Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

Just to be clear, you guys are both trying to say that you can identify me as scum based on my first vote of the game?

To be clear, I think you are scum because of your first vote of the game and subsequent posting around it, yes.

Just to be clear, are you really trying to handwave away my suspicion because it started on your really terrible vote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

chaoslord posted:

To be clear, I think you are scum because of your first vote of the game and subsequent posting around it, yes.

Just to be clear, are you really trying to handwave away my suspicion because it started on your really terrible vote?

Absolutely.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Whoops :redhammer:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

(didn't see it either sorry!) :ohdear:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Guess who just got back and has time to r--

Oh. Okay.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'll post the flip when I get home. Twilight til then shitposting only until flip.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
pera and others sign up for gashapon aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

CPig once said that all of my posting is shitposting, therefore I can say whatever I want, YOU'VE BEEN HOIST CPIG.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
moat stole a dog in NOLA :ohdear:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cecil and Rydia travelled north through the caves and inside meet an old Sage named Tellah who asks their help in dealing with a monster and he is also on his way to Damycan.
On the way they see one of the red wingsships that has landed and a dark figure, the new leader of the red wings Golbez. He was by a tree in the woods going to the bathroom up against a tree.

Cecil and Rydia sneak up behind him and tie his shoelaces together and scoot away giggling.

Golbez trips backwards and his unhelmeted noggin hits a tree branch and he dies.

peramene - Golbez - Lunarian Aligned was killed on day 1.

quote:

CapitalistPig wrote on Feb 17, 2017 3:11 PM:
"You are Golbez

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Golbez

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

peramene (14): Rarity, Rarity, CCKeane, this is a stickup, GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed, Rarity, Jonathan Fisk, Lumpen, IllegallySober, Bifauxnen, Ahab Itualliar, Murmur Twin, Infinitum, Dick Bastardly, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Little Mac
Murmur Twin (2): Tobbs Gnawed, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed, Asiina, King Burgundy, Infinitum, Infinitum
Bifauxnen (1): Quidthulhu
Rarity (1): Ahab Itualliar, Infinitum, Ahab Itualliar, Infinitum, Pander
Lumpen (1): Pussy Quipped
King Burgundy (0): Asiina, Asiina
Kashuno (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Dick Bastardly (0): Enola Gay-For-Pay, Enola Gay-For-Pay
Infinitum (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
GulagDolls (0): Ahab Itualliar, Ahab Itualliar, peramene, peramene
CCKeane (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Quidthulhu (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Asiina (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu

Not Voting (7): chaoslord, Enola Gay-For-Pay, Kashuno, Mithross, Moatillata, peramene, The Science of Suck

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 19th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 47 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It is night 1!

Actions in by 11pm tomorrow.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The three continued on and slew the beast blocking the way, some big octopus creature.

When they emerged from the cave The red wing fleet flew overhead bombarding them, In their mad rush to flee from the onslaught Cecil's sword flew from his hand and slew Tellah!

IllegallySober - Tellah the Sage - Blue Planet Aligned was killed on Night 1!

quote:

CapitalistPig wrote on Feb 17, 2017 3:09 PM:
"You are Tellah

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tellah

You are blue planet aligned and win when you eliminate all threats to Earth.

You begin the game with three basic spells.

Scan - 1 shot Cop
Cura - 1 Shot Doc(useable on self)
Sleep- 1 Shot Roleblock

Once the events reach the top of Mt. Ordeal you will remember your spells, this will recharge your shots of each spell as well as adding a new spell.

Meteor - You may expend all three shots of your other spells to cast meteor, this spell will go through every living player left in the game, there will be a 20% chance that each player will be killed by meteor including you."

Cecil and Rydia made a dash for the forest and Cecil found the body of a slain mysidian, he remembered the poor girl from his visit there to releive them of their crystal. Cecil bowed his head in shame and the two continued toward Damycan.

Tobbs Gnawed - Porom the White Mage - Blue Planet Aligned was killed on night 1!

quote:

CapitalistPig wrote on Feb 17, 2017 3:10 PM:
"You are Porom

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Porom

You are blue planet aligned and win when you eliminate all threats to Earth.

