Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Why can't we ever have anything nice.

We're living in the timeline where Trump's America exists. :saddowns:

Mousou Telepathy page snipe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

DrSunshine posted:

We're living in the timeline where Trump's America exists. :saddowns:

Mousou Telepathy page snipe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSbnSRpBMfM

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Heck yes, I had forgot about this and got to burn through a decent chunk again. I hope they mix things up again soon because the main girl and main guy just not talking to each other ever is getting a bit dull with her having friends now. Although the bit about her questioning if she was playing god was pretty interesting until they dropped it immediately.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Fellis posted:

Heck yes, I had forgot about this and got to burn through a decent chunk again. I hope they mix things up again soon because the main girl and main guy just not talking to each other ever is getting a bit dull with her having friends now. Although the bit about her questioning if she was playing god was pretty interesting until they dropped it immediately.

I like that Mana and she patched up their relationship when the truth of her psychic powers was revealed, that's a really neat and cool development. Also Mana changed from being kind of the bitchy girl to an actual pretty sympathetic character! Good for her!! But it just makes Toda seem all the worse by comparison. Literally all he ever does is think lewd thoughts about Nakano. That really isn't a crush at all and it is getting ki~nd of tiresome.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Why can't we ever have anything nice.

You mean like a Dungeon Meshi anime?

Because that might be happening.

Maybe.

According to rumors.

On 2ch.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Well, at least there's some good news...

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

DrSunshine posted:

I like that Mana and she patched up their relationship when the truth of her psychic powers was revealed, that's a really neat and cool development. Also Mana changed from being kind of the bitchy girl to an actual pretty sympathetic character! Good for her!! But it just makes Toda seem all the worse by comparison. Literally all he ever does is think lewd thoughts about Nakano. That really isn't a crush at all and it is getting ki~nd of tiresome.

Yeah exactly this! I thought that reveal was really well done and it was a big shoe drop in an otherwise lighthearted one-joke gag manga, I'm hoping they keep that coming.

z0glin Warchief posted:

You mean like a Dungeon Meshi anime?

Because that might be happening.

Maybe.

According to rumors.

On 2ch.

a Dungeon Meshi anime would mean we aren't in the darkest timeline after all!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Hey. We've got really good (so far, though I don't see that changing) anime adaptations of both Demi-chan and Maidragon.

I'd say we're in a heavily overcast timeline, not the darkest.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Onean posted:

Hey. We've got really good (so far, though I don't see that changing) anime adaptations of both Demi-chan and Maidragon.

I'd say we're in a heavily overcast timeline, not the darkest.

Overall, I'd say the past couple years have been really really good for fans of surreal daily life manga. I mean, we had Seki-Kun, Sakamoto, Donyatsu, Dagashi Kashi, Jitsu Wa (well... they can't all be homeruns...), Flying Witch, Demi-chan, Maidragon... So many, actually!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fellis posted:

a Dungeon Meshi anime would mean we aren't in the darkest timeline after all!
Adapted by gonzo

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
There never was a jitsu anime :colbert:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Aww yesss, two Dansan Joshi chapters!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Kanojo wa Rokurokubi just had an epilogue chapter released and it fixes some of the issues people in this thread had with the ending. Plus a Demi-chan bonus!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The Demi-chan bit was, uh, strange to say the least.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

Nate RFB posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Wait Rokurokubi ended? Curse you magazine readers for always being ahead of the game! :argh:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Definitely surreal!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Here's a link

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kanojo-wa-Rokurokubi/Vol-004-Ch-022-001--Omake---Demi-chan-Extra?id=346090

Iz gud

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

Wait Rokurokubi ended? Curse you magazine readers for always being ahead of the game! :argh:

More like, got abruptly beheaded with an axe

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Aoi Uroko to Suna no Machi was a really cool short story, a little sad, a little eerie and a little sweet

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sad to hear kotonoba drive's ending. hopefully the creator has just told the stories they want to tell, not some more disappointing reason

something something melancholic ephemerality

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Um excuse me, it's called mono no aware :goonsay:

Couple new chapters of Mousou Telepathy! I am enjoying this a lot, lot more than Tomo-chan, mainly because of the actual progress and character development.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Hey, do you guys remember The Wandering of Girls' Group No 7?? Someone finally translated another chapter!! :neckbeard:

I loved the kooky sci-fi world the author invented, and have craved more of it.

Look at this stuff! Ahahaha!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New Sanova Bocchi.

I love the fake mustache she gets from the fake beer. Carbonated pineapple juice and whipped cream eh?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Huzzah! posted:

New Sanova Bocchi.

I love the fake mustache she gets from the fake beer. Carbonated pineapple juice and whipped cream eh?

Her rival should really just accept it and kiss her already.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

DrSunshine posted:

Hey, do you guys remember The Wandering of Girls' Group No 7?? Someone finally translated another chapter!! :neckbeard:

I loved the kooky sci-fi world the author invented, and have craved more of it.

Look at this stuff! Ahahaha!

I got the update too, but I don't remember any of this manga. So I have to read it all over again.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of Sanova Bocchi - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Ayane-Oujou-sama-wa-Sanova-B-ch-ni-Araserareru/Ch-007--In-an-Iza--ya?id=347268

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I got the update too, but I don't remember any of this manga. So I have to read it all over again.

Hey great! You're in for a treat, it's basically the definition of a SDL manga.

EDIT: Criminale

Oh come onnnnn. Are they really playing up the "OH NO IS HE DEAD?! :ohdear:" thing? It's been clearly shown since the beginning that he wears a kevlar vest all the time. That's really silly!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 19, 2017

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

good to see the old "comedy manga not popular enough, time to introduce bullshit superpowers" trick come back. it worked so well for Reborn.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Sleepy Princess chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Maou-jou-de-Oyasumi/Ch-025--On-a-Cradle-Unto-the-Grave?id=347354

In which the Princess goes looking for meaty boners, wants to ride the demons, and generally lends herself to a multitude of double entendres.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 20, 2017

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
I love when she's drawn like this:

lil sleepy gremlin

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

dordreff posted:

good to see the old "comedy manga not popular enough, time to introduce bullshit superpowers" trick come back. it worked so well for Reborn.

Yeah, really. When they started mentioning "bloodline" stuff, I was all like :what:

Don't go down this route!!

Looks like a new Earth Afterschool popped up. Kinda a lot of fanservice in this one, but I like the way the mystery is developing.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 20, 2017

Feoffic
Feb 13, 2012

New DOuman Seiman manga: Melancholia.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I missed Dowman so much. Good to see he's back. I'm all in.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Mashing subscribe as hard as I can.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Another cute little story in Hikomei & Mikochi, this time about Conju's friend from that big ol' kerfuffle a long while back.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/flying_tv/status/834319610585370627

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:yeah:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Holy shiiiit it's like they took off some time traveler's geocities page, that owns so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

jrdbnta posted:

New DOuman Seiman manga: Melancholia.

What is it with Lovecraftian apocalypses and the "tentacles from the sky" motif? When did that particular visual trope get started? I've seen it at least two other comics -- Rat Queens and Hellboy.

Mousou Telepathy!

I'm liking the new guy. He's an absurdly straightforward guy just like the dude in Love Roma!