Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

How do you guys get years into a TEW game? Do you let the AI handle some of the booking?

I wish there was a mode where you could be the owner, picking who to push and handling the roster but not booking every single angle.

On another note, I'm on the cusp of getting the Supercard ladder reward of a female card at your current rarity. I'm going to hold off playing until I get my next Hardened log in reward, hopefully that pushes me over to Summerslam

I only do 5 shows a month (one TV show, one PPV) and as I said I usually just have one or two storylines and the rest of my angles are just "some main eventer cuts a promo for 10 minutes"

Most of my TV shows are just promo - short match - short match - promo - long match - long match so it only takes a couple of minutes to book.

In the past I tried a game with two weekly shows and a huge roster (basically WWE) and I got sick of it after like 3 months of game time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

CapitalistPig posted:

The only way I can get that far is if I autobook most of my shows, the only ones I book manually at that level is PPV's.
Though I end up usually modifying the autobooked show a lot since they like to do some really bizarre things.

Yeah maybe I'll give that a shot. I can never get past 2 years or so

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

triplexpac posted:

How do you guys get years into a TEW game? Do you let the AI handle some of the booking?

I usually get bored or distracted from my games after a few months but my current game has been sticking with me for quite a while.

Just edit the poo poo out of your database before you start, that's my advice. Make everything the way you want it to be. Make Raw 2 or even 1 hour long. Get rid of Smackdown and your B shows entirely.

When I started, I edited it to give myself one 1.5 hour long A show and eventually added an hour long B show where I'll usually just take a minute to edit the auto booker's work.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I started giving Ronda Rousey the super(wo)man push back when she was still unstoppable in UFC, so I figured I might as well have the payoff and make her champ since the myth never died in my reality. I've also gotten lazy and just had a bunch of "4 guys give a promo" angles when I'm not building real storylines. Easy A* rating and it gets my top guys on shows. Adam Cole has remained the most over person in the world while battling his stomach cancer thanks to regular A* promos. Michigan's Least Wanted are a couple of guys the game created from my dojo, but otherwise I've struggled to develop young guys who can go in the ring with the now aging veterans. That will be the big challenge moving into the future.

That's a boss show. I like your Rousey booking and that Steen/Styles tag combo. Random promos are the best - I use freestyle angle so much.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

One of the reasons my TEW games have burned out is because I refuse to let go of my 'B' shows.
One of my goals is to nurture my young talent so giving them their B show reps is necessary.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I don't mind a 60 min B show. I just turn off the rule that makes you use angles, and book a handful of matches for the dudes I want to build up

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

ChrisBTY posted:

One of the reasons my TEW games have burned out is because I refuse to let go of my 'B' shows.
One of my goals is to nurture my young talent so giving them their B show reps is necessary.

This would probably be a good idea for me, I just don't want to do it :cry: But on the other hand only having two or three good workers under the age of 35 is going to become a problem soon

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, how's 2K17 vs. 2K16 since we've had time to take it in? I'm tempted to buy it on PC, but it's cheaper on PS4...and I've got a Pro + 4K on there. I figure there's more of a CAW community on PS4, but...mods and stuff..

Granted, I already know what I'm gonna end up doing. What do I ever year the past 2-3 years. Get the game. Spend 30+ hours setting up the perfect Universe with 100 CAWs + endless PC mods so I end up having 400 wrestlers on the drat game like it's Fire Pro or something. Set up all the arenas and brands.

And then not play it.

It's a viscous cycle.

89 fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 20, 2017

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I don't think the PC modding community is that big.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I haven't seen mods, but someone released Sound Editor which allows you to inject music into the game; in addition to the usual wrestler themes. I put in the Nitro and Thunder themes which makes Universe mode kind of fun since the show loading animations and intro pyros line up really well with the real show music.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Huh, anyone else have the issue with Champions where if you get two packs for a superstar unlock, it gives you a dupe on the second pack open? I got two Dolphs from getting pack unlocks through playing, and then today decided to pay some cash and got two nevilles. I can't get mad about it though, because it is basically a slot machine hidden in a rigged puzzle game, and I'm a dipshit for giving it money.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i never had double dupes like that unless you count every free/victory loot giving me kane tp, forever

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The 2k17 HOF Showcase is out and the commentary for the showcase matches is already AMAZING. They not only have Cole and King standing in for every announce team involved, but I just started the Sting/Flair Clash match and they're loving shilling for Mania IV! That's revisionism on a staggering level.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

The 2k17 HOF Showcase is out and the commentary for the showcase matches is already AMAZING. They not only have Cole and King standing in for every announce team involved, but I just started the Sting/Flair Clash match and they're loving shilling for Mania IV! That's revisionism on a staggering level.

Good thing I have the commentary turned off. Gotta download this now and hope my game doesn't keep crashing.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Annnnnd bought it on PS4 with the DLC. I'm such a mark.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Huh, anyone else have the issue with Champions where if you get two packs for a superstar unlock, it gives you a dupe on the second pack open? I got two Dolphs from getting pack unlocks through playing, and then today decided to pay some cash and got two nevilles. I can't get mad about it though, because it is basically a slot machine hidden in a rigged puzzle game, and I'm a dipshit for giving it money.

