Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Why are so many of the gen2 pokemons racist?

Gen 3 gives us Probopass and Ludicolo, so we're just getting started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I'm starting to think these special items are a myth.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Der Meister posted:

I'm starting to think these special items are a myth.

they aren't, just expect 1 per 100 pokestops. and then it's random which of the 5 you get.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I got a sun stone to go with all the grass pokes we do not get here.

If you need me I'll be slinging balls at the army of Geodude and rock rhinos around these parts.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

At least that means you got loads of Chanseys during the event. I saw 1 in my city. If I hadn't also flown interstate for the weekend I would've been hosed.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Dr Tran posted:

List of legacy moves and new moves
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/5uiwpu/gen_2_release_centralized_facts/

Looks like Dodrio and Kingler might not be trash anymore.
Hm, some interesting changes now. Some legacy mons must be quite valuable now! Snorlax with Body Slam became even more of a killer defender now that Body Slam has been sped up, but it seems like it won't be possible to get a new one!

I've spun like 150-200 stops by now and didn't get any special items...

Entropist fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 18, 2017

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Same. I'm at about 250 stops.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Welp, my very lovely biome in Gen1 apparently has...

... trash, corsola and wooper.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

endlessmonotony posted:

Welp, my very lovely biome in Gen1 apparently has...

... trash, corsola and wooper.

they did vary it up more. before, my biome in suburban Illinois had the exact same stuff as downtown Chicago. what my wife caught up here vs me downtown was wildly different

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
I could really use a good spreadsheet about now. Anyone know of one with the updated movesets?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I leveled to 32, and also I found that I have a Up-Grade item. Is that only for porygon? Of which I have two and 20 candy? Cool. Don't want to walk this turd but now I gotta.

I only saw one chansey over the valentines event. I got 6 candy out of it. I was walking this miserable gently caress around dreaming of the blissey that would shut down all comers and just as I get to 1 candy my eggs started hatching. I hatched two chanseys in a row. That'll do, PoG. That'll do.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon posted:

I got a sun stone to go with all the grass pokes we do not get here.

If you need me I'll be slinging balls at the army of Geodude and rock rhinos around these parts.

What area are you in? All I get are grass Pokémon. I have caught 4 Geodudes, all being in areas I was traveling to.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

financially racist posted:

holy crap they gave seaking a water-type move :eyepop:

drat it I deleted all my Seakings to make space since I've literally never used one in a fight. Luckily Goldeen is pretty common round here so I can get a couple back if they're gonna be useful-ish now.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Tyranitaur just spawned downtown. gently caress.

Vapeorean would have been great against that beast, but the water moves are so loving slow now!

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
How do you tell what biome you're in?

Edit: vvv sorry, I was just chorus* :shobon:

Edit 2: chorus? *Curious. What the hell drunk me

Psychobabble! fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 19, 2017

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Psychobabble! posted:

pretend i'm wasting your time with like an animated gif of some jungle safari master who touches a poop with his fingertips and licks it gently and the captions I don't know how to add would say "it's an electric biome"

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Cowslips Warren posted:

Has anyone not timed out when battling alone?

It's not impossible. I slayed a 2600 some cp one tonight and I still had 10 seconds to go. And that's also with wasting time changing out 2 Pokemon because I went into it without healing back up. If you have good 130 power moves, it should be doable. And if you need to know I was using Arcanine/Exeggutor/Vaporeon that were all at around half health, powered up all the way so like 2600/2500/2800. Fire Blast, Psychic (1 bar move now?), Hydro Pump.

Not sure how I'd do against a 3000 cp one though.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Duckman2008 posted:

What area are you in? All I get are grass Pokémon. I have caught 4 Geodudes, all being in areas I was traveling to.

Southern Idaho. Lots of rocks and fires not much water and grass.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

In my area it's all hoppips, ladybugs, murkrows and swinubs in West WA. And of course, the dread legion of furrets.

I caught a Cyndaquil though so :coffeepal:

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I just spent 1 day in San Francisco walking around clicking my pogo plus and incubating and have 48 gen 2 pokedex entries. incidentally, I've identified pineco, the pinecone pokémon, as the point they ran out of gen 2 ideas.

Urban vs suburbs v rural still seems kind of hosed. Playing here seems like a whole different experience. There's literally 7 stops I can reach from my hotel room (including the 3 Starbucks on this block...)

Psion posted:

e: also I'm positive I will see a level 10 gym with 10 blisseys any minute now

Found one with 3, then double dragonite. Training those must be horrible though.

