Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
welp rip nikki cross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Anddddd she's done

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
https://twitter.com/KillianDain/status/833157753090752512

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"woman"

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I find that leaving at least seven Yelp reviews a day really loosens the pressure in my head.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Giving Nikki a lot of benefit for having a really rough accent and not dumb enough to drop an F bomb in front of a live crowd. The worst part about this is she'll have to drop character and publicly apologize for something she never said

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

NXT Cocoa, is that like a drink that I can purchase? Hey now

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

I was in the front row...yeah, it definitely didn't sound like maggots at all, even though I totally buy that it was her accent. Really sucked the air out of the room for a minute, but Ford and Dawkins did a good job of getting things back on track.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Given that Nikki's accent is thicker than she is, I'd buy the miscommunication angle considering it's not an AJ situation where she has a history (as far as I know).

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I REALLY don't think Nikki would actually say it. Simply isn't her.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Seeing as taggart gets subtitles in the US that doesn't surprise me at all

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Skarsnik posted:

Seeing as taggart gets subtitles in the US that doesn't surprise me at all

Maybe she was telling fans to watch Taggart.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

dsriggs posted:

What a heel

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

dsriggs posted:

Or perhaps suggesting they buy a fresh baguette if they were feeling peckish?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Wrestlers are stupid, but not stupid enough to drop a slur on a live show in the year 2017. Social media, sure, but even people that fall on their necks for a living have a sense of self-preservation. She probably said maggots and it got misheard.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dias posted:

Wrestlers are stupid, but not stupid enough to drop a slur on a live show in the year 2017. Social media, sure, but even people that fall on their necks for a living have a sense of self-preservation. She probably said maggots and it got misheard.

I think you're giving wrestlers (or people in general) the benefit of the doubt here. People will always find themselves saying/doing stupid things no matter the venue, then trying to backpedal as quickly as humanly possible.

That being said, I have no idea which one she said and obviously never will unless some shaky-cam footage comes out... but I sincerely hope she didn't say the terrible thing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Phenix Rising posted:

I think you're giving wrestlers (or people in general) the benefit of the doubt here. People will always find themselves saying/doing stupid things no matter the venue, then trying to backpedal as quickly as humanly possible.

That being said, I have no idea which one she said and obviously never will unless some shaky-cam footage comes out... but I sincerely hope she didn't say the terrible thing.

By all accounts she's not the kind of person that would drop a "human being" casually either. I'm okay giving her the benefit of the doubt here, to be fair.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

dsriggs posted:

Maybe since yelling maggots is probably off the table now, maybe she should start yelling "there's been a murder" every time Sanity do a beat down?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

dsriggs posted:

hahahaha

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
I love a good Taggart tangent

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

rovert posted:

I REALLY don't think Nikki would actually say it. Simply isn't her.

Can you confirm that she is a woman though?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Midnightghoul posted:

Can you confirm that she is a woman though?

oh, she takes care of herself

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I'm from Glasgow originally and have (briefly) met Nikki a couple of times back when she was in ICW (We have mutual friends, if you know anyone who trains at Source you end up meeting half the indie wrestlers in the west of scotland one way or another). If you told me that she slipped up and accidently called someone a loving oval office then I'd believe it no problem. human being? Not so much. Catching herself about to say "Fuckers" and trying to change it to "Maggots" I'd also believe.

Also, if you think her accent is rough you really dont know many Glaswegians.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Bear in mind also that the event was in Florida, so 'fans lack listening / thinking abilities' is probably the most plausible explanation.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

motherbox posted:

I was in the front row...yeah, it definitely didn't sound like maggots at all, even though I totally buy that it was her accent. Really sucked the air out of the room for a minute, but Ford and Dawkins did a good job of getting things back on track.
the more shocking thing to me here is that wrestling fans didn't pop when they thought she was calling them 'faggots'

once upon a time that would have been a serious face turn

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

dromal phrenia posted:

the more shocking thing to me here is that wrestling fans didn't pop when they thought she was calling them 'faggots'

once upon a time that would have been a serious face turn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99N62akUqM4

That pop :eng99:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Who's that Aron Rex knock-off?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

calling someone a human being was never a nice thing to say, but interestingly enough it's only relatively recently that it's been put on the same level as the n-word. people even used to say it all the time on these here forums and no one blinked an eye.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Maybe she was calling them people who ride Harley Davidsons.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Used to be that being a human being was a bad thing, unlike today where it's good as hell. Heroic even. You're welcome, btw

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
The FLY community??

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Mulaney Power Move posted:

calling someone a human being was never a nice thing to say, but interestingly enough it's only relatively recently that it's been put on the same level as the n-word. people even used to say it all the time on these here forums and no one blinked an eye.

Seemed like in the 80s especially, "human being" was more as a substitute for calling someone an rear end in a top hat because it wasn't technically swearing and they could kinda get away with it. YMMV though, that's always how I interpreted it growing up though :shrug:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Just got back from #NXTCaramel and "japanese" wrestler Shinsuke Nakamura called Ohno a retard

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I wonder how people would react if the Kids in the Hall aired their "running human being" sketch for the first time nowadays.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Just got back from #NXTMint and Eric Young just strangled an old lady in a wheelchair

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

Just got back from #NXTMint and Eric Young just strangled an old lady in a wheelchair

that's a stunt granny

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mulaney Power Move posted:

That you wrote out "human being" but refrained from writing out "friend of the family" should tell you they're not in the same level in a social level. They probably should be, but they're really, really not there as of yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the only legal words to call anyone should be cutiepie, and sweetiepie once in a hwhile.