Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Sprite Based posted:

Snorlax with Zen Headbutt and Body Slam is pretty much the ne plus ultra of gym defenders now. I was trying to prestige against one earlier, and it managed to get off four (!) Body Slams in a row.

If you have one, max it out ASAP because it's an absolute beast of a defender.

Even if they have bad IV? I have a 1400cp Snorlax with Headbutt/Bodyslam but his IV is only like 60%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Sprite Based posted:

Snorlax with Zen Headbutt and Body Slam is pretty much the ne plus ultra of gym defenders now. I was trying to prestige against one earlier, and it managed to get off four (!) Body Slams in a row.

I've got 4 of them over 2000 CP

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Away all Goats posted:

Even if they have bad IV? I have a 1400cp Snorlax with Headbutt/Bodyslam but his IV is only like 60%

In the case of Snorlax I'd say yes, 60% is plenty enough for one with Body Slam to be a headache for anyone. Unless you feel lucky you'll come across more Snorlax in your life, I'd go for it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Sprite Based posted:

I have two 98's maxed out at level 38 (I'm 36)

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Away all Goats posted:

I have a Zen Headbutt / Body Slam Snorlax with 0 IV and I still use it in gyms regularly. IV doesn't matter that much.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

So are biomes determined by how many Mormons live in an area?

I hear you can get Mewtwo inside the temple.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Meanwhile, my only Snorlax is 60%+... but has Earthquake. Welp.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Is it seriously possible to have a fully evolved Larvitar without spoofing?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I haven't seen any Larvitar around here in the Netherlands, but also no Tyranitar in gyms. I guess people haven't been spoofing too badly. Though I did run into another gym cheater today...

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Cowslips Warren posted:

Realistically? If we're talking about legitimately collecting enough Larvitar for candies, no. Right now, anyway. In a week it'd be possible if someone was running around with a scanner radar and didn't have a job or school and lived in an area that spawned them.

But random spawn is also possible, as people have seen fully evolved things pop up in the wild.

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap

Cowslips Warren posted:

With lucky 10ks ya I'd say it is. I'm like 30/100 to getting my Tyranitar. Though it's more likely spoofing in all honesty.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Box wine posted:

With lucky 10ks ya I'd say it is. I'm like 30/100 to getting my Tyranitar. Though it's more likely spoofing in all honesty.

I think it's a spoofer. Same dude has 2900plus dragonites and had a togetic in a gym two days after babies came out.

How good is rhydon with fighting moves against this beast?

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap
Ya I'm only that far myself because of three 10k eggs and I've been walking like crazy because we've just had beautiful weather here in Chicago that started right as gen 2 hit.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
In order to max out my 91 Larvatar, I will need 311 candy and 183000 dust.

I have 145 and 45000

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I just realized this release was a stealth nerf to mass evolving. None of the new gen pokemon are 12 candy evolutions like Pidgey/Weedle/Caterpie

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Pidgies are still everywhere, so it shouldn't make much difference.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
So just visited a gym and they rebalanced everything again? Hard to be into grinding back up again when all my high IV good move set Pokémon will apparently just be dumpstered again soon :/ seems like a lovely way to try and even things out.

I guess I'll just get Pokémon and ignore gyms.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fusion Restaurant posted:

I guess I'll just get Pokémon and ignore gyms.

A solid plan always.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I also got an evolve item out of my seven day bonus spin today.

Are new snorlaxes still spawning with body slam?

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

FYI togatec is (possibly?) bugged and has a 1% base catch rate which does not change with berries or better pokeballs so just throw standard red balls at it no matter what. You'll most likely not catch it but you can (ie: with a critical catch).

Don't be like me and waste 40 ultras + razz's on it because it was the 4th or 5th gen2 you saw spawn and didn't know this little bit of info at that point.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
One more evo item from a 7-day spin here. It's probably a guaranteed drop then.

In other news, I just noticed that I accidentally downloaded the APK through LTE. Twice :shepface: Does anyone know if PoGO will work with a 32 kbit/s hard limit?

