Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
2k18 really needs eye patches, I want to give everyone on the roster a eye patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Popular CS Go streamer was playing 2k17 in front of his normal 20 thousand viewer crowd, and all he did was complain that career mode had him fight Baron Corbin 6 times out of 8 fights and the crowd kept bitching at him to play something else. There's no point to this post but it was funny to me watching him complain about the game while at the same time justifying playing it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Does anyone know what gauntlet blitz tickets are for in WWE Champions? I've got them maxed out and I have no idea what to do with them.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Invalid Validation posted:

Does anyone know what gauntlet blitz tickets are for in WWE Champions? I've got them maxed out and I have no idea what to do with them.

Me either.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

tao of lmao posted:

Popular CS Go streamer was playing 2k17 in front of his normal 20 thousand viewer crowd, and all he did was complain that career mode had him fight Baron Corbin 6 times out of 8 fights and the crowd kept bitching at him to play something else. There's no point to this post but it was funny to me watching him complain about the game while at the same time justifying playing it.

It gets more realistic every year!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
why come when i evolve one of my dudes from 1* Gold to 2* Bronze, one of the stars is hollow?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Gauntlet Blitz is a really weird event where you have to give them tickets to enter, then you build a team of your top guys. It's really difficult and doesn't really offer great rewards, plus the guys you choose for your teams get locked out of being used in any other matches (the road, LT tours, versus etc.). I don't like it one bit.

On the hollow stars thing, it just means that guy was evolved, he wasn't originally a 2* bronze.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Gauntlet Blitz is a really weird event where you have to give them tickets to enter, then you build a team of your top guys. It's really difficult and doesn't really offer great rewards, plus the guys you choose for your teams get locked out of being used in any other matches (the road, LT tours, versus etc.). I don't like it one bit.

On the hollow stars thing, it just means that guy was evolved, he wasn't originally a 2* bronze.

does it mean he is WEAK GARBAGE or is it just an indicator

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
God I hate tag matches so much. I can stomach the normal candy crush cpu cheating stuff fine in a singles match, but when you have to beat two guys who just "happen" to always fall into four and five gem combos plus they can break up pins plus they can tag out, just ugh.

Come to think of it, I universally hate tag matches in all wrestling games when you're playing single player. No
Mercy, SDvsRaw, WWE 2k. I feel like in the entire history of wrestling games, tag matches have existed to do nothing but be aggravating and unfun in single player. All the games love sticking them in story mode to torture you.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

XP is XP, how a card gets it doesn't change its stats. That said, save those cards for the fusion chamber, get those McMahon supports.

Is that what I should be doing with all my precious S1 cards? I have all these Legacy Survivor cards and I dunno what to do with them

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Tato posted:

God I hate tag matches so much. I can stomach the normal candy crush cpu cheating stuff fine in a singles match, but when you have to beat two guys who just "happen" to always fall into four and five gem combos plus they can break up pins plus they can tag out, just ugh.

Come to think of it, I universally hate tag matches in all wrestling games when you're playing single player. No
Mercy, SDvsRaw, WWE 2k. I feel like in the entire history of wrestling games, tag matches have existed to do nothing but be aggravating and unfun in single player. All the games love sticking them in story mode to torture you.

I've played all of these games and completely disagree. On the whole tag wrestling in video games is fun as gently caress. If you suck at it in Champions it's probably because you are the one who actually sucks.

That being said, 2k17 is the first time I've ever just completely given up on one of these games and a big part of that is how hosed tag matches were in universe mode. gently caress that game.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Somehow Shane McMahon is unsigned in my 1998 WCW TEW playthrough.... so of course I'm signing him up :getin:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I am about ready to drop this loving game over how much the AI is cheating. I just lost a match where I had a fuckin' 300+ power advantage and a type advantage 'cause the AI kept getting these convenient, huge rear end combos in his colours while I got a load of jack loving poo poo. This is the 4th goddamn match in a row now where the AI has pulled a bullshit win out of its rear end, and I am so goddamn done with this crap.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Embrace it and un-install the app, the spell is broken. I always get initially sucked into these games like Supercard and Champions because I want to collect all the superstars, but that's really pretty much impossible without spending money on the game and even then you'd have to spend a ton. I like the collecting aspect more than the gameplay itself, so it takes me a bit to realize "Oh yeah, this isn't that fun" and uninstall. I feel like the WWE Topps virtual trading card thing is more up my alley, but I've tried it out and don't really understand that well how you're supposed to even get half the cards.

Forget it Jake, it's mobile gaming.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Tato posted:

The only way to win a tag match in the 2k games is to beat up both guys sufficiently, then let one of your guys get beat up enough to get a hot tag and clear the ring. It sucks and takes forever.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tato posted:

don't really understand that well how you're supposed to even get half the cards.

Tato posted:

spend a ton

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Yeah I think I've hit the wall on this game too. Once most of your big money challenges get to be enhancing/leveling your guys and you don't have the resources to do it and you don't want to spend money on this lovely puzzle quest, the game becomes a bit of a slog. Not to mention it's a kick in the balls to get to $400 and then buy a pack and guess what rear end in a top hat, another Bronze Seth Rollins.

Frustrating combos don't help at all either. I'll keep it installed and hiding in the back of my phone somewhere but back to Lumines for me.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
They ask me to take surveys a lot so I complain about how quickly you hit the paywall every time, but I doubt it will make a difference.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Golashes posted:

Not to mention it's a kick in the balls to get to $400 and then buy a pack and guess what rear end in a top hat, Bronze Dolph Ziggler.

