Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Neo Rasa posted:

It can't possibly be as bad as Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage which was like the ultimate insult of being too cheap to license a ton of music from the show, was slow as hell, has a small roster, and only has you fighting like three or four guys at a time. I mean I love Fist of the North Star but after playing some of it even I skipped on picking up. I heard the second one is better but never bothered.

The second one is actually much, much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

how loud is the ps4 pro compared to the launch consoles? the fans on my launch at some times get loud enough i can pick them up over my headset. shits louder than the space heater i use in here.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Sakurazuka posted:

The second one is actually much, much worse.

That's impressive in its own way. :wtc:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my pro is silent. og ps4 was loud af

CrashCat posted:

Valentine is cool and his voice is cool and he can roll to hack terminals so he's never leaving my side

More controversial opinions later

yeah you never need hack skill once you have him

acksplode
May 17, 2004

baram. posted:

how loud is the ps4 pro compared to the launch consoles? the fans on my launch at some times get loud enough i can pick them up over my headset. shits louder than the space heater i use in here.

Doesn't seem any different from my launch model: quiet when it's chill and screaming when it's hot, and it's usually chill. The fans spin faster when the console is warmer so make sure there's no dust, plenty of ventilation, etc. My PS4 got much quieter when I took the back off my media cabinet and let it breathe.

Guillermus posted:

I've never played a Yakuza game. I've never seen gameplay of a Yakuza game before 0. Is it normal that I want to buy it just because of its silly humor and beat everything down?

Neither had I and you should buy it. It's great, like a lost classic PS2 game or something.

acksplode fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 17, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

Samurai Sanders seemed to think it was okay, from what I can tell it's exactly what you'd expect from a Berserk Warriors game for better or for worse. The low playable character count bothers me, it's not a deal breaker though.
I think it's significantly better than other first-of-series Musou games like the first Gundam Musou and Ken's Rage and stuff. It could be improved in many ways but all Musou games could, not that they ever will.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
That Flash Sale on right now is heck of good

Second Son for $8

Bloodborne Complete for $18

GTAV for $30

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

yeah my main problems with the ps4 being loud are when it's on menus that don't have frame limits or something and spin it up to max. it's usually not so bad when i'm playing things.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
Anyone have thoughts on Sniper Elite 4? The large maps, plan your approach type stuff sounded fun in the same kinda way I enjoyed planning an assault on a base in Phantom Pain. Plus, shooting Nazis is appealing right about now, and I already played Wolfenstein.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Met posted:

Anyone have thoughts on Sniper Elite 4? The large maps, plan your approach type stuff sounded fun in the same kinda way I enjoyed planning an assault on a base in Phantom Pain. Plus, shooting Nazis is appealing right about now, and I already played Wolfenstein.

i'm waiting for half price cause while i love sniper games they are sorta budget in production value

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It just occurred to me that I don't even know if the new Nier is just a straight action game or an action RPG with a world to traverse and stuff.

It comes out on the same day as Super Robot Wars V here so that has been consuming most of my thoughts.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's an rpg like the first one

Which is to say it's mostly an action game but you level up and sometimes you pick things in a menu and there's a town or towns where you talk to people and get sidequests and then you leave and run around a world

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 18, 2017

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Second Son for $8

GTAV for $30

I bought ds2 :sigh: I have no will power

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Speaking of Dark Souls 2, it looks like a bunch of people are getting together to start fresh characters on the 25th!
That might mean you'll get more opportunities to summon and be summoned, it definitely means there will be invaders at all times.
It's a good time to play dks2.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Second Son for $8

GTAV for $30

Daaamn. I was planning to make RE7 my Nioh-Nier gap-filler, but I think I might go through the Bloodborne DLC instead.

I hope it recognizes my save file from the disc copy of the game, but I guess I wouldn't mind playing through it again either

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Second Son for $8

GTAV for $30

got DSII and a whole bunch of indie games

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is Don't Starve any good ?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

fit em all up in there posted:

Its a pretty cool survival game, if you're into that stuff.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I prefer it on PC since I can add fun mods. The music, art, and atmosphere is entertaining.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've had The Last of Us since launch and just today I finally got around to beating it (plus Left Behind). God drat what a game and what an ending. Hope they can justify continuing the story in the stairwell.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

I just bought Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin on sale. After Playing Bloodborne, Dark Souls III, and now Nioh... I'm not so sure I'm going to enjoy Dark Souls II :smith:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I hate it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

illBilliam posted:

I just bought Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin on sale. After Playing Bloodborne, Dark Souls III, and now Nioh... I'm not so sure I'm going to enjoy Dark Souls II :smith:

Dual caestus build.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ds2 has a rough start because of the whole adaptability thing, but it's a good game and you should probably enjoy it if you like those other games

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

illBilliam posted:

That's a weird order to play the games in but it's fine. The DLC particularly is really really good quality, probably the high point of the game

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Just gonna pop in and say RE7 is worth every penny, even at $60, even if you don't have VR.

The environment is incredibly creepy, and aside from the first-person view, it very obviously was made to be like the old school RE's.

There's so much poo poo to find and definitely will require multiple playthroughs to get everything, which doesn't seem like a chore, which is always good.

