Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
GET READY FOR AN EXTRAVAGANZA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Zebia posted:

Yamazaki and probably Blue Mary. The person standing tall looks like they're wearing a jacket with a furred collar like one of Mary's previous attires:

Some people are saying it's Rock Howard but yeah it's totally Blue Mary. Blue Mary+Vanessa+Yamazaki fits as an Agent team. I'm curious how they'll do four characters though, like one new team with an ending and stuff? Or just four individual ones with no extra intro/whatever stuff going on?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe they'll merge Verse and Antonov in with the 4th for Team Bosses

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Maybe they'll merge Verse and Antonov in with the 4th for Team Bosses

genius

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Smoking Crow posted:

Whip, yamazaki and vanessa

Deffo whip in bottom left.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone else watching the Leveluplive stream? KOF tournament stuff happening currently.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
It was good and entertaining.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
New Punch the Ballot (Round 1) poll is up!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Hey old people, in Garou: Mark of the Wolves are the secret/boss characters banned in tourney?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

Hey old people, in Garou: Mark of the Wolves are the secret/boss characters banned in tourney?

no but theyre stupid good

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

dangerdoom volvo posted:

still worse than kevin and i think gato tho

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
yeah if anyone was gonna be banned in that game it would probably be kevin i think

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

dangerdoom volvo posted:

thanks

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

2nd Round Poll for this week's Punch the Ballot is up!

I have a feeling that most of you will be happy with most of the finalists on the list.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I posted before about Trajes Fatais, but now there is an english page about the game and the crowdfunding. They've only been able to get 22k BRL so far out of the 80k goal. Check it out if you are interested.

http://www.trajesfatais.com.br/catarse/

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Big Scary Owl posted:

I posted before about Trajes Fatais, but now there is an english page about the game and the crowdfunding. They've only been able to get 22k BRL so far out of the 80k goal. Check it out if you are interested.

http://www.trajesfatais.com.br/catarse/
I hope this game gets funded. It has potential. Sucks that one of the original developers, who even coded the engine, left after like 8 years of working on the game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.focusattack.com/brook-ps4-fighting-board-with-audio-ps4-ps3-pc-pre-order/

brooks making a PS4/PS3/PC board, coming out soon.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
KOF98 and Waku Waku 7 are launch titles for Switch. They're Hamster Arcade Archives releases so the emulation should be fine but they won't have online play.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

KOF98 and Waku Waku 7 are launch titles for Switch. They're Hamster Arcade Archives releases so the emulation should be fine but they won't have online play.

omg... ???

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Just hoping the UK site I normally buy for gets these as well, because otherwise shipping is like 40% of that price. :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

Just hoping the UK site I normally buy for gets these as well, because otherwise shipping is like 40% of that price. :(

if they carry the brooks converters you should be good

ADTerminal
Jun 1, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Something gives me the impression Arcade World UK and Focus Attack are run by the same people, or are at least in partnership of some kind. AWUK have some kind of 'AWUK exclusive' mesh balltops that are the same ones FA stock, so I'd think AWUK would stock this sooner or later

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ADTerminal posted:

Something gives me the impression Arcade World UK and Focus Attack are run by the same people, or are at least in partnership of some kind. AWUK have some kind of 'AWUK exclusive' mesh balltops that are the same ones FA stock, so I'd think AWUK would stock this sooner or later

Yeah, AWUK are who I order from.

That's good news either way!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i really wonder how they got around the 8 min ps4 timeout

also wondering how it'll handle sony firmware updates.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also i replaced the springs in my cabinet for these, and they work great
https://www.focusattack.com/4lb-tension-spring-for-sanwa-jlf/

ordered another one for my te2, maybe now i'll actually use it over my hori pad

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i really wonder how they got around the 8 min ps4 timeout

also wondering how it'll handle sony firmware updates.

Probably had to add some type of Bluetooth authentication.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Probably the same way their universal bird works: they found a way to bypass the authentication, and every time there's a PS4 update you need to wait for Brook to put out new firmware for the board.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
At this point I recommend people to buy a Venom stick and change the parts.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm looking for a fighting game that doesn't revolve around long combo's, but instead reading and playing around your character's strength. No infinite combo's is a huge + for me, and it has to be for PC. My personal Favorite that's not on PC is Smash 4 which doesn't have dumb technical glitch abuse, requires very good reads and play, and most of the combo's are like 3 or 4 hits long at most, while being super risky to pull of, allowing most of the game to take place in the neutral zone.

My favorite kind of fighter, is Rosalina and Luma in Smash, and Ice Climbers in Melee. I like puppet master / zoning / dual control characters where I use weird movement and hitboxes to confuse the opponent, so that's a 2nd wish list.

Do you guys know any games like that?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Turtlicious posted:

I'm looking for a fighting game that doesn't revolve around long combo's, but instead reading and playing around your character's strength. No infinite combo's is a huge + for me, and it has to be for PC. My personal Favorite that's not on PC is Smash 4 which doesn't have dumb technical glitch abuse, requires very good reads and play, and most of the combo's are like 3 or 4 hits long at most, while being super risky to pull of, allowing most of the game to take place in the neutral zone.

My favorite kind of fighter, is Rosalina and Luma in Smash, and Ice Climbers in Melee. I like puppet master / zoning / dual control characters where I use weird movement and hitboxes to confuse the opponent, so that's a 2nd wish list.

poe's law

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

melty blood

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

For Honor

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Endorph posted:

melty blood

isn't that the answer for everything tho

Turtlicious posted:

ST.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo, I did not realize there were so many options, how do I pick?!

Ok 2 options actually, Poe's Law is not actually a game, and I don't know what ST. stands for.

I really like For Honor, but Warden's are just abusing the infinite combo, and I'm not really enjoying it when you just face like 18 - 19 wardens and 2 or 3 of the other characters.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Turtlicious posted:

Ok 2 options actually, Poe's Law is not actually a game, and I don't know what ST. stands for.

Poe's Law means no matter how stupid a thing someone says, you can't tell if they're trolling or serious.

ST means Super Street Fighter II Turbo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Play xrd

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Speaking of I finally made the swap to PC Xrd and the net code is really nice, a marked improvement with some of the people I usually play with. Thank you arc sys for letting me pay you a 4th time for the same game :worship:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wanna Slum with me on ps4 this afternoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

highest number. whoever says the highest number wins