Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
In the comics, David only picks up personalities if they die while he's around them. Thanks to Syd his buddy is now his permanent headmate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
telekinetic guy was definitely not real considering they're all "You might be a very powerful telekinetic!" why be so excited if you already have a telekinetic that can throw around boulders and tanks at will?

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
Just watched The Guest on this thread's recommendation and it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This show is good but goddamn does Aubrey Plaza suck.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

It's called hyperbole :rolleyes: Jfc, I was just expressing my frustration (not helped by the nausea and vomiting going on I'm sure). From the reactions you'd think I killed your kids or something. Man, people are stupidly defensive when it comes to comic books. And is the concept of respecting someones requests that involve their personal space really that foreign to you dangerdoom volvo? Like I said, that poo poo is a personal pet peeve of mine so seeing that only exacerbated the annoyance I was already feeling from the weird inception stuff.

I don't think people are disagreeing with you because this is a comic book show (it barely even is), they're disagreeing with you because you sound retarded.

fadam fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Feb 18, 2017

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

It's called hyperbole :rolleyes: Jfc, I was just expressing my frustration (not helped by the nausea and vomiting going on I'm sure). From the reactions you'd think I killed your kids or something. Man, people are stupidly defensive when it comes to comic books. And is the concept of respecting someones requests that involve their personal space really that foreign to you dangerdoom volvo? Like I said, that poo poo is a personal pet peeve of mine so seeing that only exacerbated the annoyance I was already feeling from the weird inception stuff.

You equated an awkward romance to rapist tendencies.

What do you expect.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

telekinetic guy was definitely not real considering they're all "You might be a very powerful telekinetic!" why be so excited if you already have a telekinetic that can throw around boulders and tanks at will?

I think it isn't just that he's telekinetic. He's telekinetic, telepathic, and, as they've now learned, has the ability to teleport objects (as well as himself as the scene with his sister seemed to suggest). He has a terrifying amount of latent potential.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Feb 18, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
aubrey plaza has been loving excellent in this show so far though?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Honestly I think the show will boil down David is the most powerful mutant alive but he is also crazy. I mean having all that poo poo happen to him over the years? That poo poo makes you crazy.

Ornithology posted:

Just watched The Guest on this thread's recommendation and it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

I would kill you irl if I could.

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011

...his rather austistic and childish apparent desire to have a girlfriend and kiss Sydney (repeatedly; he doesn't seem to respect her wishes/personal space which is a big pet peeve of mine, considering the rapey undertones not taking 'no' for an answer has).
Eh. David spent their *entire* time together in the mental hospital being fine with not touching Syd. Days or weeks on end and he never seemed bothered by it at all. He only tries to kiss her after she tells him she's being released the next day...

Takei is Okay fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 18, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
basically rape imo

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Eastern European kitchen chemists better be working their asses off to make light-up drugs frogs a reality or I swear I am gonna throw a child-style temper tantrum.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Disgusting Coward posted:

Eastern European kitchen chemists better be working their asses off to make light-up drugs frogs a reality or I swear I am gonna throw a child-style temper tantrum.

Still waiting on my gif people!

Serf
May 5, 2011

Aubrey Plaza is good in this show. The whole show is pretty good, actually. The first two episodes have really hooked me, I'll see where this thing goes.

Also I watched The Guest on the thread's recommendation and it was loving excellent.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Ornithology posted:

I think that's your personal problem, buddy.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The gently caress kind of name is Aubrey Plaza anyway?

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
Was I the only one who got legitimately creeped the gently caress out by that clown looking monster thing? The messed up children's book and his father with no face was creepy as hell too.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

AndyElusive posted:

The gently caress kind of name is Aubrey Plaza anyway?

She seems pretty nice and cleans up well when her character's not got half the acid blots in town stuck to their skin.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Yeah, because you totally wouldn't want two of those guys. Or because that's a result that they've already seen, so it's a proven outcome that they can share with David - "you could be a powerful telekinetic just like Bill over here!"