Yeah, I got two Strowman in a row. :argh:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Maaaan the Hall of Fame DLC for 2K17 is something else. There's multiple times where Lawler and Cole shill Wrestlemania as a bigger event during matches that'd happen in WCW and WCCW. Like sure the commentator would be putting over how WCCW talent like King Kong Bundy is going to be on Wrestlemania 2 in the main event. They also completely ignore Terry Gordy in the Freebirds saying the original three included Jimmy Garvin. Ric Flair and Big Show they just slapped wigs on. Surprisingly the new DDP DLC character looks better than the one already in the game. They also completely make up poo poo for the Boss Man vs. Big Show match telling you to hit the Boss Man Slam on Show, which never happened. They also reuse the 80s Boss Man model so he's really fat and has a full head of hair wearing a swat vest.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hahahaha 2K just didn't give a poo poo with this DLC pack

https://twitter.com/KungFu_Grip/status/833969857393721344

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

KungFu Grip posted:

HOW :psyduck:

I remember my mind being blown when I found out a flub like this ended up in Oblivion, but Oblivion has thousands of recorded lines of situational dialogue, so an oversight, even one that egregious, is understandable. The WWE games have so little voice acting that you'll hear the very next thing in that video, Cole saying "I've never seen him do that before", a dozen times in any given hour of gameplay.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

KungFu Grip posted:

holy gently caress that is beyond lazy. so about par for the course with yuke's and wwe

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KungFu Grip posted:

:lol::lol:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

What the actual gently caress. Man 2K, really giving us our money's worth this year. I don't feel bad about spending $90 on this poo poo at all! :downsgun:

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
In Universe mode, there is a show intro with the video and the fireworks display. Can I make that play in other modes or do I need to set everything up manually in Universe?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

This needs to be an option in every game.

If 2k18 offered first take commentary as an option or DLC I'd buy it first day.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Looking to fill one or two spots in an Ultimate team in Supercard. Your team deck would have to be ult or maybe elite++.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Maaaan the Hall of Fame DLC for 2K17 is something else. There's multiple times where Lawler and Cole shill Wrestlemania as a bigger event during matches that'd happen in WCW and WCCW. Like sure the commentator would be putting over how WCCW talent like King Kong Bundy is going to be on Wrestlemania 2 in the main event. They also completely ignore Terry Gordy in the Freebirds saying the original three included Jimmy Garvin. Ric Flair and Big Show they just slapped wigs on. Surprisingly the new DDP DLC character looks better than the one already in the game. They also completely make up poo poo for the Boss Man vs. Big Show match telling you to hit the Boss Man Slam on Show, which never happened. They also reuse the 80s Boss Man model so he's really fat and has a full head of hair wearing a swat vest.

The gimmick in the Shango/Godfather match is also very un-fun. (Shango's taunts give you the yellow-reversal debuff that blocks your reversals, because VOOOODOOOOO)

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If everyone quit buying wwe games every year they might readjust their give no shits policy.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Lower sales won't provoke them into bigger budgets, but what they've got has hit its ceiling for sales, more or less. It's the ROH of video games

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I assume if the games got lower sales they'd just stop making the games

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

triplexpac posted:

I don't mind a 60 min B show. I just turn off the rule that makes you use angles, and book a handful of matches for the dudes I want to build up

I'm not even sure why I care what rating the B show gets.
I could probably just not change the rules, run a show with no angles, get a 43 or something and just be 'meh, doesn't affect anything'
And yet I just can't.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm famous now because of this video.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

God drat it. 400 tokens and what do I get? Fuckin' NXT Reigns. Ugh.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Scotty Riggs has gotten injured in a freak incident with a Boar, he suffered swivel hip.

edit: I don't know which is better out of Goldberg & Kidman becoming a tag team or Mongo & Chavo.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Feb 22, 2017

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

ShootaBoy posted:

God drat it. 400 tokens and what do I get? Fuckin' NXT Reigns. Ugh.

It's time to accept that it's a really bad game and delete it. You'll feel better.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's way better than Supercard which people keep playing for some idiotic reason.

I got a King Barrett which owns.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
i'd just like a sequel to all stars to play while me and my friends drink beer, i don't think that's that hard

joylessdivision posted:

It's time to accept that it's a really bad game and delete it. You'll feel better.

yeah game is bad and breaking the cycle is the only true freedom

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

It's way better than Supercard which people keep playing for some idiotic reason.

I got a King Barrett which owns.

And I broke the cycle with that garbage game ages ago. Champions at least managed to get me to part with about $20, so it's got that going for it but the pay wall hits way to quickly and way too hard that after spending 800 in game for two boxes and both were dupes of characters I already had, I decided I was done.

At least FF: Record Keeper hides the micro transactions behind a half dozen menus.

The only good WWE mobile game I've played so far was that Mortal Kombat with WWE skin that I'm too lazy to look up the name for. I'd play the hell out a Netherrealm developed WWE console fighter. The touch screen controls were fine but not the same.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

joylessdivision posted:

The only good WWE mobile game I've played so far was that Mortal Kombat with WWE skin that I'm too lazy to look up the name for. I'd play the hell out a Netherrealm developed WWE console fighter. The touch screen controls were fine but not the same.

WWE Immortals, which was definitely quite fun for a mobile game

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

It came out after the mobile Injustice game which kind of killed it for me. Felt like I'd already played it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

joylessdivision posted:

I kinda want to quit but it's the the only poopgame I got right now. If I drop it then it's back to playing loving solitare and at this point I've done enough of that to the point of regularly hitting sub-1:30 clear times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ShootaBoy posted:

I kinda want to quit but it's the the only poopgame I got right now. If I drop it then it's back to playing loving solitare and at this point I've done enough of that to the point of regularly hitting sub-1:30 clear times.

Try Solitairica.