There's plenty of jump scares, obviously aimed at the VR players, but they're generally unexpected enough that my wife jumped and yelled just about every time they appeared. Aside from that, it's the atmosphere that really shines and makes it great. Even when I'd cleared an area, there are still ambient sounds that gently caress with you the entire time you're indoors. The lack of generous amounts of ammo also drives home the survival part of the game. In true to its roots form, you're not going to find tons of ammo around, and as such, you'll find yourself being torn between crafting bullets and crafting first aid. Torn between fighting enemies or running and saving your ammo. There were definitely a couple times I was sweating, coming down to literally the last 2 or 3 shots in certain fights.

If you've been on the fence, let me say that 7 is well worth the full price.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Snak posted:

Dual caestus build.

At least until you get the fist weapon in one of the DLC areas that gives you a radical moveset

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I finally started Nioh tonight. Second enemy killed me, then I finished the Tower without another death. Kind of annoyed I couldn't link light and heavy attacks into a combo, I guess you have to unlock moves. Also feels weird not being able to dash immediately after a combo sometimes, and sometimes I could? Maybe I was out of Ki and not noticing it or something.

The super attacks and stances seem like neat additions to traditional Souls combat. Also was having trouble with Knights when I first met one, and shortly after that had two on my rear end. I kited them to a ledge, and maneuvered them so that I could do a big plunge attack to just gently caress them up entirely. Feels like coming from Souls/Bloodborne really does give you a leg up when it comes to tactics.

illBilliam posted:

Pump adaptability immediately and then just enjoy it as another DS. You should be able to Google what number you need to make the invincibility frames like DaS1.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Better question: Who the gently caress plays open world Bethesda games on anything other than PC, with lots of mods? The base games are always rife with horrid bullshit, mods are what make them playable and good.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Better question: Who the gently caress plays open world Bethesda games on anything other than PC, with lots of mods? The base games are always rife with horrid bullshit, mods are what make them playable and good.

I played a shitload of New Vegas on 360 but I don't know if that counts.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fuzz posted:

The millions of people who buy them on consoles.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

illBilliam posted:

I.. I'm not so sure I'm going to enjoy Dark Souls II :smith:

It's excellent and has some stuff they should have kept in DS3 (dual wielding , bonfire ascetics )

As others have said , the DLC is amazing. It's a huge game and I think I had around 80 hours on my NG play through.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's excellent and has some stuff they should have kept in DS3 (dual wielding , bonfire ascetics )

As others have said , the DLC is amazing. It's a huge game and I think I had around 80 hours on my NG play through.

I need to get off my rear end and finish the DLC. I did one of them

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Which one? I think the snow one is the worst overall but has the best ending of maybe any souls area ever.
The underground city one is amazing, just really good overall. The big fiery tower one is cool too. Bosses are hard as poo poo.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

All the DS2 DLCs have really cool level design (best in the game IMO) and are worth playing for that alone. However the first issue with them is that they all have these optional side areas designed for co-op, and they are pretty much the most obvious indication that namco trying to push the DLCs out one month apart was loving ridiculous because they're the worst content in the entire series. Really unbelievably bad stuff, but clearly the result of just not having enough time. The second issue, which is far less defensible, is that they largely gently caress over any build that isn't based around using a physical melee weapon and iframe rolling through attacks. If you're a wizard for example, then get hosed as you discover every enemy has an enormous amount of elemental resistance relative to their health, and that blocking is often just a good way to get yourself killed.

The first DLC came out at the same time that they patched offensive miracles to be completely loving worthless so it stung even harder, as I was using faith at the time.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Soul Glo posted:

I finally started Nioh tonight. Second enemy killed me, then I finished the Tower without another death. Kind of annoyed I couldn't link light and heavy attacks into a combo, I guess you have to unlock moves. Also feels weird not being able to dash immediately after a combo sometimes, and sometimes I could? Maybe I was out of Ki and not noticing it or something.

The super attacks and stances seem like neat additions to traditional Souls combat. Also was having trouble with Knights when I first met one, and shortly after that had two on my rear end. I kited them to a ledge, and maneuvered them so that I could do a big plunge attack to just gently caress them up entirely. Feels like coming from Souls/Bloodborne really does give you a leg up when it comes to tactics.

Pump adaptability immediately and then just enjoy it as another DS. You should be able to Google what number you need to make the invincibility frames like DaS1.

The tower area is a really limited intro to the game mechanics. Some of the most important mechanics in the game aren't available during it. You won't really get the type if light/heavy combos that you're used to from souls, but there is a combo system, and it's pretty good.

I just beat it. I didn't look at my stats as I am very drunk, but I would guess I spent about 60 hours on it. I didn't do everything yet. I'm level like, 105. It's really good. Like, stupid good.

And the story isn't bad. People will tell you it's bad, but it's not.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Fuzz posted:

I know a boxed PC copy does exist, or at least a box with a code in it or something, but it's a lot easier for some gift givers to find a console copy and wrap that up than trying to figure out the PC thing.

And yeah I was disappointed by the poo poo Sony pulled with the mod support but I've played others modded before and I'm not dying to get that immediately. I'll get the PC version later on sale and it'll be fine.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lots of good flash sales but nothing in EU store. loving hell, I want BB digital so I don't need the bluray at all.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Lots of good flash sales but nothing in EU store. loving hell, I want BB digital so I don't need the bluray at all.

Yeah I borrowed the disc from a friend about four months ago and still haven't given it back 👀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guillermus posted:

It's fairly easy to set up a US account and get PSN money from Amazon.com.