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

Away all Goats posted:

I just realized this release was a stealth nerf to mass evolving. None of the new gen pokemon are 12 candy evolutions like Pidgey/Weedle/Caterpie
But the Pinap Berries and evolved catch candy bonuses might actually offset that. I'm throwing Pinap Berries at all the low level Pidgeys I can find, reserving a handful for rare and desirable spawns.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Visual Sneeze posted:

But the Pinap Berries and evolved catch candy bonuses might actually offset that. I'm throwing Pinap Berries at all the low level Pidgeys I can find, reserving a handful for rare and desirable spawns.

Away all Goats posted:

What level are you guys?

Since hitting 30+ it seems a bit pointless to powerlevel, given that wild spawns cap at 30, level requirements ramp up a ton, and it's prohibitively expensive in stardust to power up many pokemon to lvl 40 anyways.

e: Also, I wish there was some way to sort by evo line. It's sort of annoying to not be able to see all my eveelutions in one place :/

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Feb 19, 2017

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Why are all the gyms around me Instinct and Mystic? Valor never seems to hold gyms anymore.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Der Meister posted:

Why are all the gyms around me Instinct and Mystic? Valor never seems to hold gyms anymore.

I have never seen an Instinct gym. Ever.

also I'm in Instinct :negative:

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Yeah, around here every gym is held by Valor, minimum level 7 and stuffed full of 3000cp+ pokes. I'm Instinct and I've managed to collect a single daily bonus maybe ten times in the past month.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Weeping Wound posted:

I have never seen an Instinct gym. Ever.

also I'm in Instinct :negative:

I see five on my route to work every day.

They're max level and monopolized by bots :negative:

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

e: Also, I wish there was some way to sort by evo line. It's sort of annoying to not be able to see all my eveelutions in one place :/

Sort by # will put them all next to one another.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Olothreutes posted:

Sort by # will put them all next to one another.

Except gen 1 is #'s 1-151 and Umbreon/Espeon are above that, so at least for me it shows them as a lot farther down the list, after eg Dragonite. Is this not how it shows up for others? Maybe I'm missing smth still

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

No, that's right, Olothreutes just missed what you were specifically referring to. Ditto putting cleffa next to clefairy, for exmaple.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I found a decent way to get into a gym. My wife and I are on opposite teams (I'm red and she's blue). So if we come across whatever gym, assuming not yellow, we just have the opposite color attack it, bring down its level by one, then the other person can at least more easily level the gym back up to what it was.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Except gen 1 is #'s 1-151 and Umbreon/Espeon are above that, so at least for me it shows them as a lot farther down the list, after eg Dragonite. Is this not how it shows up for others? Maybe I'm missing smth still

Whoops. Forgot about the fact that the gen 2 stuff won't line up properly. I can't think of any way to accomplish it without just naming them all yourself and the sorting by name, which is not a great solution.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
If people are completing the entire gen 2 lineup, does that mean there are no regionals? I thought I read somewhere that there were new ones. Is that weird one that looks like a steering wheel part of the gen 2 library also?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Robokomodo posted:

If people are completing the entire gen 2 lineup, does that mean there are no regionals? I thought I read somewhere that there were new ones. Is that weird one that looks like a steering wheel part of the gen 2 library also?

Heracross is the only new regional. He can only be found south of a certain long/lat (Mexico, South Texas and Florida)

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Nam Taf posted:

No, that's right, Olothreutes just missed what you were specifically referring to. Ditto putting cleffa next to clefairy, for exmaple.

In Gen 2 it was called "New Pokedex Mode", and became the "National Dex" in later gens. I hope it's something they add.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
It's scandalous that Octillery does not learn Octazooka :colbert:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Cowslips Warren posted:

I've caught like a 2900CP Dragonite before, so sure.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Entropist posted:

It's scandalous that Octillery does not learn Octazooka :colbert:

Remoraid evolving into Octillery is confusing.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Duckman2008 posted:

I found a decent way to get into a gym. My wife and I are on opposite teams (I'm red and she's blue). So if we come across whatever gym, assuming not yellow, we just have the opposite color attack it, bring down its level by one, then the other person can at least more easily level the gym back up to what it was.

That's called bottom sniping, and it's the scummiest thing you can do in this game outside of spoofing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

That's called bottom sniping, and it's the scummiest thing you can do in this game outside of spoofing.

Tell us more about the morals of getting pokecoins.

• Locked thread