E: also, spun ~400 stops, got one special item. Feels like a bad ratio...

foutre fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Feb 18, 2017

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

foutre posted:

incidentally, I've identified pineco, the pinecone pokémon, as the point they ran out of gen 2 ideas.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

foutre posted:

I just spent 1 day in San Francisco walking around clicking my pogo plus and incubating and have 48 gen 2 pokedex entries. incidentally, I've identified pineco, the pinecone pokémon, as the point they ran out of gen 2 ideas.

Urban vs suburbs v rural still seems kind of hosed. Playing here seems like a whole different experience. There's literally 7 stops I can reach from my hotel room (including the 3 Starbucks on this block...)

Found one with 3, then double dragonite. Training those must be horrible though.

E: also, spun ~400 stops, got one special item. Feels like a bad ratio...

gently caress you, pineco and forretress are awesome

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

turn any woman into dog. real magic!

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
I've used BGM to automatically rename and check IV's of everything I catch. It doesn't seem too well supported anymore though, last update was after the baby pokemons came out, and the only fix they did was remove them so it wouldn't crash. So I don't have too high hopes for them updating for Gen 2. Are there any other similar programs I can use to quickly sort through my pokemons?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

What's better to stock up on, houndour, quilfish, or teddyursa? I'm going out for a walk and could stop by a nest or two.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Snowy posted:

What's better to stock up on, houndour, quilfish, or teddyursa? I'm going out for a walk and could stop by a nest or two.

Qwilfish is worthless beyond the dex entry. Depending on where you are, if fire types are rare, go with the hounds. Teddyursa seems to be a pretty goddamn common spawn in my area, at least. YMMV.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Sjonkel posted:

I've used BGM to automatically rename and check IV's of everything I catch. It doesn't seem too well supported anymore though, last update was after the baby pokemons came out, and the only fix they did was remove them so it wouldn't crash. So I don't have too high hopes for them updating for Gen 2. Are there any other similar programs I can use to quickly sort through my pokemons?

A friend pushed me towards IvStats the other day, not sure how accurate it is or anything but he swears by it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Houndour, since Dark types are new to PoGo and we don't know the overall impact they'll have in battling.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Seems like my Karate Chop / Cross Chop Machamp might be better on defense now.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
got a special item first stop of the day, which was my 7 day bonus. if that's a guaranteed drop that'll be great

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

mastershakeman posted:

got a special item first stop of the day, which was my 7 day bonus. if that's a guaranteed drop that'll be great

Same, it's the only special item I've nabbed so far. Guess I'll find out for sure in a week.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Psychobabble! posted:

Edit: vvv sorry, I was just chorus :shobon:

Look at OpenStreetMap.

Then check the amount of pokestops, and how close you are to water and what kind of body of water it is. Other than that, it's the OSM borders.

TheSilphRoad had a spreadsheet of which types of 'mons whichever use corresponds to.

jeef
Jun 1, 2004

Sjonkel posted:

Check the discord. Click the pin in the upper right and there is a link to an updated beta - https://discord.gg/msWVBsx

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

mastershakeman posted:

I've only hit like 30 stops and I've got a dragon scale, pretty sure I got it from my seven day bonus.

e: yeah it definitely was, is still in my journal. 21 items including dragon scale.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Game is almost unplayably buggy now. I cant start it without restarting my phone and it crashes way too often so i have to restart the phone again

Wtf?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

Southern Idaho. Lots of rocks and fires not much water and grass.

So are biomes determined by how many Mormons live in an area?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

scrubs season six posted:

I've only hit like 30 stops and I've got a dragon scale, pretty sure I got it from my seven day bonus.

e: yeah it definitely was, is still in my journal. 21 items including dragon scale.

Gonna pile in on the anecdotal evidence here; my Dragon Scale was also part of my 7 day bonus.

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap
I got up-grade, sun stone and 2 king's rock all in the same day. The 2 kings rocks were about 8 spins apart. It's completely random.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

Away all Goats posted:

Gonna pile in on the anecdotal evidence here; my Dragon Scale was also part of my 7 day bonus.

Same. Dragon Scale on 7 bonus.

Just now my fiancee got a Metal Coat out of an unremarkable pokéstop spin though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite Based
Nov 13, 2004

dance dance sasquatch

Entropist posted:

Snorlax with Body Slam became even more of a killer defender now that Body Slam has been sped up, but it seems like it won't be possible to get a new one!

Snorlax with Zen Headbutt and Body Slam is pretty much the ne plus ultra of gym defenders now. I was trying to prestige against one earlier, and it managed to get off four (!) Body Slams in a row.

If you have one, max it out ASAP because it's an absolute beast of a defender.

• Locked thread