Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

the Japan has bad taste meme

Everywhere has bad taste. Only my taste is perfect and impeccable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Darth Walrus posted:

Everywhere has bad taste. Only my taste is perfect and impeccable.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Crazy concept: it's ok to not like things that Japan likes.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

crazy concept: dont hate on shows you havent seen

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

Crazy concept: it's ok to not like things that Japan likes.

We'll have to wait a few months for the soil samples from the base of Mount Fuji to be analysed in order to determine what Japan likes, though. I don't think there's been anything with Norio Wakamoto's pleasing tectonic vibrations for a while, so I hear they're relying on migration patterns and rainfall estimates for their best guess.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
did you know the audience of people who like kemono friends is not exclusively japanese people

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also Japan, or any nation,is not something you can generalize like that

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Kemono Friends' CG is so bad that it kind of wraps around to endearing, and there's enough love still put into the character designs and like, voice acting and movement and stuff that it winds up drawing you in anyway, especially after it brings in some more characters in the first couple of episodes. It's a pretty simple but fun and positive show and I'm kind of not surprised it's caught on once more people actually gave it a chance (which was helped by a healthy dose of Twitter and 2ch memery). It's the sort of show you can just turn your brain off and enjoy sugo~i and tanoshii~ time with the Friends watching them goof around as they try and solve their little problems.

I also think it has somewhat of a Touhou effect in that the show art is poo poo but the designs are solid enough that people feel compelled to draw their own fanart and silly animal jokes, which then get passed around and spread awareness of the show further.

I mean if it ain't your thing that's totally cool but I definitely think it's something the healing-type/SoL crowd should give a shot.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I wouldn't even count myself in that crowd and I really enjoyed it from episode 3 onwards. As for the cg, it started to feel less noticeably bad at the same point. maybe just because I was enjoying everything else enough, I'm not sure.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

America sucks!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

littleorv posted:

America sucks!

True.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Davincie posted:

crazy concept: dont hate on shows you havent seen

i watched the first episode when it came out and dropped it part way through

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

littleorv posted:

America sucks!

A tough, but fair assessment.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Fake news. Actually America blows.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fangz posted:

Fake news. Actually America blows.

Also true.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Won't lie, am morbidly interested in seeing the Yellowstone Caldera erupt in my lifetime

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
:same:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Not for the next 4 years, at the very least. No thankee.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

It's Showtime?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Marginal#4 is still good

https://u.nya.is/kmiwpc.mp4

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

This is so goddamn corny lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

scratch that, this bit is even better

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

It's funny, but I expected that to go in a different direction.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

an actual dog posted:

This is so goddamn corny lol

So corny, but I couldn't be more pleased.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DID SOMEBODY SAY BIG O

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
BIG O BIG O BIIIG O

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

NEGOTIATOR
ANDROID
BUTLER
OFFICER

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

If we get more Big O I hope it doesn't acknowledge or make any effort to explain the ending of season 2.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Same. Just start over at the beginning again.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sentai is just a licensing company, so this is presumably an announcement of a new US DVD or bluray release, not more Big O.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

If we get more Big O I hope it doesn't acknowledge or make any effort to explain the ending of season 2.

I'd like it to acknowledge it, retconning it out of spite would be dumb. Season 2 owned, ending and all. At worst it was a little rushed and some of the stuff that the writer later talked about in an interview (basically just about Roger and Dorothy's future in the new world, nothing about the nature of the old world or what happened between Big O and Big Venus would have been nice to see.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'd like it to acknowledge it, retconning it out of spite would be dumb. Season 2 owned, ending and all. At worst it was a little rushed and some of the stuff that the writer later talked about in an interview (basically just about Roger and Dorothy's future in the new world, nothing about the nature of the old world or what happened between Big O and Big Venus would have been nice to see.

I didn't say anything about retconning it - I liked S2's ending quite a bit. I just wouldn't want a new season to get bogged down with the logistics of what actually happened in the ending to the detriment of its thematic weight.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't know if I could accept non-android Dorothy.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
robot dorothy has infinitely more personality than human dorothy

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

dogsicle posted:

scratch that, this bit is even better

Sekkou Boys getting a second season??

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
pachinkO

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The joke is that it's a big Zero actually and is just some prequel to something

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
They are obviously making another season of The Familiar of Zero.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Didn't the author for that die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Didn't the author for that die?
Yeah. He got cancer. The final volume of it's actually coming out this week, though - he had most of it written before he passed. So, honestly, another season of familiar of zero probably is in the cards somewhere.

• Locked thread