Cry - Once Per Game you may cry and make your enemies feel sorry for you, this will allow you to make a Twin attack with Palom the following night.

Twin - Once per Game If properly set up you and Porom may use a twin attack making one of several different things happen randomly to a target of your choosing.

1.Pyroblast - Target is Roleblocked
2.Comet - Target is Jailed
3.Twin Meteor - Target is Killed

In addition you are confirmed Blue Planet aligned with your twin brother Palom and are in a masonry together.

Its Day 2!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (23): Ahab Itualliar, Asiina, Bifauxnen, CCKeane, chaoslord, Dick Bastardly, Enola Gay-For-Pay, GulagDolls, Infinitum, Jonathan Fisk, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Little Mac, Lumpen, Mithross, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, Pander, Pussy Quipped, Quidthulhu, Rarity, The Science of Suck, this is a stickup

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 22nd, 2017 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

Absolutely.

##vote Murmur Twin

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

chaoslord posted:

##vote Murmur Twin

Yup, that's where I am.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sorry pera, rough luck.

Would be willing to vote MMT again today some more just like yesterday.

Need to read these complex as hell roles.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

CapitalistPig posted:

Cecil and Rydia travelled north through the caves and inside meet an old Sage named Tellah who asks their help in dealing with a monster and he is also on his way to Damycan.
On the way they see one of the red wingsships that has landed and a dark figure, the new leader of the red wings Golbez. He was by a tree in the woods going to the bathroom up against a tree.

Cecil and Rydia sneak up behind him and tie his shoelaces together and scoot away giggling.

Golbez trips backwards and his unhelmeted noggin hits a tree branch and he dies.

peramene - Golbez - Lunarian Aligned was killed on day 1.

:boom:

as of now I'm down for mmt today, but I want to reread more than a few people before doing anything

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So should Palom claim?

Without a counterclaim it makes them confirmed town, but it does make them a big target. That said if I'm reading the role right and it's just a mirrored role they'd essentially be VT?

I dunno I'm not sure but I'd like to hear thoughts from others.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Lumpen posted:

On peramene: I am still very confident she's Scum. I find it amusing that she seems to consider herself such a fantastically convincing liar and trickster, but upon rolling Scum blows her cover in basically her first post with "~heh heh I'll definitely razzle-dazzle these rubes with some reverse psychology about how much I wish I was Scum! Ha ha! I am so clever!~" and then doubles down on almost every subsequent post. peramene, I think it is possible that the people you bamboozle in real life may not really be on the paranoid lookout for being lied to, and so may give you the benefit of the doubt, or maybe you're not any more convincing irl either but people are too polite to call you out. But here you are playing MAFIA against scarred, steely-eyed, grizzled SA Mafia veterans. In the other social games there is good strategic reason to humor you, but when you're a Scum in Mafia and try to be cute, we grind you into the dirt pitilessly and immediately.

peramene posted:

Also I've already claimed, I'm Fusoya, I can do "a thing" (it's not very useful but leave me with my dignity please, I'm pretending to be an old man), I'm blue planet but a "Lunarian from the red moon," ergo I'm gonna die but there's an event today so don't let scum just turbo me. I also said I breadcrumbed it (this was before figuring out who he was EYEROLL)

tl;dr: I adore Rarity and it is an honor to be considered most dangerous to eliminate because holy poo poo would I slay her exactly the way she's coming after me as scum!pera. I'm Fusoya. I'm on the moon. Don't forget today's event!
Offhand, pera's clinging to this claim is worthless because the OP says:

CapitalistPig posted:

Welcome to Final Fantasy 4 Mafia.
Scum has been provided with fakeclaims and a sample role pm.

Pander has used basically every post today weirdly going to bat for peramene.

Pander posted:

pera has a lot of words. Outside of me I don't remember many people using that many words as scum. It requires a lot of confidence and boldness. Without even reading him I think it means he's town.

Pander posted:

That's an insanely powerful role for the scum, so in my view it's far more likely to be town: a vig that's such a huge risk you don't dare use it unless you're an idiot or sure of yourself.

So just going "oh well yeah that role is obv not town let's lynch pera" strikes me as a low stress way to make your bones that lets you later go "oh well guess it's a weird setup v:shobon:v"

Pander posted:

Wait what?

