Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I see. We've a thread full of people fine with DLC T-Shirts but unlockable waifu constumes are too far.

I just don't get it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

PerrineClostermann posted:

I see. We've a thread full of people fine with DLC T-Shirts but unlockable waifu constumes are too far.

I'm not fine with DLC t-Shirts and lol at "unlockable"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Someone post more rad gifs like that glider one so we can get past this terrible discussion

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm hoping for motion control assisted aiming even when you use disconnected joycons.

The motion control in the 3ds Majora's Mask rules.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Agreed with all of that. I'm not sure how it would work with the Joy-Cons exactly, but it's definitely possible with the hardware.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Pretty sure gyro aiming is in even with the joycons separated

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I look forward to the Linkle story mode DLC.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Warning: Spoilers are out there now

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Well... where?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Dave posted:

Well... where?

Iunno, I just know they're out there.

Somewhere

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
please don't spoil the fact that Link is really a girl

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
EDIT: Nervermind. I don't want to add fuel to the Overwatch complaining in the Zelda thread

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

:siren: Deluxe Baller Guide is now available for low, low price of $79.99.:siren:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

drat, I want that but I cannot possibly justify spending $80 on a guide.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

RCarr posted:

drat, I want that but I cannot possibly justify spending $80 on a guide.

well, amazon's price guarantee should make it significantly cheaper. The CE went from $39.99 to $23.99 pretty fastZ

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Iunno, I just know they're out there.

Somewhere

You have yet to show any solid evidence of the existence of these so called spoilers, Mulder.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I'm not fine with DLC t-Shirts and lol at "unlockable"

He's right though, you can buy any costume you want in Overwatch with ingame currency from level ups, you're just not likely to be able to get all the ones you might want.

You're not buying that extra dungeon with rupees.

E: And as it turns out the Overwatch system isn't particularly good either and two things can be bad simultaneously!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I will rescue the Princess. With my sword.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Waltzing Along posted:

I will rescue the Princess. With my sword.

😳😬

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

glassyalabolas posted:

:siren: Deluxe Baller Guide is now available for low, low price of $79.99.:siren:

Doubling in price from the other one is pretty lovely. I guess I'll just live without it.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Link between worlds question. My girlfriend is playing through this, and has questions about the save system that I can't answer because I've never played it.

She says that whenever she dies, if she presses continue, the game threatens to take away the bow she is renting. Instead she just powers off the DS, cause she doesn't want to lose the bow. She's dying to the 1st boss (this is the first game she's played in years), and because of this she basically has to redo the entire dungeon everytime she loses, because the only save point is at the start.

What happens if she actually hits continue? Does she have to run all the way back to town and re-rent the bow? Do you really need to repeat the entire dungeon everytime you die to the boss or is she doing something wrong?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Megasabin posted:

Link between worlds question. My girlfriend is playing through this, and has questions about the save system that I can't answer because I've never played it.

She says that whenever she dies, if she presses continue, the game threatens to take away the bow she is renting. Instead she just powers off the DS, cause she doesn't want to lose the bow. She's dying to the 1st boss (this is the first game she's played in years), and because of this she basically has to redo the entire dungeon everytime she loses, because the only save point is at the start.

What happens if she actually hits continue? Does she have to run all the way back to town and re-rent the bow? Do you really need to repeat the entire dungeon everytime you die to the boss or is she doing something wrong?

She's doing it wrong. The dungeons provide shortcuts if you actually keep save file. Renting items is not that expensive.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

deadly_pudding posted:

She's doing it wrong. The dungeons provide shortcuts if you actually keep save file. Renting items is not that expensive.

As in the shortcuts open up after you die? Cause she's making it to the boss each time, which makes me assume she's probably going through the whole dungeon and discovering any shortcuts that are there?

Also she isn't concerned with the renting cost. She doesn't want to have to run all the way back to town to rent it again every single time she dies. That's the main reason she's turning the DS off everytime.

Megasabin fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 17, 2017

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Megasabin posted:

As in the shortcuts open up after you die? Cause she's making it to the boss each time, which makes me assume she's probably going through the whole dungeon and discovering any shortcuts that are there?

