Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Maybe if they released Gen2 3 months ago hillary would have won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
It doesn't seem like they're following the Gameboy rule of only catching Ladyba in the morning and Hoothoot at night.

The sense of time was one of the coolest things when I first played Silver, not that it really matters.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Looks like another requested feature is happening. Evolved forms give more candy when caught.

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/832413004478214145

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

Kheldarn posted:

Crossposting from the old thread, since it hasn't been closed yet:

Confirmed this name trick works.

Also... LOL.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Did some more hunting tonight. Got a load of commons. Was able to evolve a Steelix, metal coat +50 candy. Didn't have the Scyther candy for it, or I would have gotten Scizor because he is better :haw:

How common are evo items? I probably hit 50+ stops today and got 1 metal coat and nothing else.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Welp I'll enjoy seeing nothing but Corsola and trash.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

darkwolf220 posted:

How common are evo items? I probably hit 50+ stops today and got 1 metal coat and nothing else.
I hit about 30 stops and found none, they must be pretty rare. I did get a few of each new berry.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I just caught an Azumarill, which my wife informs me is pretty nice?

I'm gonna be so lost with Gen 2, outside of Togepi and :wooper: I don't know jack poo poo about these guys. Early impressions is they're all kinda cute, at least. :kiddo:

Edit: First throw bonuses? Hell yeah.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 17, 2017

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Boywunda posted:

And Dragonite can now get Hurricane.

And Solar Beam is one shotting Vapes. While Hydro Pump is a lot slower. Vapes nerfed pretty bad so far.

Good. I'm loving tired of every gym being Vape, Vape, Vape, Vape, then a couple of Dragonite or Gyarados on top.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Ziddar posted:

Looks like another requested feature is happening. Evolved forms give more candy when caught.

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/832413004478214145

I always said you should get more experience from catching evolved forms since they're harder to catch and give you no extra incentive to do it. This is a good middle ground.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Julio Cruz posted:

Good. I'm loving tired of every gym being Vape, Vape, Vape, Vape, then a couple of Dragonite or Gyarados on top.

This but Rhydon Rhydon Vape Snorlax Rhydon Dragonite Rhydon. No one has Gyarados out here in the desert.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Julio Cruz posted:

That isn't a result of them being the best defenders, they just have high CP and are easy to get.

I've seen a few gyms that were gyarados all the way down. Until they revamp the whole system that's just the way it will be, although we'll probably see a lot of the new mons placed just for the novelty.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

darkwolf220 posted:

Did some more hunting tonight. Got a load of commons. Was able to evolve a Steelix, metal coat +50 candy. Didn't have the Scyther candy for it, or I would have gotten Scizor because he is better :haw:

How? I hit up 30 stops and I didn't get no evolution stones. I'm confused how this works now.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Has any site compiled a list of available move-sets?

What moves can espeon learn? Does naming eevee "Sakura" work?

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
Did Lapras get nerfed? My 2600 Lapras is 2250 now?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
hey so uh did they ever fix gyms being retarded and broken as gently caress? tia

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Divine Styler posted:

Oh poo poo mine did too.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Kheldarn posted:

Crossposting from the old thread, since it hasn't been closed yet:

Looking up on Bulbapedia confirms the continued basis for Eevee name tricks based on the anime. This time it's not names given to Eeveelutions, but to owners of Eeveelutions.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Has anyone used the new eevees in a gym? Are they worth maxing out.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Robokomodo posted:

supposedly one of them has much better attack than vape and almost as good of cp

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The Discord is still maintained also, and last time was a large success for getting people together and catching mons.

Join today!

https://discord.gg/GvATQd6

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Robokomodo posted:

Espeon has like 0 health

Nulity
Sep 26, 2010

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Maybe if they released Gen2 3 months ago hillary would have won

I want to lol but given what it takes to get millennials to do anything this is probably uncomfortably close to the truth :smith:

also I'm on the discord, ausgoon going to sydney in a few days for unrelated reasons but I'm interested in doing some pokemon go too.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Looks like Espeon is the new Jolteon except Psychic moves are a dime a dozen so it's not even that useful. Umbreon should be good though, gen 1 was really missing a good Dark moveset.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

GonSmithe posted:

Espeon has like 0 health

More than Alakazam.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Julio Cruz posted:

Looks like Espeon is the new Jolteon except Psychic moves are a dime a dozen so it's not even that useful. Umbreon should be good though, gen 1 was really missing a good Dark moveset.

Umbeon has a pretty low cp but a pretty good health pool and defense. Hopefully it will be a solution for the snorlax infestation.

