Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I am shocked Lumpen is able to replace into a big game like this and only has one vote. Maybe he is scum. That is my "haven't read the thread yet" hot take.

See everyone after during church tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Actually, I have a second "haven't fully read yet" hot take and that is "Why doesn't murmur twin have more votes?"

Ok great bed time

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Kinda weird that momentum is shifting off of pera.

I WANT BLOOD.

I don't think this is true. She has 8 votes, no one else is even close.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Or you just want the case to be accurate more so than it is. Idk.

This doesn't help me understand your opinion on the alignments of your fellow players. Can you put yourself on the record?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

King Burgundy posted:

I don't think this is true. She has 8 votes, no one else is even close.

I might have overestimated how many people were like "OH PERA AND MMT ARE BOTH BAD BUT UH I'M VOTING MMT *fart noises for 15 minutes*"

Ahab Itualliar
Feb 16, 2017

Turn up the heat on peri peri and let's see what happens

##vote peramene

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I might have overestimated how many people were like "OH PERA AND MMT ARE BOTH BAD BUT UH I'M VOTING MMT *fart noises for 15 minutes*"

Don't steal my posts.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

This doesn't help me understand your opinion on the alignments of your fellow players. Can you put yourself on the record?

My opinions ought to be evident with regard to pera and pussy quipped

I'm inclined to find quidnose a bit scummy as well.

Mmt asiina and yourself will become much clearer with a pera flip.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

peramene (10): Rarity, Rarity, CCKeane, this is a stickup, GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed, Rarity, Jonathan Fisk, Lumpen, IllegallySober, Bifauxnen, Ahab Itualliar
Murmur Twin (2): Tobbs Gnawed, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed, Asiina, King Burgundy
Bifauxnen (1): Quidthulhu
Rarity (1): Ahab Itualliar, Infinitum, Ahab Itualliar
Lumpen (1): Pussy Quipped
Infinitum (1): Murmur Twin
King Burgundy (0): Asiina, Asiina
Kashuno (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Dick Bastardly (0): Enola Gay-For-Pay, Enola Gay-For-Pay
GulagDolls (0): Ahab Itualliar, Ahab Itualliar, peramene, peramene
CCKeane (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Quidthulhu (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Asiina (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu

Not Voting (10): chaoslord, Dick Bastardly, Enola Gay-For-Pay, Kashuno, Little Mac, Mithross, Moatillata, Pander, peramene, The Science of Suck

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 19th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 23 hours, 10 minutes.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
All caught up! Gonna split my posts up by topic.

Murmur Twin posted:

Setup spec ahoy!

##vote Infinitum - town won FF3 and D was always a bad option so I find it suspicious that Infi is trying to encourage people to choose it.

I choose C - if D is bad, it means dream pies are bad, and since Kain goes all evil in the first half of FF4 I feel like I'd rather have him be the one to eat it.

Murmur Twin posted:

(a) Why is it dumb to bring up the information that D was always a bad choice in the last FF game? Would you prefer that I withhold information that jumps out to me that might help town?

King Burgundy posted:

A) It's a weird take on things. It's like when science deniers try to cherry pick a trough in data to make a point. There are THREE previous games to look at in the context of this. You pointing to one specific game that supports your point while ignoring the rest of the data is either a bad argument or a false one. I'm leaning false.

To address this, let me reiterate my point of view:

Murmur Twin posted:

Nope! I missed out on FF1/2 and was taken out on the first day in FF3.

I'm not assuming anything, just pointing out what I see / what I think as a result. It's the beginning of D1 so it's entirely possible I'm mistaken.

It's not like I did research or anything to come up with "D was always bad in FF3" - the game was like a month ago and I was in the observer doc where CPig was posting the choices. I was using my memory, and wasn't thinking at all of FF1 or FF2 since I haven't read them.

KB - if you think about my posts from the POV of someone who only read FF3, do they make more sense to you?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

(c) In the event that you're town and D is a bad choice, you're basically encouraging town to follow up a mistake (choosing D) with another mistake (turboing a town player). Do you agree or disagree with this?

King Burgundy posted:

C) Wow, what?

I was questioning Infinitum on these posts:

Infinitum posted:

If D is a bad outcome, feel free to turbo me D1

---

(empty quotes above post)

---

Trying to decide if MMT is dumbass town, or trying to manufacture a dialogue against me.

Like I gave everyone the easy out option of voting me if this turns out bad... Yet [s]he votes me early and chooses not to vote D anyway.

Infi is saying that if it turns out D is bad for town, we can turbo him. I am saying that by this logic, if Infi is town, he is encouraging us to follow up a mistake (choosing D) with another mistake (turboing a town player).

I mean, right?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

(b) You encouraged people to stand out and make their own choices, and then voted me and called me "dumb or scum" for doing exactly that. Do you agree or disagree with this?

