Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
But then you get into the territory of being able to lump people or other issues into those forbidden discussion topics, and from there anyone discussing those other things are shunned/banned/etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah it can totally get out of control. I remember a thread where anyone who didn't 100% agree with (or even understand) the OP was shouted at and accused of being a crypto-alt-right racist and needed to be banned right now. I've gotten some weird and seen some weird probations in D&D, it's often over-reactions due to the history of the thread and past trolling. Like you accidentally said some magic word or phrase than normally wouldn't cause any problem, but a month ago there was some poo poo-storm derail trolling that started by asking that question or using that language so the trigger happy mods fighting to keep the thread from melting down have shoot to kill orders. That's when D&D can get really lovely.

Baronjutter has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Feb 17, 2017

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah it can totally get out of control. I remember a thread where anyone who didn't 100% agree with (or even understand) the OP was shouted at and accused of being a crypto-alt-right racist and needed to be banned right now. I've gotten some weird and seen some weird probations in D&D, it's often over-reactions due to the history of the thread and past trolling. Like you accidentally said some magic word or phrase than normally wouldn't cause any problem, but a month ago there was some poo poo-storm derail trolling that started by asking that question or using that language so the trigger happy mods fighting to keep the thread from melting down have shoot to kill orders. That's when D&D can get really lovely.

Not that I would ever post in d&d proper or spend my time doing this, but maybe read the thread before posting in it and you won't get probed for dragging up tired poo poo

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The only unappetizing thing to me about it is that it's from a can. Other than that it's just like any other processed ham-like precooked meat.

It's definitely better cooked than cold though, I couldn't imagine eating it on a sandwich like deli ham.

Spam with mustard on a croissant is actually good.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Mustard is the best condiment.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

Not that I would ever post in d&d proper or spend my time doing this, but maybe read the thread before posting in it and you won't get probed for dragging up tired poo poo

Some of those threads are like 100+ pages.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If you think I'm going to spend anymore effort into reading a thread than writing my posts you can think again mister!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

More like oldeffortless.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ghost rider was a good movie

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I enjoy most of the forums with the exception of TCC which I enjoy also but in a more judgmental and condescending way.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Aramek posted:

Mustard is the best condiment.

It goes on so many things, it's kinda amazing. My unpopular contribution; regular French's mustard is the best. gently caress the expensive dijon, weird spiced, or whatever bullshit food snobs want to eat, regular yellow mustard is the best.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Being required to agree with the op literally goes against d&d's name

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

Being required to agree with the op literally goes against d&d's name

"read the thread" does not mean "agree with the op"

with a post like that I think you would fit right in in d&d

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

"read the thread" does not mean "agree with the op"

with a post like that I think you would fit right in in d&d

With multiple 500+ page threads that is an unreasonable requirement. The minimum requirement should be checking the past few pages to see if your argument has been brought up, but otherwise in a debate forum any argument should be welcomed. If it's a rehash of something that already happened, link it to them instead of probating them.

In any case, every time I look at threads in there it's just echo chambers and if someone disagrees they are a troll and get probed/banned. It is not a debate forum in any sense of the word.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
As someone who probably still has most of their posts in dd and was never probated, you are wrong.

And i Post some crazy poo poo sometimes.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

It goes on so many things, it's kinda amazing. My unpopular contribution; regular French's mustard is the best. gently caress the expensive dijon, weird spiced, or whatever bullshit food snobs want to eat, regular yellow mustard is the best.

The only yellow mustard I can find that compares to French's is Plochman's, which is also super cheap and delicious. And I love that honey and pineapple mustard you get in Hickory Farms gift sets, but it's really hard to find. :(
Mustard is great, man.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

With multiple 500+ page threads that is an unreasonable requirement. The minimum requirement should be checking the past few pages to see if your argument has been brought up, but otherwise in a debate forum any argument should be welcomed. If it's a rehash of something that already happened, link it to them instead of probating them.

In any case, every time I look at threads in there it's just echo chambers and if someone disagrees they are a troll and get probed/banned. It is not a debate forum in any sense of the word.