This happened to me yesterday, it was my first pack buy too :negative:

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

This happened to me yesterday, it was my first pack buy too :negative:

Congrats on getting someone new at least, when it's a lovely card on someone you already have it's a huge kick in the balls.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

There's a Supercard update adding new fusions and stuff. My wi-fi is trash at the moment so I haven't checked it out yet.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Delsaber posted:

There's a Supercard update adding new fusions

Read that as "fursonas"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Delsaber posted:

There's a Supercard update adding new fusions and stuff. My wi-fi is trash at the moment so I haven't checked it out yet.

The new emotes are so low effort. I mean really, having Goldberg pop up and say "You're Mine!"

They really missed a golden opportunity with Bliss as well :alexa:

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

They rebalanced the time for fusion cards which could help newer players I guess? Anyone at the top end doesn't need the new cards and they didn't include any managers this time.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I have so many old Raw Deal cards and even the case and I don't know what the hell to do with them.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Fumaofthelake posted:

They rebalanced the time for fusion cards which could help newer players I guess? Anyone at the top end doesn't need the new cards and they didn't include any managers this time.

It's nice for me, since I'm only making up to summerslam cards at this point anyway

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Is there a goon faction for this game? I'm obsessed with this drat game but all the factions at low level are dead.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Hit up goonWorldOrder and someone'll let you in.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I've been having issues with Champions on my phone lately; I need to restart my phone before loading up the game nowadays.

So, that's fun.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anyone else have the issue with Champions where you play a limited time tour and after winning it just sits on the loading screen (despite the load being completed) but the main menu has actually loaded behind it? I'm worried I'm going to buy something buy accident because just randomly punching at the screen resolves it for me.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Yeah the same thing happens to me from time to time. I just punch around the bottom of the screen once or twice, and that mostly avoids ending up on any payscreens.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I have to say, the improved log in rewards for Supercard make the game feel more fun. Maybe that levels off once you have a full roster though

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

triplexpac posted:

I have to say, the improved log in rewards for Supercard make the game feel more fun. Maybe that levels off once you have a full roster though

I think it's going to take a really long time for hardened cards not to be useful, at least, unless you've already got a super good deck.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The year is 2022, WWE main events SummerSlam with the ultimate showdown for the WWE Tag Team Titles, John Cena & Dolph Ziggler vs Cheeseburger and Daichi Hashimoto.

Meanwhile, Stephanie McMahon has divorced HHH, and begun dating the new power behind the WWE......James "Jamie Noble" Gibson.

TEW remains a great game

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Was this you booking or the AI?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
That sounds like the AI from the way he described it.

Speaking of, in my game the WWE has split the Usos and now one has the IC title and the other the US title. Also, Carmella is the NXT women's champ and is on day one of her maternity leave.

PWG, on the other hand, have signed Bobby Lashley.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

Was this you booking or the AI?

The AI, although I am responsible for getting Cheeseburger and Hashimoto over in the USA (WWE poached both of them from me)

However, I've basically caught up to them in financial might so I've been stealing most of the people I want back. I couldn't hire Dean Ambrose because he broke up with Renee and she didn't want him around :colbert:

Roman Reigns is now the TNA World Champ as Roman Leakee. KENTA is also in TNA. Otherwise I've signed most of the "interesting people". Some of them were a mistake as Balor/Devitt kind of sucks now and I'm stuck paying him 40k/month for 2 more years, but whatever, to me most of the fun of this game is getting all of the guys I like and booking them how I wish WWE would in real life.

Here are the last few big shows from the major promotions:

The divorce has been....less than kind...to HHH's career.

The Big Dog won the title at the next show.

and my own

I started giving Ronda Rousey the super(wo)man push back when she was still unstoppable in UFC, so I figured I might as well have the payoff and make her champ since the myth never died in my reality. I've also gotten lazy and just had a bunch of "4 guys give a promo" angles when I'm not building real storylines. Easy A* rating and it gets my top guys on shows. Adam Cole has remained the most over person in the world while battling his stomach cancer thanks to regular A* promos. Michigan's Least Wanted are a couple of guys the game created from my dojo, but otherwise I've struggled to develop young guys who can go in the ring with the now aging veterans. That will be the big challenge moving into the future.

Marquis de Pyro fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 19, 2017

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
How do you guys get years into a TEW game? Do you let the AI handle some of the booking?

I wish there was a mode where you could be the owner, picking who to push and handling the roster but not booking every single angle.

On another note, I'm on the cusp of getting the Supercard ladder reward of a female card at your current rarity. I'm going to hold off playing until I get my next Hardened log in reward, hopefully that pushes me over to Summerslam

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
the only time I've made it years into a TEW game is by booking a smaller company so I only have to do a few shows a month.

And then I inevitably get a TV deal which slows everything to a crawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

triplexpac posted:

How do you guys get years into a TEW game? Do you let the AI handle some of the booking?

I wish there was a mode where you could be the owner, picking who to push and handling the roster but not booking every single angle.

On another note, I'm on the cusp of getting the Supercard ladder reward of a female card at your current rarity. I'm going to hold off playing until I get my next Hardened log in reward, hopefully that pushes me over to Summerslam

The only way I can get that far is if I autobook most of my shows, the only ones I book manually at that level is PPV's.
Though I end up usually modifying the autobooked show a lot since they like to do some really bizarre things.