Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
poo poo goes sideways!

Took a couple hours to wander around and play last night after the janky server issues smoothed out and was surprised to see that some mons will dodge your balls or actually move sideways, and diagonally.

Probably old news, but it got my attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Anyone figured out the items for some of the evolutions? I only have 16 porygon candies but seems kind of impossible to get Porygon 2 if I need that item anyway.

Porygon2 needs the Upgrade item. Steelix and Scizor need metal coat. Slowking and Politoed need a king's stone. Kingdra needs a dragon scale. Bellossom and Sunflora need a sun stone.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 17, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Olothreutes posted:

Porygon2 needs the Upgrade item. Steelix and Scizor need metal coat. Slowking and Politoed need a king's stone. Kingdra needs a dragon scale. Bellossom and Sunflora need a sun stone.

Where do you get these items? Are they purchased or found at stops?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

seiferguy posted:

Found at stops. Friend got a sunstone when we were out for a walk earlier.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
alright I stopped playing for a while and every gym has strong as gently caress pokemon

am I basically supposed to grind my trainer level up to get a higher pokemon max like before or how does this work

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

seiferguy posted:

You find them at stops, but they are quite rare. I was out for several hours last night and got a single one, my wife got none.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Besides the name trick the apparent way to get espeon and umbreon is to walk with an eevee buddy for 10km then evolve them during the day or at night, respectively.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

In addition to evolution catches giving more Candy, it looks like they come with more Stardust. I just caught a Ledian and it gave me 300 stardust out of the catch as well as 5 candy.

I_Socom fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 17, 2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Lures are still working for 6 hours (i think). pretty nice

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

:siren: best part of the update: iOS no longer cuts your background music/podcasts to 50% volume :siren:

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Olothreutes posted:

You find them at stops, but they are quite rare. I was out for several hours last night and got a single one, my wife got none.

Is it possible to have more than one evolution item in your backpack? I got a sun stone on my first spin yesterday but nothing else despite spinning what must have been ~50 stops.

Cwmagain
Jul 30, 2011

Caffeine only diet leads to paranoia and... the shakes!
My Lapras just took a 300 point hit in CP, what gives o.O?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

eonwe posted:

alright I stopped playing for a while and every gym has strong as gently caress pokemon

am I basically supposed to grind my trainer level up to get a higher pokemon max like before or how does this work

pretty much (yes it sucks)

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Cwmagain posted:

All Lapras were nerfed in that way

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Cwmagain posted:

Per the centralized gen 2 release facts post on Reddit:

quote:

Lapras as been nerfed. Mine went from 2834CP to 2470CP. We knew that Lapras had been left untouched by the end of november stat rebalance and that the new conversion formula was supposed to nerf him. He unfortunately got this overdue change.

Other pokemon CP seem untouched.

e: beaten like a post-patch Lapras

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
how the gently caress do people have 3000+ cp tyranaowhatsits in gyms already

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

BrianBoitano posted:

:siren: best part of the update: iOS no longer cuts your background music/podcasts to 50% volume :siren:

AMEN

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Olothreutes posted:

What evolved to sunflora?

And loving instinct has hit all my gyms with 3-4 blissey towers. My revenge is to kick out all the lower Mon and leave the bitches so instinct had a loving hard time putting anyone back in.

Seriously what takes down a blissey? I always time out!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

BrianBoitano posted:

This was fixed last update, but yeah, best patch ever.

Stuck a maxed 2700-something cp/355hp wonder Blissey at the bottom of a lev10 gym :lol:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

Has to be cheaters, is there a legitimate way to get one within 12 hours of a release?

jeef
Jun 1, 2004

Might take more than one person to hammer them down. Luckily I haven't encountered any, but one of my 2800+ CP vapes is about to be first one out of a Level 9 gym, ftge.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

BrianBoitano posted:

That was super easy to fix, you just needed to swipe up, left, and tweak the time bar of the track you were listening to. Though not needing to do that anymore is really nice.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
FYI:

Apart from the name trick, it looks like 10k+ walked eevee revolved in day = espeon, evolved at night = umbreon. Gonna test this some more.

Sad that espeon > umbreon, I like umbreon way better.

The sheer quantity of trash Pokémon is still a bummer :(

E: also the # of pogo players here is small enough there aren't that many lures, no nests are mapped, and submission based trackers don't work. I guess I'll just explore, but definitely makes me appreciate release in a big city.

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 17, 2017

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Der Meister posted:

Has to be cheaters, is there a legitimate way to get one within 12 hours of a release?

If you luck out, sure. Level 30 evolved stuff shows up in the wild.

But multiples? Yeah, either they found a Larvitar nest or they're sniping.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

mastershakeman posted:

A perfect catch would be around that high. I saw someone get a 2700 Tyranitar off a lure.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Seriously what takes down a blissey? I always time out!

Dazzling Gleam Blissey will counter Dragonite, Tyranitar and Machamp. I doubt Alakazam has enough stamina to defeat Blissey in time.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Der Meister posted:

You would need to catch around 32 Larvitars, assuming you transferred all but one of them, for the 125 candies (3+1 candies each). If you used Pinap Berries on all of them, and none of them ran away, you'd only need to catch around 17 (6+1 candies each).

So it's theoretically doable, but you'd have to get lucky and find a Larvitar nest or two.

e: or get REALLY lucky and just catch a wild Tyranitar, yeah.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Is Unown in?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

mastershakeman posted:

apparently all nests have gen 2 in them now

This is false, the park near me is a Mankey nest at the moment.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Huh, since when was there a First Throw EXP bonus? That's neat.

e: god drat it Magikarp stop turning into Ditto, I need another Gyarados :argh:

jeef
Jun 1, 2004

I noticed there's a new catch bonus if you catch a pokedog with the first ball.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Also,

Did they really change the baby egg distances so soon? No 10k babies any more? Pichu is back down to 2k, as well.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Aww man, Skarmory is a 10km egg? I saw a wild one on my way to work and it ran away :(

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

mastershakeman posted:

Lures are still working for 6 hours (i think). pretty nice

Correct. I'm 99% sure the official Twitter account said this goes until 4PM PST on Saturday.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
drat new battling is rough. I used to be able to wreck 3k Dragonites with my 2k Frost Breath/Blizzard Cloyster. Just fought one and half the time the Dragonite killed me before getting blizzard off even once

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is Skarmony a good pokemon? I found a CP80 one, caught it and was like "hey looks cool."

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I just caught a bear with a moon on its face. Is that good? I don't know whats going on any more.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

Sanford posted:

I just caught a bear with a moon on its face. Is that good? I don't know whats going on any more.

I got one too and would also like to know.

Is there some place to find (and submit, for that matter) data on the relative rarity of pokemon in this game, gen II or otherwise? Maybe something that archives scan query results so I can see "yeah there are like a billion Venonat in Portland but if you see a Geodude you should probably put some effort into getting it"?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
50+ spins and no superrare items. It's going to be interesting to see what the rate is on these.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Sentret, Swinub and Natu are everywhere here. Caught a couple each of Wooper, Marill, Hoothoot, Murkrow and Sneasel too.

I like the first catch bonus, gives you an incentive to throw at trash mons even when you don't have a lucky egg.

Pinap berries give more of a candy bonus on evolved mons so that's nice too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Visual Sneeze posted:

Is there some place to find (and submit, for that matter) data on the relative rarity of pokemon in this game, gen II or otherwise? Maybe something that archives scan query results so I can see "yeah there are like a billion Venonat in Portland but if you see a Geodude you should probably put some effort into getting it"?

I think you can use the Global Nest Atlas that way if you search for individual species.

• Locked thread