You think if he's telling the truth about the role he's scum? You think a role with a 50% chance of blowing himself up is sensible for scum/3P?

And if that's not his actual role, why lie about it in that way? Why not fakeclaim something a little less horrendously dangerous?

The logic behind "his role is scummy" is really tortured.

Pander posted:

mafia edit: replace he with she. Saw the earlier note, sorry pera, I'm bad at that.

Pander posted:

You can argue that a power can be used in a not town way, but until you know the flip I'd hesitate about matching alignments to roles. It's not always scummy to base alignments on claimed roles, but it is always bad play.
If peramene flips Scum, Pander's her scumbuddy, I'd wager. I'd even go so far as to suspect the "gender confusion" was a calculated distancing ruse. It's an oldie but a goodie.
I love being so insightful and correct all the time.
##vote Pander
Pander is Scum I know it.

Ahab Itualliar
Feb 16, 2017

##vote murmur twin

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm really mad because work imploded and I am doing 12 hour days of physical labor for a week or two. Can someone get me up to speed on why we are looking at MMT

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pussy quipped looks much more suspicious than mt to me.

##vote pussy quipped

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

I'm really mad because work imploded and I am doing 12 hour days of physical labor for a week or two. Can someone get me up to speed on why we are looking at MMT

I made a case here and her response (not to me, but to other similar cases) was basically "I didn't read FF1/2, so does my point about D being bad make more sense?" (it doesn't), and then to ultimately just handwave it away because "D1 case".

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I would also vote quid

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'll probably vote for MMT or Quid but I'm a bit preoccupied with a different game right now so gimme a while to think things over

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote mmt :cheerdoge:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Let's see an actual case on mmt relative to pera flip rather than a turbo eh

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mmt made posts that I remember seeing and thinking were bad.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That is true for a number of people.

For example, :siren: read pussy whipped circa page 12, who much more directly defends and distracts from pera in a slushy fake way :siren:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

they dont even post on page 12!!!!!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i found the posts, on page 13, and thinik they are not compelling as the continual slaying of 'weird postings'

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Circa!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

chaoslord posted:

I made a case here and her response (not to me, but to other similar cases) was basically "I didn't read FF1/2, so does my point about D being bad make more sense?" (it doesn't), and then to ultimately just handwave it away because "D1 case".

Your case was about why I made a strategically incorrect event vote / vote on Infinitum at the start of the game. I admit that I did all that, I'm just saying that it's not scummy and that what I did was normal behavior for a town player on D1.

Also, I believe your reads this game are fabricated. ##vote Chaoslord

chaoslord posted:

Actually, I have a second "haven't fully read yet" hot take and that is "Why doesn't murmur twin have more votes?"

Ok great bed time

CL makes this post on D1, indicating that he skimmed the thread and that he felt my play was scummy enough to warrant more votes. When asked for an explanation on this:

chaoslord posted:

Ok great. Most of it has been covered by others but I will recap it for you.

This is a real bad vote. With basically everything being different about this game compared to FF3, to come in with "well surely this must be the same" is strange. Especially when the bad options in FF3 were typically

Which is nowhere near the same ballpark as "Have a guy eat 10 pies".

Inf points out how terrible your vote is and your reply is

...no. It was a bad vote. Inf explained exactly why it was a bad vote. He's not being "defensive".

The first part of his argument is that I made a strategically sub-par choice for the first event / vote on Infinitum. I agree, I did that. I disagree with the assertion that there's anything scummy about it. Like maaaaybe if I kept trying to push for Infinitum and insisted that people vote for him, but that didn't happen.

But come on, he thinks that's enough to wonder (7 pages later) why more people aren't voting for me? It was literally the first game related content I made!

quote:

Then this post from reading this morning

Let me add in the full quotes because nesting quotes break sometimes.

Inf quoted this

without the vote in his post from which you quote

without the first line to say inf was getting onto you for picking an option. If you read the full quotes without just cherry picking parts out, it is clear inf's "in hell mate" is about your Inf vote, not your choice vote. I don't like how you're trying to frame it as otherwise.