King Burgundy posted:

B) You seem to be accusing Inf of something he didn't do here. He had real reasons to vote you and it wasn't your vote in the thing. It was your reason for voting him. You seem to be putting words in his mouth here.

I mean, on one hand I guess you're right? Here's what I was thinking when I posted that:

Infinitum posted:

Stand out from the crowd and let people make their own opinions of you

Murmur Twin posted:

I choose C - if D is bad, it means dream pies are bad, and since Kain goes all evil in the first half of FF4 I feel like I'd rather have him be the one to eat it.

Infinitum posted:

MMT I've seen some dumbass lovely votes in my time man, but fuckin hell mate.

---

Trying to decide if MMT is dumbass town, or trying to manufacture a dialogue against me.

I was mostly just annoyed that Infinitum was giving his "stand out from the crowd" speech and then giving me poo poo for picking an option and citing my reasons for making my choice.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

does anyone else just filter all quoted posts out of their vision

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

does anyone else just filter all quoted posts out of their vision

I sure hope not! :ohdear:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

this is a stickup posted:

for comparison:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806659&userid=216296#post468745998

a lot of it is misguided and calls wrong but look at the sheer amount of game related content and setup spec, and please take note of pera being very engaged with the thread and actually trying to scumhunt rather than tossing

into the thread

word vomiting is definitely a null tell, agreed. but this game pera is 1) being inconsistent and contradicting herself continuously, 2) word vomiting fluff rather than attempting to scumhunt, and 3) noticeably excited about this game despite being "upset" that she "isn't scum" again

here are two (snipped) posts, one from this game and one from FF3 so you don't have to go over it all. read the first from this game, then look at how different she was posting during FF3

if this isn't her projecting, I will honestly be extremely surprised

I was kind of not noticing what stickup was saying earlier this afternoon but on a re-read I see his point and agree with it. pera's tone this game is completely different from how she played (town) in FF3 to a point where it's hard to ignore, and her being scum would explain her tone / why she's padding her wordcount so much.

##vote peramene - sorry friend but I think you rolled scum this game!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

chaoslord posted:

Actually, I have a second "haven't fully read yet" hot take and that is "Why doesn't murmur twin have more votes?"

Ok great bed time

I'm super curious to hear in your own words why you think there should be more votes on me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Probably because there's been a lot of talk about you with p much no voting

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ahab Itualliar posted:

I'm going over everything now especially trying to pinpoint why I was so suss on MMT think it was her "oh yay tobbs is town" post, day one "SO and so is town obviously" always gets my dander up. Also the timing was pera starts looking suss, then rarity starts claiming why that can't be the case at the same time MMT starts focusing on other people looked like it was in tandem to me but it could be more organic than organised.

Just to clear it up, my "oh yay Tobbs is town" post was more of a meta read / in-jokey reference to another game than a post that I meant for anyone to take seriously.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Probably because there's been a lot of talk about you with p much no voting

Fair. I was reading it as more of a scummy pile-on but I guess that would make sense.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

This is a great post to leave your vote on me with, especially since you were insistent that you actually had cased me prior.

##vote Bif

What makes you think that Bif casing me/Rarity/pera while leaving her vote on you is scummy? I don't get what would be in it for scum to do that more than town.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

I was mostly just annoyed that Infinitum was giving his "stand out from the crowd" speech and then giving me poo poo for picking an option and citing my reasons for making my choice.

Because your choices were bland, safe and uninteresting; which is how scum normally play.

Your reasoning for voting me was dumb as hell, citing previous game mini-game meta as the primary reason.
You also proceed to retaliate to said call out by throwing out a bog standard mafia prompt of

Murmur Twin posted:

You seem awfully nervous about a single vote cast against you early on D1.

Such a generic nothing prompt designed to get a rise out of the person you posed it to.

You're a smart player MMT, so you'd normally know I'd take the bait on it.
Combine that with your dumb as poo poo meta vote on me..

Well..
##vote Murmur Twin

I'm not really convinced with the Pera push atm, because they may just be a newbie going at it too hard.
I'll have a reread later of their posts

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That said and done I would like to see a claim from Pera.

Sorry if one has been made already. Hard to catch up on 200+ posts overnight =_=

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Bifauxnen posted:

what the gently caress is going on

scum must have decided to just NK me as soon as possible and arent even gonna bother to try and frame me up instead

farewell cruel world
This strikes me as a scumpost.

Bifauxnen, in 75 words or more, explain the thought process behind this post. If you thought you were saying something implicit that would make sense to readers, make it explicit instead. What previous posts or past situations are you referring to in order to construct the meaning?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, I'm going to break down my two main points against pera now.

peramene posted:

Scum!Rarity is - well, why not? - an enormous predator which consumes all and leaves naught for the living, a master of the craft that leaves me breathless every time I get the distinct privilege to observe it.

peramene posted:

Only the one. Er, two? Nobody counts popcon2.

