Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
drat, only one more and i could use a different osomatsu butt mouse pad every day of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

drat, only one more and i could use a different osomatsu butt mouse pad every day of the week.

don't worry, plans are underway on the Hijirisawa Shounosuke mousepad

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/jimmygnome9/status/832869329133780992

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Done.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Thanks. Been meaning to watch this for like 2 years now.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
The MC in Scum's Wish wants to out-bitch literal Panty from PS&G, yeah I don't like your chances. Also thirsty a.f. lesbians :cheerdoge:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Dragon Dentist is interesting and has some interesting background stuff I'm curious about. The Pacific War with the IJN having Dragons? I'm curious.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raenir Salazar posted:

Dragon Dentist is interesting and has some interesting background stuff I'm curious about. The Pacific War with the IJN having Dragons? I'm curious.

I hope the second episode doesn't get too bogged down in that stuff. The characters and the dragons are more interesting to me

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
The hell is dragon dentist and why have I not heard of it until now?

I only ... vaguely remember the OP.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

The hell is dragon dentist and why have I not heard of it until now?

I only ... vaguely remember the OP.

It was a short film but then they expanded it into a two episode miniseries. The first episode dropped today. It's good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Webcormac McCarthy posted:

The MC in Scum's Wish wants to out-bitch literal Panty from PS&G, yeah I don't like your chances. Also thirsty a.f. lesbians :cheerdoge:

Pfft, what? No fuckin' way.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Webcormac McCarthy posted:

I wish the thought of yuri wasn't essentially the sole reason to push me over the edge to give Scum's Wish a show but whatever. Excellent show so far! I love melodrama! And Fuuka isn't delivering.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Raenir Salazar posted:

I wish the thought of yuri wasn't essentially the sole reason to push me over the edge to give Scum's Wish a show but whatever. Excellent show so far! I love melodrama! And Fuuka isn't delivering.

Unrequited yuri, alas, but it hasn't been demonized so far, so there's that! (I haven't seen the latest ep yet, so if things change, welp.)

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

StrixNebulosa posted:

Unrequited yuri, alas, but it hasn't been demonized so far, so there's that! (I haven't seen the latest ep yet, so if things change, welp.)

There was just some pretty heavy kissing at the end of Ep 2. So that's a point so far!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I'm only three episodes into Scum's Wish (it's literally only thing from this season I'm watching as I play catch up from last year) and I've been pretty surprised by it so far, it's a wild ride

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Scum's Wish seems like a very pretty and well written show, but I keep hearing about how miserable and unhealthy everyone in it is and it keeps turning me off - at least until I have a vague idea of whether or not it ends halfway happily.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Scum's Wish seems like a very pretty and well written show, but I keep hearing about how miserable and unhealthy everyone in it is and it keeps turning me off - at least until I have a vague idea of whether or not it ends halfway happily.

i feel like this aspect of the show is over stated. they may be all awful and not happy people but overall the main draw for the show is that the plot is actually interesting (and i say that as someone that finds slice of life loving dreadful normally) and the direction/production values are superb

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think the show where everyone is loving each other and arguing about human morality and ego isn't slice of life

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Endorph posted:

i think the show where everyone is loving each other and arguing about human morality and ego isn't slice of life

really

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

idk, that's a slice of my life

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I think you're living in the wrong genre

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

from the depths of the dark abyss where the old mods receded, never to return, a voice echoes: "slice of life isn't real"

Motto fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 19, 2017

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Moltrey posted:

idk, that's a slice of my life

yeah i mean i thought thats what slice of life meant, only its more realistic than a show about a bunch of moe girls idk doing a thing. i have no idea how kuzu no honkai doesn't fit that genre

though of shows this season i guess tanya the evil would be slice of life for me since its about an army officer that wants to kill god

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Motto posted:

from the depths of the dark abyss where the old mods receded, never to return, a voice echoes: "slice of life isn't real"

Well that could be said of any genre if you wanted to be very reductive

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

yes but other genres don't have funny modposts that I can't be bothered to dig up

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

In Training posted:

Well that could be said of any genre if you wanted to be very reductive

sports is very real

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
oh I wasn't trying to start a Definition Of Slice Of Life Debate, i was just doing a goof.

Slice of Life is whatever you want it to be. It's your Life

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the definition of slice of life rests on whether yama no susume s3 becomes reality

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, I watched the first episode as part of the stream, and while it seems like it's probably a pretty good show, I have enough crushing depression in my real life that I don't think I want to watch a serious show about a bunch of people being miserable all the time.

Also, if that counts a slice of life then I think "slice of life" has become a uselessly broad descriptor.

In other news, I did break down and watch some Kemono Friends after all. It's alright, but doesn't really live up to the absurdly high level of popularity it has.

"We're sorry, but we don't stock any Serval Cat stuffed animals."

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Scum's Wish works because they're all awful people you want to be miserable and have lovely things happen to them.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Slice of life is for normal life things, not deviant heretic life things, hth

Scum's wish is very good tho, it reminds me a little bit of welcome to the NHK, in that the entire cast is broken in some way. :v: I'm now sure the "oniichan" is also broken, we just don't know it yet.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Scum's Wish works because they're all awful people you want to be miserable and have lovely things happen to them.

What do you think I read Something Awful for

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Why would I want people like me to be miserable and have lovely things happen to them? :confused:

Alternatively: I can just watch the news and get that.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

"We're sorry, but we don't stock any Serval Cat stuffed animals."

it's okay, they can just buy a plush of one of the five other cats in the show that look almost exactly like Serval

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Scum's Wish is ... hmm I had a lot of words written here, but it's easier to just say Scum's Wish is School Days 2017.

I find it humorous and fun to watch.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

dogsicle posted:

it's okay, they can just buy a plush of one of the five other cats in the show that look almost exactly like Serval

big surprise, dogsicle is cat-racist

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

AnacondaHL posted:

Scum's Wish is ... hmm I had a lot of words written here, but it's easier to just say Scum's Wish is School Days 2017.

I find it humorous and fun to watch.

But School Days was bad??? :confused:

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
ID-0 has a new PV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-pSJ_kjh8s

Not what anyone was expecting, right?

However...if you think that's not interesting enough, there's also a translated plot summary.

Which kind of spoils the surprise, but I think the intrigue also balances things out nicely.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The problem with school days anime is it didn't focus on the best school days character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the problem with the school days anime is that it was an anime adaptation of school days

• Locked thread