After re-reading the game, he continues to go ham casing me for the same interaction as before. I can't stress this enough - if not for KB and CL coming in and "me too"'ing the case, I would have dropped it a long time ago. Given his "tunnel on the first person to vote for me" schtick, I personally think Infi is town.

Throughout all of this, what does he have to say about pera?

quote:

pera still hasn't claimed, what is life

Leaving for church now, voting pera when I get situated there if she still hasn't claimed. My biggest mafia pet peeve is people playing against their win cons and she is either scum or explicitly doing that at this point so I am happy either way.

They're not wrong. You 1000% should have claimed sooner than you did.

He doesn't vote for her, or case her, but he says that he'll vote her despite all of his casework to that point being on me.

I also think his read on Quid is fake:

chaoslord posted:

Since we have some time

This is another post I don't like.

pera was at 7/14. On D1 I feel like it is rare for the first person to emerge as the vote leader to end up as the actual person who goes on to get lynched anyway, so this is just some hand wringing for reasons far from deadline.

My main problem is rather than Quidnose pointing out what they don't like about the pera case ("scum on an easy vote" implies they disagree that pera was the right person to vote), he just shrugs his shoulders here. Not even trying to dissuade people from a vote when they are only halfway to lynch and there is a day and a half to deadline just seems.. odd. To this point I am sure he will say "I voted bif though later", but coming back after a couple of hours and casting a fairly light vote doesn't strike me as a great response to my point. Quid sees a turbo happening (it isn't a turbo but ignore that) that he thinks is an easy vote and rather than try to break the case up or put forward another candidate he just... posts this. I am used to seeing a lot more forceful quidnose so this is weird.

Plus, there's the whole "this sentence is not actually saying anything" bit. Scum are going to be on almost every vote. But "almost certainly"? That is such an empty, hedging phrase. It is strange he is willing to make such a comment after getting on Asiina's case for supposedly posting things that say nothing.

Here are the 7 people who were on pera at the time of that post:

CCKeane, this is a stickup, GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed, Rarity, Jonathan Fisk, Lumpen

Can you guess how many of these people Quid has expressed scum feelings about after declaring "one of these people will almost certaintly be scum"?

Its 0. Heck, he has barely expressed any feelings about any of them at all, town or scum.

What does this sound like to people? Like he doesn't know Quid's alignment and he's trying to figure it out? Or like he decided to call Quid scum and then reverse-engineer a justification for it?

Ahab Itualliar
Feb 16, 2017

GulagDolls posted:

they dont even post on page 12!!!!!

J Fisk running distraction for MMT

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ahab Itualliar posted:

J Fisk running distraction for MMT

You must be confused, this isn't retarded post mafia

Ahab Itualliar
Feb 16, 2017

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You must be confused, this isn't retarded post mafia

Sorry I think transformers mafia is rotting my brain

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

until mmt's posts are half as long, they will continue to be next in line for the executioner' firaga spell

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In seriousness all of the people voting someone other than pera at the end of yesterday are suss as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Inf's probably already answered this, so while I normally wouldn't jump into someone else's interrogation, I feel freed to do so.

A) It's a weird take on things. It's like when science deniers try to cherry pick a trough in data to make a point. There are THREE previous games to look at in the context of this. You pointing to one specific game that supports your point while ignoring the rest of the data is either a bad argument or a false one. I'm leaning false.

B) You seem to be accusing Inf of something he didn't do here. He had real reasons to vote you and it wasn't your vote in the thing. It was your reason for voting him. You seem to be putting words in his mouth here.

Murmur Twin posted:

It's not like I did research or anything to come up with "D was always bad in FF3" - the game was like a month ago and I was in the observer doc where CPig was posting the choices. I was using my memory, and wasn't thinking at all of FF1 or FF2 since I haven't read them.

KB - if you think about my posts from the POV of someone who only read FF3, do they make more sense to you?

King Burgundy posted:

I liked some of MMT's response to me, but still leaning scum.

That wasn't a rhetorical question! KB - if your case was that you thought I was lying when I said I made my choice/vote based on "D was bad in FF3", and you now know that I didn't read through FF1/2, does that change your read on me at all? Why or why not?

• Locked thread