Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Walk into the room meatdress first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

Nihonniboku posted:

Jasmine Masters is quite possibly the worst queen to ever appear on Drag Race.
I don't even remember her; her name's not ringing any bells

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Miss Nomer posted:

I don't even remember her; her name's not ringing any bells

Oh how I envy you

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Pan Dulce posted:

So this happened...

This is hilarious, considering Jasmine stole Alaska's look.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

overseer07 posted:

This is hilarious, considering Jasmine stole Alaska's look.

Basically. Jasmine's look was trashy AF, but completely unintentionally so. She's too stupid to understand any of the irony behind Alaska's look.

But what made people turn on her was not that she had terrible drag. There is a lot of terrible drag in those first couple of cuts every season. Outside of Serena Chacha, I can't think of any other queen that was cut early on that has met as much derision as Jasmine did. It was because she was mean. She immediately attached herself to more talented queens like Kennedy Davenport and Ginger Minj, and as a result just thought she was so much better than the rest of the cast. It was so hard to watch.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 9, 2017

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I was just talking about her horse face

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Jasmine tearing into the younger queens for having absolutely no ability to perform would ring 100% true if not for the fact that Jasmine had absolutely no ability to perform. And that was funny up to a point.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Jasmine's only really entertaining for the rants she posts on youtube when she's high

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Think the Lady Gaga judging means we'll be getting something like "Madonna Throughout The Ages" runway, with her?

They better not do same looks again.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pan Dulce posted:

Think the Lady Gaga judging means we'll be getting something like "Madonna Throughout The Ages" runway, with her?

The challenge is everybody has to recreate the famous Meat Dress. The winner of the mini-challenge at the start of the episode gets to assign different cuts of meat to each contestant. Meats range from flank steak and chicken breast, to bone-in pork shoulder and sweetbreads.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

overseer07 posted:

I was just talking about her horse face

I think a lot of Jasmine's problem is she wears tiny wigs, bobs and other stuff which draws attention to the man face. She needs a lot bigger hair and maybe better makeup contouring and she could get rid of some of the horse face.

But yeah, terrible attitude and not a good performer in spite of bitching about everyone elses' performances.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Pan Dulce posted:

This would be rad as hell, I hope they do that.

It also means that they're going to have to lipsync one of her songs, right? Like I feel bad for queens who have to perform songs in front of the original singers as is, can you loving imagine having to do a Gaga (is a judge really a spoiler??) song when she's RIGHT FUCKIN THERE?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

If these queens could meet the maker of said song and still perform and win, I'm hoping the trend follows:

Dida Ritz (Natalie Cole), Jaidynn Diore Fierce (Ariana Grande), Sahara Davenport (Martha Wash), Shangela (Vanessa Williams), Coco Montrese (The Pointer Sisters), Alexis Mateo (Fantasia Barrino), Willam (Pam Tillis), Chad Michaels (Wynonna Judd), Adore Delano (Paula Abdul), Katya (Olivia Newton-John), Pearl (Demi Lovato), Robbie Turner (Faith Evans), Chi Chi Devayne (Debbie Harry/Blondie)

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

If these queens could meet the maker of said song and still perform and win, I'm hoping the trend follows:

Dida Ritz (Natalie Cole), Jaidynn Diore Fierce (Ariana Grande), Sahara Davenport (Martha Wash), Shangela (Vanessa Williams), Coco Montrese (The Pointer Sisters), Alexis Mateo (Fantasia Barrino), Willam (Pam Tillis), Chad Michaels (Wynonna Judd), Adore Delano (Paula Abdul), Katya (Olivia Newton-John), Pearl (Demi Lovato), Robbie Turner (Faith Evans), Chi Chi Devayne (Debbie Harry/Blondie)

Also, Akashia (Michelle Williams)

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
My wife is watching season 7 again for some drat reason and holy poo poo do I hate that airline stewardess number. There's lot of bad garbage on that season but for some reason that song infuriates me.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yodzilla posted:

My wife is watching season 7 again for some drat reason and holy poo poo do I hate that airline stewardess number. There's lot of bad garbage on that season but for some reason that song infuriates me.