Also she isn't concerned with the renting cost. She doesn't want to have to run all the way back to town to rent it again every single time she dies. That's the main reason she's turning the DS off everytime.

No, like halfway through the dungeon you activate a warp between there and the entrance, and it's usually much closer to the boss door as well. Things like that and solved puzzles are persistent, so she's just not bothering to go back to the entrance and save after she gets the warp switched on.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Maybe the boss she's dying at is the miniboss, so she's not even activating that warp

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Megasabin posted:

Does she have the bell? If so she can quick travel between every save point on the overworld. I'm not sure how early you get it but I don't think it's missable.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Megasabin posted:

There's a fast travel system :psyduck:
You summon the witch using the bell and she'll fly you to any weather vane you've activated.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

glassyalabolas posted:

Amazon has the Deluxe Edition of the guide landing page.

By god, it's beautiful.

Why does it release a month after the game is out?

PerrineClostermann posted:

Loot Crates sound good in theory, you get rewarded for leveling up, but the higher your level the less you actually level up so the less crates you get. 90% of the things you can even get are awful poo poo (voice lines/sprays/icons) that no one gives a gently caress but it's there to pad things and lower your chances of getting something you do want (an actual skin). Also, the fact that you can get duplicates is total bullshit, and those dupes only get you a laughable amount of dumb e-currency that takes forever to build up just so you can spend on one thing and probably spend a lot of time building up again. Or you can spend real money trying your luck to get what you want and end up with poo poo. It makes money so that's why you see it in so many god drat games now. It's worse in game like Battlefield 1 where skins are left purely to chance, there's no way to directly spend real or fake money on what you want and at least Overwatch gives you that much.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
She's dying to the 1st boss. Yagu. I'm not sure she has a bell. I'm gonna tell her to go back and save after finishing the puzzles.

What about her concern that if she died and the shopkeeper took her bow, that she would have to run all the way back to town. Is that what would happen if she hit continue?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yes you have to go back to Ravio's house and re rent the bow. It doesn't take that long, certainly not as long as redoing the dungeon over and over.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Megasabin posted:

She's dying to the 1st boss. Yagu. I'm not sure she has a bell. I'm gonna tell her to go back and save after finishing the puzzles.

What about her concern that if she died and the shopkeeper took her bow, that she would have to run all the way back to town. Is that what would happen if she hit continue?

If she dies in a dungeon she will have the option to spawn back in the dungeon or the rental area. So she would just have to run back or fast travel to the dungeon from there.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is there a Zelda game besides LoZ (maybe LoZ II as well?) that doesn't let you save at any point? Granted some games require you to go to an actual object to save, but they all let you complete a dungeon, go save, prepare and then come back for the boss.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Thanks. I knew it didn't sound like she was doing things correctly, but I didn't know what advice to give without playing the game. When I brought up the portal she said she had been not going in it, because she didn't know where it would go. It's kind of funny how far intrinsic video game logic gets you, and how much people struggle without any.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The Legend of Zelda is a video game about being courageous.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Is there a Zelda game besides LoZ (maybe LoZ II as well?) that doesn't let you save at any point? Granted some games require you to go to an actual object to save, but they all let you complete a dungeon, go save, prepare and then come back for the boss.

You can save at any point in Zelda 1 and 2 by pressing a button combo on controller 2 while it's paused. You have to use save points in Skyward Sword and Link Between Worlds, and Majora's Mask has a weird save system.

E: missed your point about save points. So yeah I think Majora's Mask is the only one.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 17, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Tell her to run around killing mobs in the overworld until she can buy the bow. Then do the dungeon.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Maybe you should just sever

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lol if anyone is losing to the first boss. Jesus. What a joke.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

Tell her to run around killing mobs in the overworld until she can buy the bow. Then do the dungeon.

you can't buy stuff before entering he dark world i think.

mabels big day posted:

Lol if anyone is losing to the first boss. Jesus. What a joke.

don't do this, please

my best advice is to tell your girlfriend that running back to the dungeon doesn't take very long, and it won't take any time at all once she has the bell, which iirc you get wandering around the overworld after the first dungeon. also, on the game over screen, there is an option to start directly from Link's house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Tell her to Git Gud.