Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

HBomb posted:

A year of German ins Universitaet and I never learned that the word for "sandwich" is "marmalade bread."

They're fairly liberal with some of the translations. Wochenende is weekend, not holiday, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I wonder if they're taking the kid to an Ingrid Bergman festival or an Ingmar Bergman festival.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Wrong thread. That's weird.

Bombadilillo has a new favorite as of 06:11 on Feb 17, 2017

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

HBomb posted:

A year of German ins Universitaet and I never learned that the word for "sandwich" is "marmalade bread."

You also didn't learn that die Universität is feminine, so your sentence should have started "A year of German in der Universität..." :eng101: Also Butterbrot = sandwich. Marmeladenbrot = jam sandwich.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
So in conclusion, brot means bread and marmalade means marmalade. And that concludes our intensive year of german in university.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Is this what crazy conspiracy people refer to when they speak about "the homosexual agenda" ?

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
The child is being damaged and will grow up a serial killer without the comforting presence of an abused woman

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Frank has the carefully-groomed moustache and eerily-pale skin of a child molester.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

No self-respecting gay German man would look quite that Hitler-y, I'd think.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hjalmar posted:

No self-respecting gay German man would look quite that Hitler-y, I'd think.

Correct, but according to a prominent Australian newspaper cartoonist the Australian gays are super Nazi-esque

They are trying to force the rest of the country to accept Same Sex Marriage and that makes them fascists, you see.

This is turning into such a garbage country. :negative:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Canada's been under Gay Sharia Law since the 70s. Things aren't all bad though! On Saturdays they beat us cis straight scum with regular wooden bats instead of the ones with nails in them.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The more homophobic cartoons I see the more I want the gay armies to finish up conquest of the earth already.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

In diesse thread, wir hassen Achewood zusammen.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

lol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
He should have called his clown character something else if he already uses Vinnie for his main job as a hitman.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Was waiting for some kind of homophobic twist and was glad it never happened and I love this and it's wonderful and thank you for posting it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm irritated at "love is the only way to achieve happiness" cause that should be "love is the most beautiful way to achieve happiness" (lit. "be happy" but whatevs, it works), but yeah, this is legit. It's a whole book, too. From 1994 even!

Unmature
May 9, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

From 1994 even!

Holy crap. I couldn't see this getting published in the US NOW. I man, especially now with all the you know...

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Is it 2 different guys, one's a clown and another one a hitman? Because, their phone number is off by 1 digit, while fax number is identical.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Nitrox posted:

Is it 2 different guys, one's a clown and another one a hitman? Because, their phone number is off by 1 digit, while fax number is identical.

C'mon dude, this isn't Perry Bible Fellowship rocket science.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Have you never heard of cover? It is clear the hit man thing is his cover for the less socially acceptable clowning

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Nitrox posted:

The clown's fax number is a typo.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Is this what crazy conspiracy people refer to when they speak about "the homosexual agenda" ?

The assumption is that the two dudes will force the kid to be gay when growing up. The crazies also assume that every gay person is a pedophile as well pretty much by default so you'd have lots of people reading that assuming that they aren't just a couple gay guys involved in raising a kid but a couple of gay guys abusing said kid and forcing them to be gay. That's the homosexual agenda they scream about.

There are people who seriously believe that gayness is caused by the devil so every awful thing you can imagine is attached to gayness in some way or another. These are the same people that believe that God hates the gays so obviously America's problems right now exist because we're becoming increasingly tolerant and less homophobic. Any time something bad happens it's God punishing us for falling further to the influences of Satan because the devil is the only possible reason that gay people exist, right? Thus they believe that the homosexual agenda is actually Satan's agenda so we have to get rid of homosexuality for our own good.

But if you actually talk to a gay person the "homosexual agenda" is best summed up as "hey we'd like to be treated like people and not be hated for being gay, tia." Personally I'd say that's pretty reasonable. I was expecting that to turn out to be some awful homophobic thing too but by the end was all like :3:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I dunno what the situation is like where you live, I live in Israel and I vaguely remember some awfully stupid stuff on a noticeboard claim that the gay agenda is to somehow waste citizen tax money.

I guess the probably ultra religious writer of the notice was trying to reach out to a secular audience.

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 01:52 on Feb 18, 2017

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I dunno what the situation is like where you live, I live in Israel and I vaguely remember some awfully stupid stuff on a noticeboard claim that the gay agenda is to somehow waste citizen tax money.

I'm from rural Pennsylvania. I got told some unbelievably dreadful things growing up. Incidentally that's part of why I both left that area and avoid going back and quit being Christian as a teenager.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I thought the gay agenda was some kind of pink registry of grindr hookups?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The best gay agenda cartoon:

satire

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Karate Bastard posted:

I thought the gay agenda was some kind of pink registry of grindr hookups?

No no, that's the gay directory.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
Ooo can we start posting Kelly cartoons for a page or two, pretty please.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The worst gay agenda cartoon:

http://www.ep.tc/problems/28/01.html

E:This should be a forum tag:

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 02:16 on Feb 18, 2017

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I guess the probably ultra religious writer of the notice was trying to reach out to a secular audience.

מה?!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

הלוואי שהייתי זוכר את הנוסח המקורי.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

הלוואי שהייתי זוכר את הנוסח המקורי.

Just to avoid too much of a derail, here's an iconic one-panel from the late great Israeli cartoonist, Dudu Geva:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

When I was very young my parents gave me that Gay Dads book (In English!) to explain my, well, gay dad. It was pretty great, especially growing up in the Midwest where that sorta thing was not exactly visible.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Sixto Lezcano posted:

When I was very young my parents gave me that Gay Dads book (In English!) to explain my, well, gay dad. It was pretty great, especially growing up in the Midwest where that sorta thing was not exactly visible.

dad gay. so what?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Maxwells Demon posted:

dad gay. so what?

nein papa, ich bin nicht schwul!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!