Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

kidcoelacanth posted:

Last year's Dover spring race was incredible because it had actually good hard racing for the lead through the entire back half of the race. It's a shame that's such an outlier.

That was legitimately one of the best races of the last 10 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

i know this won't make many people around here too sad but:

https://twitter.com/gbiffle/status/832637235912597509

losing stewart, biffle, and edwards in one year removes 96 cup wins, 706 top 10s, and 50 poles from the field. meanwhile, the "young guns" replacing them, like ty dillon, chris buescher, and daniel suarez have managed a combined 7 wins in 252 xfinity starts...

im holding out hope for Erik Jones, though

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I still think Larson is promising once he gets out of that lovely-rear end Ganassi car.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cygni posted:

losing stewart, biffle, and edwards in one year removes 96 cup wins, 706 top 10s, and 50 poles from the field. meanwhile, the "young guns" replacing them, like ty dillon, chris buescher, and daniel suarez have managed a combined 7 wins in 252 xfinity starts...

It's hard to take much stock in Xfinity wins when Busch/Keselowski/Logano etc have won like 80% of them in that timeframe.

Jones will definitely be championship-caliber fairly quickly I think. Suarez will be decent by virtue of his equipment alone and I think he has enough talent to back it up. Buescher has the talent and I really hope he makes the most of JTG equipment and can dip out on his Roush contract.

Alain Post posted:

I still think Larson is promising once he gets out of that lovely-rear end Ganassi car.

He's doing pretty well in that ride already, so yeah.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Does anyone here collect race programs? Been unpacking some old poo poo from my parents house and learned I've got a few Brickyard ones and a handful of CART ones from the late 90s. Would rather sell them to a goon than deal with eBay.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

mactheknife posted:

Does anyone here collect race programs? Been unpacking some old poo poo from my parents house and learned I've got a few Brickyard ones and a handful of CART ones from the late 90s. Would rather sell them to a goon than deal with eBay.

might be up for it when I stumble onto more money.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Every time they explain how you get into the clash and they say "Daytona 500 pole winners" I :lol:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
So, is there going to be someone else in the 16 car for the rest of the year, or is this probably more likely Roush failing to get sponsors and telling Biffle to go be a fall guy?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Biffle announced he was leaving Roush in like October and they shuttered that team for the time being. The 37 has the 16's charter for this year

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Slickdrac posted:

So, is there going to be someone else in the 16 car for the rest of the year, or is this probably more likely Roush failing to get sponsors and telling Biffle to go be a fall guy?

16 is gone. charter was leased to JTG Daugherty for buescher to use.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Either I somehow completely missed that, or didn't give a poo poo because lol Biffle

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

It worked in Trucks with the caution clock.

The fact that we're in agreement on this cannot be a good sign.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Going out on a limb here - Edwards to the 88 in 2018.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Going out on a limb here - Edwards to the XX in 2018. - By every analyst every week this year until he does return

Thought that would be necessary.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

BMB5150 posted:

Edwards to the 69.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

BMB5150 posted:

Senate terms are 6 years long, so plan for a 2025 return.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Chicago is :toxx:ing that if you purchase a single-day ticket to their Cup race between now and next Sunday and Junyer wins the 500 that you'll receive a full refund AND get to keep the ticket.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Race cars on a race track all day today :toot:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Furniture Row Racing cars having trouble passing inspection. Still not out on track.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

No way they get the Clash in tonight

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ungratek posted:

No way they get the Clash in tonight

The Clash is the undercard.

The main event is LOL ARCA. :getin:

e- Never mind, I just saw the radar on Stenhouse's pit box, they may have trouble getting ARCA in on time, too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Casey Mears is working for FOX, Greg Biffle has signed on with NBC to do a handful of studio shows, Kevin Lee from NBC's IndyCar coverage is doing ARCA on FS1 right now.

Speaking of ARCA, come laugh with us: https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/#nascar@irc.synirc.net

Jesus, ARCA does group qualifying on plate tracks? :stonk:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
First ARCA of the year 20 minutes

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

First ARCA of the year 20 minutes

It's on now, though. :confused:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Whoever took the over on 3 cars on fire in the big ARCA take your winnings

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Christian_Racin/status/833091060339507200

https://twitter.com/RLRacing2/status/833094846713851904

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Arca race ended before it was over, what a great start

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 19, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I asked in IRC for a year between 1979 and 97 and L_Harrison chose 1982.

The 1982 Busch Clash is on right here, right now: https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

I'm going to keep running them until the race starts.

e- Clash was postponed to 11am Eastern on FS1. Toffile queued up the 1990 Daytona 500 in CyTube.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 19, 2017

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So now you can get in the clash just by replacing someone that "qualified"? Next year, well this charter qualified last year so in goes SRA.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I'm watching in winter heat if anyone wants to join me.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Elephanthead posted:

So now you can get in the clash just by replacing someone that "qualified"? Next year, well this charter qualified last year so in goes SRA.

No one gave a poo poo when Brian Vickers ran in place of Smoke last year.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I find it impossible to care who does and does not qualify for the Busch Bud Clash Shooutout

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

I'm glad we have viking and kidc to remind how lackadaisical they are for all eternity otherwise I might forget.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

kidcoelacanth posted:

I find it impossible to care [about]...the Busch Bud Clash Shooutout

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Peanut President posted:

I'm glad we have viking and kidc to remind how lackadaisical they are for all eternity otherwise I might forget.

I mean, I'd give a poo poo if they just picked someone randomly and gave them a spot, but if NASCAR is gonna push the "team sport" thing on us, they kinda have to let a team that qualified based on the last year's performance in if the driver suddenly becomes unavailable.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

I find it impossible to care who does and does not qualify for the Busch Bud Clash Shooutout

NASCAR doesn't care either, which is why Daytona 500 Polesitter is an eligibility criteria for the race.

...or maybe they do and their apathy lies in the fact they don't care how obvious The Danica Patrick Rule is at this point.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Danica is basically the AI cars in Pole Position

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Clash should go back to two 10 lap segments with an inversion at halfway. With the racing we're seeing right now it'd be insane.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
We need Kurt's audio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

First car to wreck in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series: The Monster Energy car

• Locked thread