Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Man, I remember being so disappointed with Ultraviolet. I adore Equilibrium so going from that to whatever Ultraviolet was supposed to be was jarring. I will admit the fire sword fight at the end was pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I kinda remember reading that, after a few years and she didn't have to give press about it anymore, Mila Jovovich didn't like Ultraviolet either.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ultraviolet seemed ok, but I don't know why they insist on packing a code for it with every movie these days.

I don't care if I've made this joke a few times before.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Of course they got the Pokemon episode where James has giant breasts

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Count Chocula posted:

I dunno, I hate it when bad movie podcast hosts think Last Airbender is an accurate representation of the awesome Avatar cartoon.

Honestly, their lack of knowledge about Avatar is of benefit here, because instead of wincing in embarrassment over how bad the bending looks compared to the show they can laugh at how loving goofy it all looks.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
And I'm sure enough people will reach out on twitter and say "by the way the show is legit great, just the movie is trash". They're quite conscientious about prefacing adapted content with "we don't know the source, we're just judging the film" type disclaimers.

Super psyched for this set of randos, I didn't know many of the flicks from a hat last time around but these are almost all familiar.

Also that's one cool dog.

servo106
Apr 26, 2006

I'm ridicouslly psyched for Overboard. That movie was a favorite of mine as a kid and having seen it recently as an adult that is one hosed up movie.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

servo106 posted:

I'm ridicouslly psyched for Overboard. That movie was a favorite of mine as a kid and having seen it recently as an adult that is one hosed up movie.

I called in this request a few times years ago, so I'm super excited they're finally doing it. It's possibly the most hosed-up comedy I happened to watch like 50 times as a kid because it was always on TV.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is Highlander 3 the one with Mario Van Peebles, or the one with Duncan MacLeod of the TV Clan MacLeod?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Gyges posted:

Is Highlander 3 the one with Mario Van Peebles, or the one with Duncan MacLeod of the TV Clan MacLeod?

Mario van Peebles. 4 is the one starring a JVC sign and TV's MacLeod.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Hockles posted:

These are the requested movies picked. Didn't somebody here call in Overboard?

Yay! Overboard was my request! That was awesome, we just watched the FB video and Jupin got it with the last pick. I've been calling in for years, that's cool to get a suggestion in. That selection bowl was packed with nominations.

The Nexus episodes sound good too, I liked they had to verify the Voyager hat was not exclusively "Threshhold".

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I'm honestly a little disappointed those were the picks, just because I always feel like "lovely blockbuster" is a genre they'll eventually cover all of anyway

Except Overboard. That's gonna be a trip and a half

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I appreciate that they mentioned Aeon Flux after they read the name Ultraviolet, because I've always gotten those movies confused.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
weird seeing an old dude I used to know in the comments of that video, apparently you can blame/praise him for the pokemon request

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Oh my god they're coming out to Portland, be still my beating heart.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
All that fat spy talk and no mention of that Kevin James memoir movie?

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

I like the lineup but still

My heart

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Count Chocula posted:

I dunno, I hate it when bad movie podcast hosts think Last Airbender is an accurate representation of the awesome Avatar cartoon.

This is why I wouldn't have called it in, part of what makes Last Airbender so awful is that it misses the mark on pretty much every single element of the show. Riffing on it without knowing the source leaves a lot of potential material out.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I never watched an anime and I saw Last Airbender. Pretty sure that makes me qualified enough to say it can stand on its own as a pile of poo poo.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Maybe next time Donnie Darko...

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Only if they do a double feature with S. Darko.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Is Eric the one that posts here? He's the best part of the show. If they're introducing themselves and he's not there, hit Next.

I can't believe the other guys missed his g-spot joke on the Bee Movie episode.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I will kill for Eric.

weekly font posted:

I never watched an anime and I saw Last Airbender. Pretty sure that makes me qualified enough to say it can stand on its own as a pile of poo poo.

Nah I mean it's definitely a poo poo movie but it's made more poo poo because the source material is so loving good and the movie goes in literally the opposite direction at every choice.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Aang. (On-guh)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Variable 5 posted:

Is Eric the one that posts here? He's the best part of the show. If they're introducing themselves and he's not there, hit Next.

To be fair, most guys miss the g-spot.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Did they pick the Voyager and DS9 episodes too?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Evil Mastermind posted:

Did they pick the Voyager and DS9 episodes too?

Voyager is Threshold. Which probably was the episode called in by at least 57% of all callers.

DS9 is Civil Defense. It's not even a Worf episode. :sad:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Variable 5 posted:

I definitely loved that they started silently no-selling his puns

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Gyges posted:

Voyager is Threshold. Which probably was the episode called in by at least 57% of all callers.

DS9 is Civil Defense. It's not even a Worf episode. :sad:

But it is a Gul Dukat episode.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

To be fair, most guys miss the g-spot.

:golfclap:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dmitri-9 posted:

But it is a Gul Dukat episode.

It's definitely one of the weirder DS9 episodes. Like, I get that Gul Dukat's an egomaniac who dreams himself a Machiavellian schemer, but turning the entire station into a Cube-style deathtrap with a holographic version of him taunting everyone's a bit of a stretch for the character.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Vermain posted:

It's definitely one of the weirder DS9 episodes. Like, I get that Gul Dukat's an egomaniac who dreams himself a Machiavellian schemer, but turning the entire station into a Cube-style deathtrap with a holographic version of him taunting everyone's a bit of a stretch for the character.

It would have made perfect sense if the secret deactivation code turned out to be Kira thanking the super handsome and irresistible Dukat for all that he's done for her people.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gyges posted:

It would have made perfect sense if the secret deactivation code turned out to be Kira thanking the super handsome and irresistible Dukat for all that he's done for her people.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

It was weird listening to last week's Sawbones after WHM's fat spy tangent. Apparently France already has a fat spy???

So so pumped for the Overboard episode, not that excited about the others. Overboard is one of those "cute" movies I watched as a kid because it was on TV all the time, but as an adult is super loving gross/terrifying/etc.

I forgot to call in Monkey Bone. :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Crocobile posted:

It was weird listening to last week's Sawbones after WHM's fat spy tangent. Apparently France already has a fat spy???

So so pumped for the Overboard episode, not that excited about the others. Overboard is one of those "cute" movies I watched as a kid because it was on TV all the time, but as an adult is super loving gross/terrifying/etc.

I forgot to call in Monkey Bone. :(

I forgot to call in anything. :( But I want an all-action month at some point.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I don't get the love for Equilibrium. It's like a first year creative writing student got to make a movie. It's garbage.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I don't get the love for Equilibrium. It's like a first year creative writing student got to make a movie. It's garbage.

https://youtu.be/y_JGI0JhCkQ :krad: :hellyeah: :supaburn:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I liked it when I was a freshman in college, but I've actively avoided it ever since because thinking back on it, I'm sure it's a cinematic atrocity.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Ror posted:

Oh my god they're coming out to Portland, be still my beating heart.

Did they give dates? It's not on their website and I don't use facebook.

Super pumped to hear them do Overboard. I remember catching it a few years ago after having only seen it as a kid and just what the loving all through that house of horrors.

e: Equilibrium is a terrible, stupid movie and I love it so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jerk McJerkface posted:

It's a hilarious pastiche of every dystopian sci-fi novel/film you've ever seen with an aesthetic that screams, "The Matrix came out only three years ago!" (Watch that clip above and listen to how hard Christian Bale is trying to channel Keanu.) It's humorously overwrought, but it's competently edited and has a unique enough (if downright laughable) action sequence conceit with its Gun-Kata to keep you interested.