Has anyone evolved an umbreon or espeon without using the name trick?

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Buyable trainer clothing also just dropped. Lots of actual pants, shirts, and real hats.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ziddar posted:

Buyable trainer clothing also just dropped. Lots of actual pants, shirts, and real hats.

Who in the actual gently caress actually buys that crap? I couldn't even tell you what clothes my dude is wearing.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

I don't know anything about Gen 2 but I just caught an Amazing level Meganium with vine whip and solar beam and I am going to assume this is cool and good until told otherwise.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Who in the actual gently caress actually buys that crap? I couldn't even tell you what clothes my dude is wearing.

i bought glasses because i wear glasses

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Wobbuffet nest near my apartment. :cool:

Edit: You can also change your avatar from male to female at will, which I don't think you could do before. I'm going as a chick because that's just how PrincessKenny2 rolls.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 17, 2017

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Is PGNexus crapping out on anyone else too? I hope it's just everything getting slammed that's causing it to wig out, but it's not letting me refresh what Pokemon I have.

I'm also withholding powering anything up/evolving until a few days in when there's more data about what's even worth powering up. Blissey having high CP is nice though because my fear was that they would be just low enough CP to end up at the bottom of gyms when low level teammates or idiots put them in there and make the gym impossible to train up.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I'm sick of my avatar wearing Vibrams so if I have to drop real money on something that looks decent I will.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Seeing that beast Blissey posted makes me sad that the only Chansey I've seen since July was a cp18 one I caught at work the day the Valentine event started. At least I've stocked up on Ledybas. "Yay".

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Divine Styler posted:

Yeah, mine lost about 200 cp.

Also I feel like they changed gym mechanics again? It feels much slower with the intention of forcing you to be more deliberate with your moves but its still janky as gently caress. I wish they would just fully commit to making it turn based instead of this garbage

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Willsun posted:

Is PGNexus crapping out on anyone else too? I hope it's just everything getting slammed that's causing it to wig out, but it's not letting me refresh what Pokemon I have.

I'm also withholding powering anything up/evolving until a few days in when there's more data about what's even worth powering up. Blissey having high CP is nice though because my fear was that they would be just low enough CP to end up at the bottom of gyms when low level teammates or idiots put them in there and make the gym impossible to train up.

Base stats are basically set at this point. They're calculated directly from the base stats from the main series. Lapras was the only exception but they adjusted it to match the formula of every other pokemon when gen 2 dropped.

https://thesilphroad.com/species-stats

Assuming this chart is correct, (it hasn't updated lapras) blissey has a higher max CP than vaporeon.

Kelp Plankton posted:

i bought glasses because i wear glasses

If you buy an item once, can you change the color at will?

Also lol at all these people talking about spending "real money" as if they don't have any gyms.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Datasmurf posted:

Seeing that beast Blissey posted makes me sad that the only Chansey I've seen since July was a cp18 one I caught at work the day the Valentine event started. At least I've stocked up on Ledybas. "Yay".

yeah it's cool that of the top 10 or so gym defenders by CP I have no hope of getting half of them and just evolving Eevee after Eevee in the hopes of vaporeons (of which I've had two total compared to 15 of the other two)

edit:

Tyranitar, Dragonite, Snorlax, Rhydon, Gyrados, Blissey (that will SUCK), Vaporeon, Donphan, Espeon, Lapras

of that list it took me til last week to get my first ever gyrados who has crap CP, snorlax don't have enough candy to juice up, same with rhydon, nowhere near a Dragonite, only seem a Lapras once that ran.

good times

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 17, 2017

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Also lol at all these people talking about spending "real money" as if they don't have any gyms.

This might be valid if Gyms were equal opportunity. Right now its "Live in an area with good gym pokemon spawns and a healthy gym scene where no one team dominates" or "get lucky that your team has lockdown the area and you managed to sneak a few mons in there"

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I live in the middle of nowhere, and for the first time ever, I'm pulling in Pokémon without effort whatsoever. I've caught 11 new mons in 30 minutes just by walking around in my backyard and a few more by walking a few yards down the street. Finally the game is playable without driving into town (at least for the moment).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Is Lapras on that list not adjusted for the nerf? Because my Exeggutors and Arcanine currently sit higher on CP than my Lapras which is like 86% IVs and I've walked loads of kilometers to keep it powered all the way up. I highly doubt it's the 10th most powerful one anymore and I'm really disappointed by this because Lapras is a personal fave despite CP tiers. Like, thanks for not nerfing all the ill-gotten Snorlaxes and Dragonites that GPS spoofers target for the most.

• Locked thread