These two posts come from mutually exclusive mindsets. In the first pera speaks as if she has a deep familiarity with my scum game gleaned from seeing it in multiple games (note the wording "every time"). However in the second she admits she's only seen it once and later adds she's talking about Awful Big Brother, which is a stretch to call my scum game because social politic games are a different kettle of fish to mafia entirely. The intention of the first post is to flatter me to get me onside, which is something pera would only be doing as scum.

peramene posted:

I'll probably be gone a lot of tomorrow too just 'cuz d1 is pointless

peramene posted:

The second half of D1 - tomorrow - tends to be where things start becoming relevant.

When pera rebutted this post she completely missed the point I was making, not sure if it was intentional or not. Again, these two posts don't line up as coming from the same mindset. In the first, pera writes off the whole of D1 as irrelevant but after being pushed by Asii she backtracks to saying that it's important when things get closer to deadline. However, someone who believes latter D1 matters would not write off the whole day as pera does in her first post. They would say something like "I'll be back before the day ends to get some reads in".

In short, pera's posts fail to show a consistent set of attitudes, knowledge and beliefs. She is changing herself to fit the situation and that makes her scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Going to squeeze in a full reread at some point this afternoon, I'm happy with my vote but want to make sure I'm not ignoring other slip-ups by tunnelling on pera.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'd generally say that at best setup spec discussion is neither pro nor anti town. It's an easy scum escape valve because they have a much better sense of the board than we do as town.

It seems unnecessary to say "we do as town" like you're trying to reinforce the idea that you're town even though no one has tried to say otherwise. Am I making sense?

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah, I'm thinking now it would be best to try and vote someone outta this clusterfuck at the end of the day, but I can't tell what's going on yet.

pera:
* only seems to mention MMT and Rarity in passing, saying she'll read their jokeposts, then a couple replies to them that don't seem to mean much of anything.

MMT:
* says she believes Rarity is being honest about being Leviathan, but setup specs about the summons maybe being the 3rd alignment
* says "While it's too early to make a hard call on this and I acknoweldge that it's not out of character for pera, I would call that a scum post"
* asks why you thought her and pera were scumbuddies
* says a couple posts later she's leaning town on pera now because:

* goes on to emptyquote Quidthulu's statement that the turbo includes scum on an easy vote.
* did also vote Infinitum after he got on Rarity's case, though...

Rarity:
* softclaims Leviathan right out the gate. Could be trying to build up townie flavor cred early, but I still think this is a bit too risky of a play for scum when it could just be a fakeclaim for the water fiend. Perhaps even more risky for a genuine third party since it shines the spotlight on the nature of their group.
* cast the first vote on pera and got the callouts rolling after the next big pera-post.
* did an about-face and unvoted after allegedly reading the FF3 game and seeing similar pera behaviour. (Fine.)
* later rethought this and voted pera again for having a terrible answer, has been pushing the pera vote ever since

So overall:
pera looks the most individually scummy.

MMT and pera could possibly be teamed - MMT was throwing only minimal shade at pera (I'd call that a scum post, but it's not out of character!) which can then be rolled back as the momentum builds and whoah, now it's all worrying and maybe a scum push

I don't think MMT and Rarity are likely teamed though, since that was a very backhanded "backup" that MMT gave - thinking the Leviathan claim is truthful, but hey it might mean she's 3P, guys. While MMT did vote Inf after he voted, Rarity that could have been more about protecting pera more indirectly by finding a totally new unrelated person to case.

Rarity and pera I don't see as possibly teamed. For them to be on a scum team together, this is what would have had to happen:

* Rarity throws down a first vote and case on pera just for kicks to try and get in some early distance, possibly assuming it will not build up steam or anything on D1
* Rarity then immediately takes back that opinion even though no one else had piled on yet, there was literally just Infinitum with that "WOW" post. This is the part I see as just too crazy. If you're going to bother bussing a scumbud that fast, at least make it worth your while and reap the cred for it instead of making yourself look scummy too while backpedalling for no drat reason
* Rarity then apparently decides to get back on the bus cause now everyone IS piling on, but if you were worried about that anyway why start it in the first place AND try and walk it back in such an awkward way beforehand, it's just nuts.

Why would you team players up when there haven't been any flips yet? You're obviously paying attention but the only useful thing you've said is how you think pera is the most scummy out of three players. It reads like you're hedging and posting a lot of filler to look like you're engaged in scumhunting.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

The intention of the first post is to flatter me to get me onside, which is something pera would only be doing as scum.