I think a reasonable half way point might be to edit the OP to include any of these majorly rehashed derails and then maybe if you can't be bothered to check the first post you should eat a probation. That seem fair?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Das Boo posted:

The only yellow mustard I can find that compares to French's is Plochman's, which is also super cheap and delicious. And I love that honey and pineapple mustard you get in Hickory Farms gift sets, but it's really hard to find. :(
Mustard is great, man.

Plochman's discontinued Chicago Fire which was their regular yellow with tobasco sauce mixed in. I'll never forgive them for this because now I'm back to mixing it myself like a goddamned commoner!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The OP should keep their first post updated with rules of the thread if she wants some standard of discussion to be maintained. If she doesn't do that, it's her problem that new posters aren't as good as she would like.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

The OP should keep their first post updated with rules of the thread if she wants some standard of discussion to be maintained. If she doesn't do that, it's her problem that new posters aren't as good as she would like.

Threads shouldn't have rules. There should be forum rules and that's it.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
People who report posts to the limit for the day should be banned.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Threads shouldn't have rules. There should be forum rules and that's it.

I beg to differ! Within reason, of course, and with mods having the last say. Threads should be focused and constrained if they ostensibly aim to provide thoughtful debate, as DnD claims.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CowboyKid posted:

People who report posts should be banned.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CowboyKid posted:

People who post should be banned.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

CowboyKid posted:

Ban people.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

CowboyKid posted:

posts should be banned

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
https://i.imgsafe.org/7a2c8b74ea.png

modedit: linked for tom brady

Somebody has a new favorite as of 20:41 on Feb 18, 2017

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff
Danny Brown's voice isn't annoying.

Hip-hop skits need to make a comeback, especially since more rappers seem to take themselves less seriously.

Screamin' Jay Hawkins. Period.

It's absolutely worth the money to see someone DJ if they do it right and don't just press play on a laptop. I saw Biz Markie DJ on his 50th birthday and it was amazing.

Speaking of The Biz, I legitimately prefer him singing "Benny and The Jets" over Elton John.

I mean listen to this poo poo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puuS9H6eTuw

Tony Bologna has a new favorite as of 05:45 on Feb 18, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tony Bologna posted:

Danny Brown's voice isn't annoying.
If this were that popular of an opinion he wouldn't be successful.

quote:

Hip-hop skits need to make a comeback, especially since more rappers seem to take themselves less seriously.

Dear God no

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Those skits are worse than when athletes do SNL.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the only thing worse than bad snl is 2016-present snl

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Bologna posted:

Screamin' Jay Hawkins. Period.

He was a pretty cool guy.

zh1
Dec 21, 2010

by Smythe
biz markie fuckin' rules

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

spit on my clit posted:

the only thing worse than bad snl is 2016-present snl

I literally haven't seen a single skit in years but I'm assuming you don't like it because it's increasingly political in a liberal way

Which is how SNL always has been during hectic political climates

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aesop Poprock posted:

I literally haven't seen a single skit in years but I'm assuming you don't like it because it's increasingly political in a liberal way

Which is how SNL always has been during hectic political climates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG-_ZDrypec

edit: also this is how it has been since the results of the election

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 08:01 on Feb 18, 2017

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

spit on my clit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG-_ZDrypec

edit: also this is how it has been since the results of the election

Have they done anything else even remotely like that

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Aesop Poprock posted:

If being offensively unfunny counts as remotely like that then yes, every week.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

If being offensively unfunny counts as remotely like that then yes, every week.

Fair enough

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aesop Poprock posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLYfwprjtog

there's no jokes here. he says bigly and is a misogynist while the other side shows how intelligent they are, but those aren't jokes. yeah, they're right, donald trump is a retarded ape, but that is not a joke. puckering your lips and saying "YUUUUUUUUGE" is not a joke.

It's the same stuff we saw during the election, for example,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

spit on my clit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLYfwprjtog

there's no jokes here. he says bigly and is a misogynist while the other side shows how intelligent they are, but those aren't jokes. yeah, they're right, donald trump is a retarded ape, but that is not a joke. puckering your lips and saying "YUUUUUUUUGE" is not a joke.

That was pretty bad