to jail

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bolow posted:

It'd be pretty loving sweet to get weed cheaper than a kitkat bar

Malaysian opiate tree dirt is around $0.15 a hit if you overpay

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I want some of our allies to just leak entire phone conversations

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Does anyone have a list of this thread's previous titles I feel like that in itself is enough to document this administration for history

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
39% approval rating? Lmao

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Wikileaks dropped a thing about CIA doing humint and sigint on the 2012 french elections.

https://wikileaks.org/cia-france-elections-2012/ posted:

All major French political parties were targeted for infiltration by the CIA's human ("HUMINT") and electronic ("SIGINT") spies in the seven months leading up to France's 2012 presidential election. The revelations are contained within three CIA tasking orders published today by WikiLeaks as context for its forth coming CIA Vault 7 series.

The espionage order for "Non Ruling Political Parties and Candidates Strategic Election Plans" which targeted Francois Holland, Marine Le Pen and other opposition figures requires obtaining opposition parties' strategies for the election; information on internal party dynamics and rising leaders; efforts to influence and implement political decisions; support from local government officials, government elites or business elites; views of the United States; efforts to reach out to other countries, including Germany, U.K., Libya, Israel, Palestine, Syria & Cote d'Ivoire; as well as information about party and candidate funding.

Is anyone really surprised that the CIA wouldn't do a bunch of data collection on major political parties in other nations.?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Way earlier, there was a report that said Mike Flynn wasn't in legal trouble with the FBI.

WaPo is now reporting that Flynn told the FBI that he didn't discuss sanctions.

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/832344259848261633

quote:

Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn denied to FBI agents in an interview last month that he had discussed U.S. sanctions against Russia with that country’s ambassador to the United States before President Trump took office, contradicting the contents of intercepted communications collected by intelligence agencies, current and former U.S. officials said.

Congress has already requested the call transcripts.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Vengarr posted:

e: seriously do the Trump/NZ thing

Your desire is my whim.

joat mon posted:

Directive 7 Change 1
Friday, February 17th, 2017, is declared as "No Trump Day". Talk about the Trump family, Trump politics, Trump supporters and protesters, and anything else Trumpy (broadly construed) is banned and will be punished accordingly.
If you want to mention a thing about Trump, you must first mention two things (either true or fake news) about New Zealand.
TwoFinger, however, must post two things about Finland.
This shall be a 24 hour ban lasting from 12:00:00 AM CST to 11:59:59 PM CST.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

"‪This... is superTrump... you've seen cocaine Trump , and THIS; THIS IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!! "

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I hope that Comey goes down as well for his part in all of this.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

With Trump holding all of these 2020 campaign rallies, what's to stop a group from planting hundreds or thousands of protestors in a MAGA clad, rascal powered Trojan Horse?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

KildarX posted:

Wikileaks dropped a thing about CIA doing humint and sigint on the 2012 french elections.

Is anyone really surprised that the CIA wouldn't do a bunch of data collection on major political parties in other nations.?

...collecting foreign intelligence is literally their job? Really not seeing a problem here. Or news.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

psydude posted:

With Trump holding all of these 2020 campaign rallies, what's to stop a group from planting hundreds or thousands of protestors in a MAGA clad, rascal powered Trojan Horse?

Wait he's campaigning already? That means a new presidential election is around the corner and no Supreme Court nominees right, Mitch?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Wait he's campaigning already? That means a new presidential election is around the corner and no Supreme Court nominees right, Mitch?

I vaguely remember reading that Trump registered to run for 2020 like the 20th of January. Which really feels much further away than less than a month.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

The Iron Rose posted:

...collecting foreign intelligence is literally their job? Really not seeing a problem here. Or news.

Well, that's just the teaser for the dump. It might be and probably is nothing, but if it came out that the CIA directly had a hand in a foreign election in a similar way to the Russians here in 2016 it would not surprise me.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yea he filed to run already. Doing so made it legally possible for him to collect campaign donations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
apparently Harward said "gently caress NO"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Owned.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

i hope his replacement SecLabor does the same thing.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I click that M Bison thing every time because it's perfect

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women

I think a large part of it was Trump wanting to leave some of Flynn's people in place.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

e: wrong thread!!

A Handed Missus fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I wouldn't suggest filling this out but do read it

https://action.donaldjtrump.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/

trump has an online poll

• Locked thread