That's literally the only good challenge in season 7 though

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I see dragrace reddit is rushing to praise Nina Bo'Nina Brown for recent instagrams and youtubes where she calls out jeffree star for saying rude and tasteless things in a video she opens by dubbing herself "Osama Bin Laden". I am glad of this. I detest an excess of self awareness dragging down a season of dragrace.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Do we know if Todrick Hall is coming back this season? Given that he'll get maybe 2 minutes of total screentime over the course of the season it won't matter too much but I'd rather have someone who's useful.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I hope not.

Dr. McCheese
Sep 19, 2007
I ♥ Katamari.
This clip of Ross Matthews explaining how he met Lady Gaga includes confirmation that there will be more Todrick.

https://youtu.be/8z7Iqj3vzIg

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

drat it. It sounds like either he's the guest judge or Todrick is. I'm hoping it's a music challenge and her and Todrick are the guests.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I for one am a noisy twink of the YouTube generation, and all I can at is yassss miss todrick make that coin mama

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

tote up a bags posted:

I for one am a noisy twink of the YouTube generation, and all I can at is yassss miss todrick make that coin mama

Could you please explain the appeal of Todrick?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Nihonniboku posted:

Could you please explain the appeal of Todrick?

I was joking I have no idea but then I am old and grumpy

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
https://youtu.be/XJWkzeT4nps

literally all of the queens this season are gorgeous out of drag. h o w

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
I just irl touched Katya and Bob at the same time. This is a good valentines

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Man I never get invited to the good orgies.

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
Taco Defender
I was pretty drunk tuesday, but sasha velour absolutely loving killed it. I know who I'm rooting for season 9

https://twitter.com/yush1ny/status/831873512948260864

https://twitter.com/yush1ny/status/831869051655880707

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
holy poo poo that gollum

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Ok yeah, that Gollum number convinced me. Is she who we're rooting for?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

As ever, this thread will be rooting solely for the ascension of Ross Matthews to permanent judge~

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
You can take Ross Matthews and put him down a pier as far as I'm concerned

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I woulda replaced one of those "Cathy's" with a big Gollum horking noise. But my drag wouldn't know much artistic restraint.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I'm avoiding everything but the meet the queens vids but I may be in love with Sasha :allears:

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
Taco Defender
I took some video from that night too. i suck at recording but if you want to see katya, bob, some other queen, and sasha's stuff from a different angle, here's what I got https://goo.gl/photos/FYL1BJc1FFJUtL8F9. If you ever get an opportunity to go to shows like this, loving do it.

Illusive Fuck Man fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Feb 17, 2017

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Holy. poo poo. I am officially on team Sasha now. I have never seen anything like her projection work before. You ever see a queen do 20 costume changes during one song without moving an inch? Now you can say you have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIm9mp5eiVs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-cgMtSSjMY

It's a shame that she likely won't be able to use any of it during the competition, but wow, does she give good face.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 18, 2017

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Wow, that stuff is cool. I'm going to go see Sasha in a couple weeks. She was one of my favorites from the Meet the Queens videos, but drat, the Gollum/Wuthering Heights thing, and the projection... so unique!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I'm not sure if I'm just tired or something but this is the funniest thing I've seen in ages. make sure the sound is up. also I forgot how to link stuff.
https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_oeo0yuO3SV1vd0zd1_480.mp4#_=_

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Feb 20, 2017

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

the escape goat posted:

I'm not sure if I'm just tired or something but this is the funniest thing I've seen in ages. make sure the sound is up. also I forgot how to link stuff.
https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_oeo0yuO3SV1vd0zd1_480.mp4#_=_ is the funniest thing I've seen in ages. make sure the sound is up.

what the gently caress? being kandy's lasting legacy is just magical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

So... these series of incidents happened this week:

EDIT: More, this time on twitter

Then this did:

It never seems to end with him

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 26, 2017

• Locked thread