Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cecil and Kain head towards the Cave of Mist. On the way they meet a travelling merchant.
The merchant offers his wares "Dream pies, dream pies! Only 2 gil!"

A.) Buy 1 and have Cecil Eat it.
B.) Buy 2 and have Cecil and Kain eat one
C.) Buy 1 and have Kain Eat it
D.) Buy 10 and have Cecil eat them all.
Deadline for this is 6Pm Eastern

Once votes are locked in they are locked in.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
D sounds like a terrible idea, I'm leaning towards A as being the most likely to have a positive outcome.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

The merchant offers his wares "Cream pies, cream pies! Only 2 gil!"

Cecil would like 10 cream pies
D

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://au.ign.com/wikis/final-fantasy-iv/Travelling_to_Mist

Nothing in the guide about 'dream pies' so may as well go full comedy option.

Both those people are good guys.. so.. 10 pies = 10 amazing benefits

Rarity posted:

D sounds like a terrible idea, I'm leaning towards A as being the most likely to have a positive outcome.

Terribly awesome.

Why Cecil over Kain?
They're both good characters.

In this scenario wouldn't you just give both characters a pie each?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If D is a bad outcome, feel free to turbo me D1 :toot:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Sharing is caring. I think we buy one for each of them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

http://au.ign.com/wikis/final-fantasy-iv/Travelling_to_Mist

Nothing in the guide about 'dream pies' so may as well go full comedy option.

Both those people are good guys.. so.. 10 pies = 10 amazing benefits

Terribly awesome.

Why Cecil over Kain?
They're both good characters.

In this scenario wouldn't you just give both characters a pie each?

Kain isn't really a good guy for the first half of the game. Sure, that might be irrelevant for this choice but it might not be. A feels like the safe choice with the least potential for going wrong.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah live a little.

:siren: Vote D. :siren:

10 times the benefit
or
10 times the detriment

Have some balls. It's either going to be very good for town, or bad in a way that doesn't really effect anyone because it's early game.

Scum will always want to take the 'safest' option to appear the most towny, which you're doing right now.
I hate that sort of boring play, which FF3 mafia suffered from.

Lets grandstand baby~

Also
##vote Rarity

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Boring play is boring. Hiding in the pack is how scum get away with poo poo 9 times out of 10.

Stand out from the crowd and let people make their own opinions of you :colbert:

I choose the bold play, cause I'm a bold person, with bold opinions, who likes bowling.

Vote D, live a little, and lets kick this poo poo up a gear.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

Have some balls.

No thanks, I got those chopped off on purpose :)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How is your castrato career going?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm with you, buddy.

D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

How is your castrato career going?

Not great, the boob implants really get in the way of the diaphragm

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

D LOCKED IN

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
A

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Infinitum posted:

Nah live a little.

:siren: Vote D. :siren:

10 times the benefit
or
10 times the detriment

Have some balls. It's either going to be very good for town, or bad in a way that doesn't really effect anyone because it's early game.

Scum will always want to take the 'safest' option to appear the most towny, which you're doing right now.
I hate that sort of boring play, which FF3 mafia suffered from.

Lets grandstand baby~

Also
##vote Rarity

Setup spec ahoy!

##vote Infinitum - town won FF3 and D was always a bad option so I find it suspicious that Infi is trying to encourage people to choose it.

I choose C - if D is bad, it means dream pies are bad, and since Kain goes all evil in the first half of FF4 I feel like I'd rather have him be the one to eat it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anybody voting for anything except D is voting against pies.

And you know who hates pies?

The cake industry.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This is THE FIRST TIME I'm playing town in one of CPig's FF games and I am AMPed to eat pies there ISN'T a breadcrumb hidden there SO DON'T LOOK.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

town won FF3 and D was always a bad option so I find it suspicious that Infi is trying to encourage people to choose it.

Soooooo your bringing previous game knowledge into this game, assumes it's gonna work the same way this time, and are voting me based on how the game worked last time?

MMT I've seen some dumbass lovely votes in my time man, but fuckin hell mate.

Scum also admitted in FF3 mafs that they preferred the safe options because it meant they didn't stand out, so what even is your point.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

If D is a bad outcome, feel free to turbo me D1 :toot:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

- Voting for A or C is the bland boring vanilla option, that leads to bland boring uninteresting to play mafia. Scum will most likely enjoy this option as it's 'safe'. There's also no way to differentiate who would be the better option to vote for either, there's no info in any walkthrough I can Google for 'dream pies'

- Voting for B at least risks both characters for a good or bad outcome, so I could see it being the go-to option if you can't decide between either character.

- Voting D is the betting it all on black. It's either gonna be super good, or 'bad' enough that it's only D1 and we can easily recover so honestly who gives a poo poo.