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Anyone from parks and rec is a good actor and deserves more work.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
For all the cool cinematography and psychedelic stuff, that egg monster man looks like really bad CGI to me.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
More Aubry Plaza please. It's a shame she's dead :(

What a visually impressive pilot.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You don't have to spoil stuff that's happened and that we've all seen. You don't have to loving spoil your idiot speculation. Just don't loving use spoiler tags at all.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

You don't have to spoil stuff that's happened and that we've all seen. You don't have to loving spoil your idiot speculation. Just don't loving use spoiler tags at all.

Agreed. It's way too hard to move my mouse, like, an inch to read these words!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

David isn't just a telekinetic, that's just one expression of his abilities. He can clearly rearrange matter when the fat guy makes him lose control of his poo poo, hence Syd accidentally sealing all the cells (and bisecting his buddy in the process) or teleporting the entire MRI machine into the forest.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is the fat guy in David's mind a mutant that he killed with his powers when he was a kid and now has a mental block preventing him from remembering? Is that why fat guy is skulking around inside his mind and memories? Is he the one who allows David to shift and manipulate matter?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

Is the fat guy in David's mind a mutant that he killed with his powers when he was a kid and now has a mental block preventing him from remembering? Is that why fat guy is skulking around inside his mind and memories? Is he the one who allows David to shift and manipulate matter?

Maybe ol' Yellow Eyes is like the Blue Dude on 30 Rock and David's just really really hungry :shrug:

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Maybe ol' Yellow Eyes is like the Blue Dude on 30 Rock and David's just really really hungry :shrug:

He needs Dr. Spaceman to give him some stuff.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

ashpanash posted:

He needs Dr. Spaceman to give him some stuff.

Every show needs Dr. Spaceman :allears:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sector_corrector posted:

man....you gotta calm down a little

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Syd is real, Lenny was real before she died, memory guy is real, telekinetic guy is real.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zFOdQYmTrk

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Piell posted:

Syd is real, Lenny was real before she died, memory guy is real, telekinetic guy is real.

What makes you think Lenny isn't real just because she died?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Mulva posted:

What makes you think Lenny isn't real just because she died?

She's still real in his mind but she doesn't have a body anymore

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Sure she does. It's just not her original one.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

You can't post that without context
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiOL5pf7NNw&t=146s

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Piell posted:

After just watching the second episode, I'll throw another wrench in (that someone can make fun of me for). In each of Syd's appearances in the episode, I felt like she was acting differently: sensitive on the bench in the sunset, scared and aprehensive on the swingset, and kind of stand-off-ish in the elevator. Distinctly different. And in each appearance, they've varied up the combination of what she's wearing for gloves and her scarf. If you had easily triggered body swap powers, wouldn't you ALWAYS wear the gloves?

So Syd is real, but only one of her outfit combinations is the "real" Syd. Rest are just David's delusions.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Cael posted:

After just watching the second episode, I'll throw another wrench in (that someone can make fun of me for). In each of Syd's appearances in the episode, I felt like she was acting differently: sensitive on the bench in the sunset, scared and aprehensive on the swingset, and kind of stand-off-ish in the elevator. Distinctly different. And in each appearance, they've varied up the combination of what she's wearing for gloves and her scarf. If you had easily triggered body swap powers, wouldn't you ALWAYS wear the gloves?

So Syd is real, but only one of her outfit combinations is the "real" Syd. Rest are just David's delusions.

Incorrect

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Are Syd's powers that easily triggered, though? After David and Syd swap bodies, and Dr Kissinger takes (Syd) to a room outside the ward, the Doctor touches (Syd's) head and face when he gets the cold pack. Maybe David is just better at controlling mutant powers, even someone else's :shrug:

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Are Syd's powers that easily triggered, though? After David and Syd swap bodies, and Dr Kissinger takes (Syd) to a room outside the ward, the Doctor touches (Syd's) head and face when he gets the cold pack. Maybe David is just better at controlling mutant powers, even someone else's :shrug:

Clearly that ability was on cooldown.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

AndyElusive posted:

p sure he's an actual Marvel villain but idk if they're going the literal route or the Villain Is David Himself thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Fat guy is Peter Kay, who really wants to ask David if he remembers space hoppers. What were they all about?