I'll get to a proper rebuttal in a few hours (but the truth of the matter is that it may not be necessary so forgive me if I skip it.) I just want to be absolutely clear about this, because I get accused of this a lot: I was embarrassingly furious at... Amoeba? and we were either literally on the same team or I wasn't scum. I can't remember whether it was ff3 or Podlima.

My point is, after I am drowned by the Sea King (hot?) - take another look at this post and realize that this is my sincere opinion of Rarity. If you've had the misfortune of being around anytime she comes up, you know the above quote is well beyond an inaccurate assessment of my opinion but an outright falsehood. Not only is it insulting to suggest that you aren't utterly immune to flattery (I like this sentence because it's flattering to be told you are immune to flattering) but I don't flatter without drat good cause. Which YOU KNOW because you know if I could just finally get my goddamn hands on a scumdoc there would be TONS of, how did you phrase it earlier as you began?

Rarity posted:

I'm very excited to see her posts of praise for me in the scumdoc after the game ends :)

TONS of me jamming in lilac verdana 10 about how you (and KB <3) absolutely must die immediately. I would also build a strat entirely around how scummy I always (being scum irl and all) look because in almost every game I've played I've been kept around forever. I draw votes and I don't make good cases (yet.) You asked me how many games of yours I've read and I gave you an honest answer. Games v. Posts, big deal. No worries. I never said I'd read games you'd played in, just that scum!Rarity - or, sure, fine, lying!Rarity - is loving incredible.

Every time I see you play, every story I have been told about you, every goddamn time, girl - genius. So much so that I believe there's a message just for me in this post, and I'd just like you to know that I found it.

Also I've already claimed, I'm Fusoya, I can do "a thing" (it's not very useful but leave me with my dignity please, I'm pretending to be an old man), I'm blue planet but a "Lunarian from the red moon," ergo I'm gonna die but there's an event today so don't let scum just turbo me. I also said I breadcrumbed it (this was before figuring out who he was EYEROLL) but I think this is how stickup? I think. taught me to do it in a recent game:

peramene posted:

Joke phase and circlejerking suck. I don't get it. I don't get the comparison of meta reads (except for Asiina) and I don't get the nonsense that comes with it. It's frankly & ultimately screaming obscenities & ya...

I don't remember who asked and I'm exhausted and I'm d1lynch which is poetic considering, but I went and got it for you mostly to give props to sticks for a fun breadcrumb method - if it was indeed sticks.

tl;dr: I adore Rarity and it is an honor to be considered most dangerous to eliminate because holy poo poo would I slay her exactly the way she's coming after me as scum!pera. I'm Fusoya. I'm on the moon. Don't forget today's event!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

peramene posted:

Also I've already claimed, I'm Fusoya, I can do "a thing" (it's not very useful but leave me with my dignity please, I'm pretending to be an old man),

Yeah no, that's not how it works.
A full claim is a full claim.

Claim your roll properly.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Infinitum posted:

Claim your roll, like with dice. HEH HEH HEH.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Sir, I am toast and I've been fortunate enough to see you do this before. I'm not giving scum intel on what sort of abilities folks have d1, not even to survive and actually use it. I am far from town superstar. And I'm certainly not going to allow you (town!Inf I'm sure you mean well) to get it for reasons which should be obvious to the other PRs out there. With so many votes there's zero reason to believe I'm surviving today just because I claim I have something more than "something."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You're the likeliest lynch target today.
You're -3

And you're playing "Well I don't want scum to know my roll"

So guess what?

##vote peramene
Now you're -2 because you're not actively helping town by withholding info.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Claim your role or get lynched.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

peramene posted:

Sir, I am toast and I've been fortunate enough to see you do this before. I'm not giving scum intel on what sort of abilities folks have d1, not even to survive and actually use it. I am far from town superstar. And I'm certainly not going to allow you (town!Inf I'm sure you mean well) to get it for reasons which should be obvious to the other PRs out there. With so many votes there's zero reason to believe I'm surviving today just because I claim I have something more than "something."

If you get lynched your role will flip anyway so what are you worried about?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Inf, really?

A lot can happen in 13 hours that doesn't involve pera full claiming and allowing scum morsel of intel.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Fair enough, Inf. They'll see it anyway when I flip, but this is the better call.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Rarity posted:

If you get lynched your role will flip anyway so what are you worried about?

This is actually a good point, nevermind. I guess it's foolish to think pera is anything but doomed at this point.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I firmly believe in pressure vote style play D1.
Pera isn't coughing up info, which is play not consistent with town.

I much prefer MMT as the lynch today, and have made my case as such.

I'm policy voting Pera until we see a proper claim.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm not supporting a full claim on principle however. I agree with pera's position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

peramene posted:

Fair enough, Inf. They'll see it anyway when I flip, but this is the better call.

So claim if you're town :ughh:

• Locked thread