Vote D and at least make this game interesting to participate in :colbert:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Infinitum posted:

- Voting for A or C is the bland boring vanilla option, that leads to bland boring uninteresting to play mafia. Scum will most likely enjoy this option as it's 'safe'. There's also no way to differentiate who would be the better option to vote for either, there's no info in any walkthrough I can Google for 'dream pies'

- Voting for B at least risks both characters for a good or bad outcome, so I could see it being the go-to option if you can't decide between either character.

- Voting D is the betting it all on black. It's either gonna be super good, or 'bad' enough that it's only D1 and we can easily recover so honestly who gives a poo poo.

Vote D and at least make this game interesting to participate in :colbert:

I've changed my mind.

According to the OP since there's no extra systems or mechanics in this game, this may be purely to make CPig write weird flavor and until I'm shown differently, I think I'm okay with going weird.

Option D

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Trying to decide if MMT is dumbass town, or trying to manufacture a dialogue against me.

Like I gave everyone the easy out option of voting me if this turns out bad... Yet he votes me early and chooses not to vote D anyway.

Leaning scum more than dumb atm.
Bringing up previous game minigame voting meta was reaaaaal dumb tho

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Infinitum posted:

Trying to decide if MMT is dumbass town, or trying to manufacture a dialogue against me.

Like I gave everyone the easy out option of voting me if this turns out bad... Yet he votes me early and chooses not to vote D anyway.

I don't think it's the worst argument in the world to recall how things went in previous games- it worked well for town before. In this case though, I'm happy to see how this works out and if it sucks for us then we go in a different direction next time.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Lets Vote D baby!

peramene posted:

Pussy Quipped you have one of the single greatest usernames I've ever seen on the forums and I've seen an awful lot of the greats
I am very flattered. Your post, however, is a little crazy.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Right, I'm the one manufacturing a dialogue here.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Quidthulhu posted:

bahaha Dick is in this game sorry about the PR thing man~

It provided me with a bit of introspection thanks! I lol'd too so don't feel bad.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi I caught up and this is the best series of posts in the game:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CECIL EAT THE PIES

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

Right, I'm the one manufacturing a dialogue here.

You used meta from a previous game, that wasn't even posting meta, to vote me.

Like legit have a look at your own argument mate. Even if I was scum, your vote doesn't even hold water.

Asiina posted:

Hi I caught up and this is the best series of posts in the game:

Thank you! I thought the joke went unappreciated :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If you look past the wordiness of pera's post to the point she's making, it's pretty bad. Skipping jokephase is one thing. It's a dumb thing, but people do it anyway. Skipping actual D1 because it doesn't lead to anything is what makes games die. You just throw poo poo at the wall and see what sticks and then use that to build the rest of the game up. If everyone decides to skip D1 then D2 becomes D1 all over again and so on until it ends in apathy (see: half the games Opop has ever run for some reason).

That said, pera is still fairly new and I don't know if she has much experience with that kind of dead game, so while it is bad I'm not willing to vote on it for the moment. We'll see how the rest of the day goes and if her posting gets better.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The MMT/Inf argument is p. boring to me, I think they're both town

Asiina still reading as completely manufactured.

##vote Asiina

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

If you look past the wordiness of pera's post to the point she's making, it's pretty bad. Skipping jokephase is one thing. It's a dumb thing, but people do it anyway. Skipping actual D1 because it doesn't lead to anything is what makes games die. You just throw poo poo at the wall and see what sticks and then use that to build the rest of the game up. If everyone decides to skip D1 then D2 becomes D1 all over again and so on until it ends in apathy (see: half the games Opop has ever run for some reason).

That said, pera is still fairly new and I don't know if she has much experience with that kind of dead game, so while it is bad I'm not willing to vote on it for the moment. We'll see how the rest of the day goes and if her posting gets better.

This post says absolutely nothing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah it looks like Asiina is catching up and doing a running commentary. Null tell atm

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Infinitum posted:

You used meta from a previous game, that wasn't even posting meta, to vote me.

Like legit have a look at your own argument mate. Even if I was scum, your vote doesn't even hold water.

You seem awfully nervous about a single vote cast against you early on D1.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll get to the day event in a minute, but I remembered I said I'd be able to know whether KB is scum by page 10 so I went to check his posting. There's not much there so I was feeling like drat, I can't make a call yet and was going to encourage him to post more then I read this post again, which was in response to me saying I'd be able to know if he was scum or not:

King Burgundy posted:

I'm actually super looking forward to this. I'll finally know whether you really have magic reading me powers.

This posts assumes I'm town. It would make no sense at all if I was scum, a possibility KB doesn't even consider.

SCUM SLIP?!

##vote KB

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

This post says absolutely nothing.

Try again, friend. It says that I think pera's take is suspicious but not enough for me to vote for her yet.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

You seem awfully nervous about a single vote cast against you early on D1.

It's called analysis, you should look into it some time instead of posting bog standard mafia prompts to see how the other party reacts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
vote B

Dream Pies sound dreamy and good.

• Locked thread